Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 11:36   #1
BHPian

Track day individual car performance

The other track report is going in the direction of next track day, track orientation etc etc.

I hope mods wont merge this with the other report. As this is specifically for discussing individual car performance.

How about a write up on the cars that participated in the last track day at Kari?

I am interested in knowing about turbo,

How many turbo cars were there?

There was a pic of a turbo Mitsubishi.. was it a new cedia ? Who did the turbo work on it?

How did it perform?
Old 6th October 2007, 20:52   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Since no one else seems to be taking any interest in the track day threads let me try to answer a few of your questions.

Quote:
How about a write up on the cars that participated in the last track day at Kari?
Shrestha's & Harrie's MIVECs - Indian Lancers with a transplant. For further details on this build kindly go through another member "SIDEWAYS" garage. They are pretty similar. Cars putting out about 165+ bhp, with good handling characteristics, upgrade in suspension, tires & rims.

Shrestha's Esteem - Rally prepared esteem. You might have to look at the MAI website for the supplementary regulations.

Mohit's Getz - Stage II mods including port & polish, headers, intake, FFE, aftermarket cam. Plus upsized rubber & rims.

Agentsmith's OHC - Stock Vtec. Need I say more?

Quicksilver's OHC - 1.5exi with greddy headers and aftermarket filter (?). One of the best looking (cleanliness wise) OHC I have come across.

Swift - No idea. Harrie should be able to give further details on that one.

Vikram's Swift - Rdkarthik's ECU, rest running stock. Check his garage for further updates. His car used to run Peddars lowered suspension, combined with stage I mods.

Mohit's Cedia - Tced upto 7psi. Didn't run on track due to some reliability issues with 1 of the spark plugs going kaput I am told. Psycho worked on the turboing part.

Totally there were 14 cars I heard but not all went onto track. I might have missed a couple of cars, but this is the best I could do from my memory. The rest will chip in shortly.

Also track days are all about having fun with your daily driven cars on track. The main aim is to allow us a day out where we can drive in controlled environments, to minimize risk factors to ourselves & the rest. Also we have quite a lot of newbies, so its very unfair to judge the performances of each car. Those who are brave enough, or have the experience of a couple of track days below their belts will do better. But, its not a thumb rule. Also, most often than not most of the cars that take part are ordinary street cars with maybe just a change in the rubber. Thats about it.

Quote:
I am interested in knowing about turbo,
There are lot of threads explaining the art of TCing in the technical sections.

If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you are trying to analyze? Or whats the point of this thread?

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th October 2007 at 20:55.
Old 7th October 2007, 01:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the wonderful info rahul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you are trying to analyze? Or whats the point of this thread?
may be he is just another Mcl on the block.
Old 7th October 2007, 03:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agentsmith's OHC - Stock Vtec. Need I say more?
Stock 1.5 Exi, actually.

Quote:
Mohit's Cedia - Tced upto 7psi. Didn't run on track due to some reliability issues with 1 of the spark plugs going kaput I am told. Psycho worked on the turboing part.
No issues. Some idiot accessory guy installed the wrong set of aftermarket plugs for the new setup, so the mapping done on the ECU was rendered inefficient. By the time the plugs came, it was too late to tune the car on track.
Old 7th October 2007, 09:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Some idiot accessory guy installed the wrong set of aftermarket plugs for the new setup

Isnt that always the problem?
Old 7th October 2007, 16:41   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Stock 1.5 Exi, actually.
Umm, not entirely stock. K&N filter + automech 4x2x1 headers/FFE. Headers kick in at low rpm of 2k. Wonder, if I should be worried, if butt-o-meter of people who drove the car didn't register any inflections
Old 8th October 2007, 14:22   #7
BHPian

Mclaren, No one has said anything on the cars, so thats reason one for asking.. suddently you seems to have taken offence !! "whats the point of this thread" is int it obvious from what I have written?

I am curious to know how the home made turbo cars performed in the track, because there are no factory fitted petrol turbo cars in india. even though its a fun track day, nobody will take a spiced up car to track "just to" drive around.. They will start pushing once on the track..

I like mitsubishis (evos specifically).. reason for asking specifically.. I am planning a fun car, have to identify something..

I know what TCs is about, dont want to know about that in this post..
I may not be an expert in TC, but have driven quite a few of them on regular basis.

sad to know such a silly mistake ended
the cedia's day out. hope nothing serious happened to the engine.

thanx for taking time to write abt the cars.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Quicksilver's OHC - 1.5exi with greddy headers and aftermarket filter (?). One of the best looking (cleanliness wise) OHC I have come across.
Vikram's Swift - Rdkarthik's ECU, rest running stock. Check his garage for further updates. His car used to run Peddars lowered suspension, combined with stage I mods.
Thanks for that Rahul, my car was running greddy headers and green cotton (Storm) filters with a custom intake from Peter. Together both made a huge difference on the performance though I felt I could have done better with a bit more power. Isn't that the case always?

@renamo: I don't think MCL had taken offense to your post pal, if I am not mistaken, he is just asking you a question to see why you wanted a separate thread (since you had asked the mods not to merge this with the other one.)

: On last count I got about 7.5 KM/L on the track and 15 on the highway. Not bad eh?
Old 8th October 2007, 15:13   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

OHC's, Swifts, Lancers, Cedias....and even a Getz. How come no Skoda RS'? It runs, brakes and handles like no other. Shouldnt we logically see more of them on the track?
Old 8th October 2007, 15:21   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
@renamo: I don't think MCL had taken offense to your post pal, if I am not mistaken, he is just asking you a question to see why you wanted a separate thread (since you had asked the mods not to merge this with the other one.)
Exactly what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renamo
even though its a fun track day, nobody will take a spiced up car to track "just to" drive around.
Trust me, there are not many from TBHP who drive to the limits of their cars (uptil this track day where I hear they were quite a lot doing that). I can count the number of them who do off my fingers. v1p3r is one but he doesn't drive to be quick but he drives to drift around . Memo is another guy who is quick around track. Sideways, bikersg are quick but they also almost living at the track. Thats about it. The rest just have some good fun, staying well withing their limits.

So when are you joining us to a track day?

Rush, not many people come forward to these events. And most RS's in Bangalore are owned by uncles in the mid 30's. Those youngsters who do prefer only drags. Quite a sad state.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th October 2007 at 15:22.
Old 8th October 2007, 15:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gto
OHC's, Swifts, Lancers, Cedias....and even a Getz. How come no Skoda RS'? It runs, brakes and handles like no other. Shouldnt we logically see more of them on the track?
The ones who own RS' almost never take them on the track.
Anyways, which southie BHPian's got an RS?
I know of only PJ. Who else has got one?
Old 8th October 2007, 17:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
Umm, not entirely stock. K&N filter + automech 4x2x1 headers/FFE. Headers kick in at low rpm of 2k. Wonder, if I should be worried, if butt-o-meter of people who drove the car didn't register any inflections
Sorry, I meant stock as in still running the original engine and no turbo/supercharger. My bad!
Old 8th October 2007, 18:58   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry, I meant stock as in still running the original engine and no turbo/supercharger. My bad!
Gosh . And I thought wolf was the only one who called his car stock . Akshay, setting some new definitions for stock are we?
Old 9th October 2007, 00:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gosh . And I thought wolf was the only one who called his car stock . Akshay, setting some new definitions for stock are we?
You're the one who's bringing his car back to stock with a fully done head, race headers and intake, so you should know.

Too much hanging around all you modded car folk, that's the problem.
Old 9th October 2007, 00:23   #15
BANNED

Quote:
You're the one who's bringing his car back to stock with a fully done head, race headers and intake, so you should know.

Too much hanging around all you modded car folk, that's the problem.
Head, intake, exhaust all going back to stock as well. Just waiting for a friend to drive down from Bombay and exchange stuff with him.

I know, you should try harder at not hanging out with modded car folk so often. Its not that hard you know .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks