Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 08:08   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

A bit off topic but how happy are you with the Hot Bits as I have just got the DT series for my Vtec and plan on installing the same tomorrow.

Viper
It's day and night better than the stock Vtec set up. Substantial improvement in handling and a nice "european feel" ride on the streets....not to mention pretty cool looking. By the way where did you pick it up from? Hope you also enjoy it
Old 1st November 2007, 09:40   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsfear View Post
It's day and night better than the stock Vtec set up. Substantial improvement in handling and a nice "european feel" ride on the streets....not to mention pretty cool looking. By the way where did you pick it up from? Hope you also enjoy it
Hi,

Picked them up from Malaysia. Am currently using Pedders Springs with locally stiffened shocks which are performing beautifully. Hope these perform better.

Viper
Old 1st November 2007, 10:54   #78
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
With all due respect, I don't see how tough it is to make a single STD call for Rs 2 to reserve a couple or 4 rooms at some hotel. It doesn't cost much, and it saves you the headache of having to bathe at some dirty petrol pump at the crack of dawn.
If you're referring to me making that call of Rs.2 then dude if you remember i called you as soon as we left to find out as to where WE would be staying for which you said you'll be staying at Harrie's and for me and Anush you said we'll see once we get there.

Last time you had arranged for Accomo so thought this time too its been arranged by the organiser... Hence didnt bother much about that and only once we left is when i found out that it was'nt arranged.

Also once we reached CBE, i thought of searching for Accomo for which you said no place was available and also since i didnt have my own ride i couldnt go to the place where Anush was staying either and had to stick with the herd.
Old 1st November 2007, 12:01   #79
BHPian

Jay, i could have accompanied you if were searching for a room.. I was completely under impression that some arrangements have been made and i didnt know Akshay was already in CBE, we could have asked him to book a room for us. ofcourse i would have paid for my accomodation! Well no cribbing about it, learnt a lesson and in future i know what needs to be done.. Organising a track day event is not a small job and when ther is participation from other cities it becomes even more difficult. This is where co-operation from locals would be helpful. In future i see lot more people taking up track days more seriosuly and problem is going to grow many folds. I feel we need to seriously think about how to organise track days in terms of food, water, refreshments, accomodation, even jacks at the pit to hoist cars to change tyres, tweak suspension etc. I see there were hoses at the pits but no air. I really felt i needed some air to fillup after doing a couple of laps no ways i couldnt have gone out to fill air. These are the small things which can make a pleasurable track day. One more thing is there should be more transperency in costs involved. In future it makes sense to collect money in advnace (there can be representatives in each town) and these days online transaction is so easy. calculate the total cost of the event and split it among participants..
ex: Track fees - RS.X (Rs.A for track, Rs.B for facilities like marshalls, ambulance, air compressors, car jacks etc, Rs.C for miscelleneous)
accomodation -Rs.Y
Food,refreshments-Rs.Z
split it among participants from out stations and locals accordingly.. I dont think its hard just needs co-ordination.
Old 1st November 2007, 12:04   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Picked them up from Malaysia. Am currently using Pedders Springs with locally stiffened shocks which are performing beautifully. Hope these perform better.

Viper
Any idea where i can buy hotbits in india/Bangalore...What modifications need to be done to fit on an ikon?Which would be better Koni or hot bits?
Old 1st November 2007, 12:12   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Any idea where i can buy hotbits in india/Bangalore...What modifications need to be done to fit on an ikon?Which would be better Koni or hot bits?
Hi,

Here are the details for their distributor in India from their website. I doubt these are available for the Ikon. As far as which is better can't comment as have not tried out either on my car till now. Am fitting the Hot Bits today though.

India
Autozone
22, Krishnasamy Mudaliar Road,
R.S. Puram,
Coimbatore
641 002 India.
Tel: +91 0422-2553662
Tel: +91 0422-2457633

Viper
Old 1st November 2007, 12:25   #82
BHPian

thanks Viper. Do keep us posted on how the hotbits perform on your Vtec.
From what i felt when i sat in Gopi's car on track was it was pretty stiff and roll was minimal at tight corners..
Old 1st November 2007, 12:26   #83

Videos.. comin up,

Hi,

This is my first post on team-bhp. I had a blast at the track with all the guys. Thanks specially to Rajeev and Mclaren for taking us (me and karthik) along with them.

Here are some videos we took at the track:

: The Swift following the MIVEC around the curves.

: McLaren and v1p3r dragging with the swifts. McLaren is in the Red Swift and v1p3r in the blue one.

: v1p3r in the MIVEC. I guess he went over the kerbs too fast and ended up with a front left tire. Seems strange to me considering the fronts were YH Advan Neovas. And from what I heard, even the Enkei alloy on the MIVEC was damaged. Dunno for sure.
Old 1st November 2007, 14:30   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Shriram, I understand the question of expense. But I believe certain members here were promised marshals and an ambulance, which is why I brought it up.
Akshay, I mentioned that the ambulances and marshals would be for the bikers safety. Besides the point, are you willing to pay another 1k extra? Last I saw, I had to shell out 2.5k out of my own pocket to cover up for the track costs.

Quote:
Jay, as you know, last time we managed to make reservations and get some good shut-eye. This time, I made sure I got a place to stay, and so did those travelling with me (Anush and Suhas). With all due respect, I don't see how tough it is to make a single STD call for Rs 2 to reserve a couple or 4 rooms at some hotel. It doesn't cost much, and it saves you the headache of having to bathe at some dirty petrol pump at the crack of dawn.
Did I make any promises that acco would be arranged to anyone? I even went upto the extent of spending that 2 Rs called up Harrie before we left Bangalore and told him we need rooms. To which reply came "There are no rooms available". So kindly check your facts before you post. I to the best of my ability came up with a plan to spend the night after I heard from Harrie & you (from Jay) that there were no rooms available anywhere. Also, I do not remember telling anyone not to go in search for rooms. Those who wanted to, could have rather than nit-picking here.

Quote:
Please note, I am not pointing fingers. I wish the organisation to improve, merely so that the concept and the sport move forward.
Sorry to point out, but your intentions seem to be totally different to what you have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
I was completely under impression that some arrangements have been made and i didnt know Akshay was already in CBE, we could have asked him to book a room for us.
Seriously, I don't remember any such thing mentioned verbally or on the forum. Goes to show that one should not assume. Where were these doubts when I posted on the forum saying that "any doubts kindly call me on my cell and clarify them"?

Quote:
I dont think its hard just needs co-ordination.
Its not. But what it needs is for all the people who confirm to make it a point to come and not back out at the last minute. Or make advance payments. The day we have numbers like 40+ taking part, all payments can be done at the track itself like MMST. Till we have such huge numbers, there is only one way to do it.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 1st November 2007 at 14:32.
Old 1st November 2007, 19:54   #85
BHPian

Coimbatore seems to be running all of its decent hotels at 100% occupancy for quite some time now. If any of yo guys want accomodation you'll have ot let us know atleast a week in advance. Or its going to be very difficult.

Of course we can manage some in the hotels opposite railway station. But I for one wouldnt trust my car at these parking lots.
Old 1st November 2007, 20:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
Hi,

This is my first post on team-bhp. I had a blast at the track with all the guys. Thanks specially to Rajeev and Mclaren for taking us (me and karthik) along with them.

Here are some videos we took at the track:

YouTube - MIVEC and Swift : The Swift following the MIVEC around the curves.

YouTube - v1p3r vs. mclaren : McLaren and v1p3r dragging with the swifts. McLaren is in the Red Swift and v1p3r in the blue one.

YouTube - v1p3r in MIVEC : v1p3r in the MIVEC. I guess he went over the kerbs too fast and ended up with a front left tire. Seems strange to me considering the fronts were YH Advan Neovas. And from what I heard, even the Enkei alloy on the MIVEC was damaged. Dunno for sure.
You're one talented guy Halley. Many people shoot vids, but very few shoot them at the right moment.

Shan2nu
Old 1st November 2007, 20:47   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halley View Post
Hi,

YouTube - v1p3r in MIVEC : v1p3r in the MIVEC. I guess he went over the kerbs too fast and ended up with a front left tire. Seems strange to me considering the fronts were YH Advan Neovas. And from what I heard, even the Enkei alloy on the MIVEC was damaged. Dunno for sure.
Ya thanks to me. I had underinflated the tires. So the tire got a puncture. The Enkeis held up. But got scratched pretty badly. But we might have lost a "Made in Japan" Advan Neovas
Old 1st November 2007, 20:54   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ya thanks to me. I had underinflated the tires.
What psi were you running them at?

Shan2nu
Old 1st November 2007, 21:25   #89
BHPian

Do you have to ask that????
It was at 29.
Old 1st November 2007, 21:56   #90
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
Ya thanks to me. I had underinflated the tires. So the tire got a puncture. The Enkeis held up. But got scratched pretty badly. But we might have lost a "Made in Japan" Advan Neovas
I know I am blind, and I was not wearing my spectacles either but I think I saw that the golden rim had a crack when it was placed in Chirag's car. Did you by any chance miss out on noticing the crack?

Most Viewed