Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 19:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Go Karting in Bangalore?

Reviving an old thread! Is Grips still the place to go?

Akshay
Old 27th November 2011, 15:00   #17
BHPian

I had been to GRIPS a month back and to TORQ-03 yesterday. Did 18 laps each at both places on different karts every 6 laps. I liked the present track layout at Torq-03. GRIPS is good with the elevation changes but thats it. Karts at GRIPS were hard to steer compared to the ones at TORQ-03. Rates for Raptor 6Hp kart are Rs150 and Rs175 at GRIPS and TORQ respectively.

Also some Red Bull qualifier is being held at TORQ right now.
Old 20th December 2011, 16:45   #18
BHPian

The last time I went go-karting was in the year 2006 at Patel's. Where's the best place to go go-karting these days in Bangalore? I've heard good and bad things about GRIPS, E-ZONE..

Suggestions please?
Old 20th December 2011, 18:01   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Well I haven't karted in two years. I used to like the palace ground track and karts. I tried Grips and the track was so bumpy i couldn't see clearly with the vibrations. But this was over two years ago. Is it better now?
True, the track at palace grounds was brilliant wonder why they closed it though. The only other place i've gone regularly since is Patel's inn- It's not such an exciting track, but sadly no choice...can't travel all the way to mysore road in all that terrible traffic just to go carting
Old 25th December 2011, 10:31   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
True, the track at palace grounds was brilliant wonder why they closed it though. The only other place i've gone regularly since is Patel's inn- It's not such an exciting track, but sadly no choice...can't travel all the way to mysore road in all that terrible traffic just to go carting
Patel's INN? Is that still functional now? I thought they decommissioned that one. I made a trip to GRIPS yesterday with a couple of guy buddies. The intent was clear - to burn out the tarmac. Obviously, safely !

All was well until the owner's son who's about 12 yrs old started ripping the place apart with the 12BHP and the 20BHP karts. There were some spin-offs and rubbing rubber against rubber incidents. But hey! This is KARTING and we are not PROs. That means... we are prone to ERROR. All we can do is anticipate and avoid as best possible. At least, the spin-offs can be excused cos they don't damage the kart in any way.

NOW, my friend and I do a couple of spirited laps and he spun-off at one of the corners. Owing to the spirit, he spun off at the next sharp turn too. But, never was there an impact against another KART or the corner tyre borders. After the 6 laps got over, these guys in the PIT start lecturing my friend saying, "NEXT time, he won't be given a 12 BHP kart, but only a 6.5BHP kart!"

This INFURIATED me. I jumped in, and the old man starts yapping about, slowing down at corners and LEFT-means-BRAKE; RIGHT-means-acclerator. HECK ! Like we didn't know that. I was wondering what happened all of a sudden that he started reacting this way. I turn around and find the owner himself strolling around the pits. And all this DRAMA by the PIT boys was to impress him. A total mood off, but WE sipped up some REDBULL and once again went for the KILL ! This time, with a difference - DEAF ears to all the advice and warnings. Look out only for the board LAST LAP. And nothing else. And it worked.

Sometimes, IGNORANCE is the best way to deal with idiots!

The KARTS were good. The tracks are good too. There's a snack counter at GRIPS. But, one's gotta deal with the jerks there. They do not accept CARDS. Only CASH.

Just wanted to know whether there are better karting tracks in Bangalore?
Old 25th December 2011, 11:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Yup. Patel's inn is a boring track. No elevation changes and boring identical corners. The only thing they do good is give lap times. The grips people don't give you that data.

And regarding the travel to grips and the traffic, which part of Bangalore do you stay ? You can take the NICE road right ? Had gone to grips recently. Its right after the exit at the NICE road. Did not see too much traffic.
Only grouse. You don't get 2 way tickets for NICE road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
Patel's INN? Is that still functional now? I thought they decommissioned that one. I made a trip to GRIPS yesterday with a couple of guy buddies. The intent was clear - to burn out the tarmac. Obviously, safely !

All was well until the owner's son who's about 12 yrs old started ripping the place apart with the 12BHP and the 20BHP karts. There were some spin-offs and rubbing rubber against rubber incidents. But hey! This is KARTING and we are not PROs. That means... we are prone to ERROR. All we can do is anticipate and avoid as best possible. At least, the spin-offs can be excused cos they don't damage the kart in any way.

NOW, my friend and I do a couple of spirited laps and he spun-off at one of the corners. Owing to the spirit, he spun off at the next sharp turn too. But, never was there an impact against another KART or the corner tyre borders. After the 6 laps got over, these guys in the PIT start lecturing my friend saying, "NEXT time, he won't be given a 12 BHP kart, but only a 6.5BHP kart!"

This INFURIATED me. I jumped in, and the old man starts yapping about, slowing down at corners and LEFT-means-BRAKE; RIGHT-means-acclerator. HECK ! Like we didn't know that. I was wondering what happened all of a sudden that he started reacting this way. I turn around and find the owner himself strolling around the pits. And all this DRAMA by the PIT boys was to impress him. A total mood off, but WE sipped up some REDBULL and once again went for the KILL ! This time, with a difference - DEAF ears to all the advice and warnings. Look out only for the board LAST LAP. And nothing else. And it worked.

The KARTS were good. The tracks are good too. There's a snack counter at GRIPS. But, one's gotta deal with the jerks there. They do not accept CARDS. Only CASH.

Yup. Find it weird that they don't take card payment. Forget the snack counter, they don't accept cards for go karting too!

I used the 12BHP thing. Was really good. Had driven only the 6.5BHP ones before. This felt so much better.

Regarding the other go kart tracks, I had gone to one on Kanakpura road. 3 years ago though. Don't know if its still functional. Its like a resort kinda place, you need to take a deviation from Kanakpura road and go around 2 km inside and you get this. Brilliant track. I would rate it better than the Grips one just coz it had more elevation changes and fast corners. Its cheaper too. Will ask my friend for the name and update here if he remembers it.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2011, 12:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:

when one bangs into another kart there might be damage to the karts which is obvious, so the owners will surely be worried

Just because they dont take cards, one cannot call them jerks.

P.S I have been a regular there and never ever has some one mis-behaved with us. sorry but "what you give is what you get "
Old 26th December 2011, 15:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
when one bangs into another kart there might be damage to the karts which is obvious, so the owners will surely be worried

Just because they dont take cards, one cannot call them jerks.

P.S I have been a regular there and never ever has some one mis-behaved with us. sorry but "what you give is what you get "
Totally agree with what you say, Raj. I liked the quote, "what you give is what you get". Absolutely and why shouldn't her?

I've go-karted on tracks abroad and they too do not quite appreciate the idea of one kart banging into another. It costs money.

The difference here is that the pitguy had a problem with the drifting that was being done. When drifts are controlled, they look good. But when drifts go wild, the karts spin (which IMHO is OK! That's why enthusiasts travel all they way upto a track. Otherwise, I'd be better off driving sober along the road with my car).

Moreover, I wasn't referring to them as 'jerks' because they do not accept CARDS. BUT BECAUSE, their behavious on that day didn't go down too well with me.

All said and done, it's the BEST track there is in Bangalore of whatever there is available now. But, next time, they are only going to get a DEAF EAR to talk to.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree with what you say, Raj. I liked the quote, "what you give is what you get". Absolutely and why shouldn't her?

All said and done, it's the BEST track there is in Bangalore of whatever there is available now. But, next time, they are only going to get a DEAF EAR to talk to.

Meanwhile, were you there on Saturday or Sunday cause i was there with family and friends on Saturday,
next time do update on this thread so that we can meet up for karting
Old 26th December 2011, 16:10   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Meanwhile, were you there on Saturday or Sunday cause i was there with family and friends on Saturday,
next time do update on this thread so that we can meet up for karting
Sunday. Around 11. Next time is going to be soon enough.. So, will keep you posted for sure.. :-)
Old 26th December 2011, 23:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Sunday. Around 11. Next time is going to be soon enough.. So, will keep you posted for sure.. :-)
I would like to join too. Just to learn from u guys.
btw did you folks try TORQ-03 near Marathahalli? I go there sometimes. I kinda liked the present layout though no elevation changes.
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

Will be in Bangalore for a couple of days next week.. looking forward to some go karting..
TORQ-03 still the best place?
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Will be in Bangalore for a couple of days next week.. looking forward to some go karting..
TORQ-03 still the best place?
Sometimes its closed, so its best to inquire before you go.

I have attached copy of their visiting card as FYI.
Attached Thumbnails
Go Karting in Bangalore?-img_20130602_124735.jpg  

devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2013, 13:50   #29
BHPian

Try grips it's really a nice track and is on Mysore road
Old 2nd June 2013, 19:18   #30
BHPian

Are there no other good tracks in Bangalore except Grips? Mysore Road is a pain to drive on.

How is the E-Zone track layout now? I haven't been there in three years and the karts were pretty crappy back then.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks