Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2007, 03:19   #1

Speed Run Mumbai - 1st & 2nd March 2008.

hey guys
any info on the next speed run in mumbai???

i have heard tentative dates that it is on 15th and 16th of december....

is it true???

anyone from autocar here???
Old 14th October 2007, 16:18   #2
BHPian

i got the same news,,a friend told me that auto car sent him an INVITATION that the race is on 15th n 16th dec,,so to confirm the same i called auto car n spoke to eshwar he said no speed run till 1st week of jan,i have scrapped ROYSTON, i am still waiting for his reply,
Old 18th October 2007, 00:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelieboy View Post
i got the same news,,a friend told me that auto car sent him an INVITATION that the race is on 15th n 16th dec,,so to confirm the same i called auto car n spoke to eshwar he said no speed run till 1st week of jan,i have scrapped ROYSTON, i am still waiting for his reply,

i am going to the autocar office this week..will see if i can ask some of the heads about the dates....
Old 26th October 2007, 10:59   #4
BHPian

royston scrapped me,he said its somewhere in FEB and for sure its not in DEC,
some one also told me that there Drag race in hyd on 4th nov,

(anyone from HYD)
Old 26th October 2007, 11:02   #5
Team-BHP Support

Nothing before Feb 2008.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:11   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Nothing before Feb 2008.
What are you saying!!! Everyone everywhere is preparing for December. Everyone is charged up. C'mon, we need it in december.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:16   #7
Team-BHP Support

That was their original plan, But issues with the venue have put an end to it. So nothing this year.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:19   #8
BHPian

Just spoke to a friend of mine. Seems like Cidco is creating a lot of problems to give the venue in december. Now, if only I could use those forbidden words here for those *^^%$$&^*& &^*&^%&^ Cidco.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:52   #9
BHPian

Doesn't matter if its in Dec or Jan or Feb as long as it happens by Feb at least. Let it happen. We have learnt to be pretty patient now waiting for 2.2 VTT, Optra Magnum, Hyundai PA, now waiting - also for Scorpio Eagle, Chevvy Captiva. CIDCO may have its own issues now as the Kharghar roads are much busier compared to earlier years and the road towards Tata Hospital Research Centre ( where we had speed run tracks) may be busy with vehicles with construction works and to close traffic for two days may be a bit tough decision but I am sure BPCL , Autocar and thousands of fans and freaks will make things workout somehow!!
Old 26th October 2007, 13:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

I am given to understand that cidco is not interested in giving the khargar place for the speed run. they also have issues with the local khargar residents who are objecting.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Come to think of it No one will like to have something like this near their residential area..

I believe its high time we should get a dedicated non residential place for such events, I know this is easier said than done but I dont see any alternative to it.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
I am given to understand that cidco is not interested in giving the khargar place for the speed run. they also have issues with the local khargar residents who are objecting.

This is happening because of all those wannabe racers who kept on racing and showing stunts on the roads around the venue but didn't have the b#*@s to enter.
Old 26th October 2007, 13:53   #13
BHPian

@techno - well said ! No one would want something of this sorts ( not the SpeedRun, but nuisance created by outside stunters and crowd ) to happen very close by their house.

We do need to have a dedicated track for such events.
For the time bieng, just a suggestion : can the amby valley air-strip be made available for 2 days ?? This will help in keeping away the event-crappers to some extent.
Old 26th October 2007, 14:06   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
For the time bieng, just a suggestion : can the amby valley air-strip be made available for 2 days ?? This will help in keeping away the event-crappers to some extent.
Hey,

Who will come to watch all the way at Amby Valley even if it were made available. Also would be too much for the participants to go to and fro for 2 days + the risk of some lunatic smashing their car/bike going or leaving the venue.

Viper
Old 26th October 2007, 14:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
@techno - well said ! No one would want something of this sorts ( not the SpeedRun, but nuisance created by outside stunters and crowd ) to happen very close by their house.

We do need to have a dedicated track for such events.
This is a fantastic idea and suggestion!! Please impress upon the organisers. Robin are you around?? For that matter even the juhu airport is Good, if BPCL can wriggle a contract with AAI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks