Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 14:16   #46
Team-BHP Support

The shredding happened on the first track day

Anyway - you got to remember that the silver vtc might be attacking corners at much higher speeds that what I was doing. And also I was going in too hard, (was in RWD mode!)

Current set up has stiffer shocks, slightly compressed springs and srut bars front and rear
Old 30th October 2007, 14:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Anyway - you got to remember that the silver vtc might be attacking corners at much higher speeds that what I was doing. And also I was going in too hard, (was in RWD mode!)

Current set up has stiffer shocks, slightly compressed springs and srut bars front and rear
I will have fellow member whatsfear (Gopi) clarify the boddy roll issues, but from my understanding...

1. The silver VTec could have been attacking corners at much higher speeds. These are two different tracks and the speeds may vary a lot so we cannot really do an objective comparison here.

2. Silver VTec was setup for street use (comfort) and was not changed to the track setup AFAIK.

Not related to Ajmat's story, BTW, anyone getting confused with the tyre shredding... that happened on the NHC with old tyres. We had bought some throwaway tyres for the track and for that, it did provide amazing grip.
Old 30th October 2007, 14:41   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
I will have fellow member whatsfear (Gopi) clarify the boddy roll issues, but from my understanding...

1. The silver VTec could have been attacking corners at much higher speeds. These are two different tracks and the speeds may vary a lot so we cannot really do an objective comparison here.

2. Silver VTec was setup for street use (comfort) and was not changed to the track setup AFAIK.
Well guys, I guess this is why we have track days, so you can improve your knowledge, both of driving and the dynamics of a car.

First of all it is not sensible to compare the attitude of 2 cars on 2 completely different tracks, driven by 2 different drivers!!

Indeed my car is stiffer than the OE spec suspension. It also is much more stable over bumps and speeds over 120 k's. Something the satndard City suspension cannot handle. As regards performance on track, after doing a total of about 40 laps, I have virtually no tyre wear on the shoulders...this is a testament to the car's set up.

As quicksilver said, the car was in street set up, being my daily driver, and with over 10 cavities, I cannot afford to have my teeth rattled

Last edited by aah78 : 30th October 2007 at 21:32. Reason: quote edited
Old 30th October 2007, 15:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This would have contributed to the roll. Anyway, lets leave it at that.

BTW, did the 1/4 drags happen?

Shan2nu
Old 30th October 2007, 16:13   #50
BHPian

Kari track day Report

I have one word for the track day experience.. WOW!! It was a fantastic day on the track not too hot not too cold and thankfully the rain gods too wanted to didn't want to miss the fun and we were showered with a bright sunny day at Kari!! Boy, what action we had, We were really lucky to have been shown the lines earlier in the day by the likes of Gopi, Sanjay and Arjun at the start of the day..before the Miats,B16 Civic, OHC Vtecs, Ikons, Fiestas, NHC, Swifts, Getz, Balenos and esteems blasted the track. It was a fantastic track day and fortunately we didn't have any mishaps! we had lots of screeching rubber and spin-offs though . The ambulance and marshals were not to be seen!! I suppose it was planned to have them on hand but fortunately we didn't need them. Boys were very well behaved and thanks for providing me a memorable day!

Saturday 27th 5.00 PM
I started out from Bangalore by around 4.30Pm on Saturday and picked up Raps on the way and by 5.30 we were on Mysore road heading towards Mysore. Called up Rahul and decided we meet up in front of wonderla. After 10 mins the entire pack assembled and we had 4 roaring beasts heading towards Mysore. Traffic was light and it was a fantastic sight 4 cars tagging along at a brisk pace..Rahul was running-in his car so he was driving modest at around 100-120 kmph.. and I was happy to bring up the rear most times.I was supposed to pick up a friend at Mysore but he was getting so bored he decided to head towards Bangalroe and join me mid way. I picked him up at Maddur and after a quick stop for early dinner at maddur, we headed to chamarajnagar. The road was decent with a few craters here n there..but it was uneventful. Reached Chamarajnagar and Jay hosted us some midnight tea at his parents place and we were on the way to Sathy. Road was beautiful and got better as we entered Tamilnadu. Brraj was scorching the tarmac on his ikon, opening up at any available opportunity and the Red Honda city was not in a mood to give up..and determined to scare away any wild animal, elephants on the road with its very load automech exhaust.. The next eventful phase during our journey was on the Dhimbam ghats..the fog was so heavy it was impossible to see anything in front of the bonnet, we inched our way down the curving roads no fog lamps were useful in that fog.. Rahul was ahead of me and saw him using pencil beam torches to pierce the fog couple of times I could see him going straight at the cliff barriers..Most of the decent was 2nd gear 20kmph or even slow..untill we were offered a lift ( lead us) by a good truck driver.. I guess he was high on some thing cos he never looked in any trouble seeing in that thick fog and was easily maneuvering down the ghats.. soon we caught up with Agentsmith and Brraj and as soon as we descended from the ghats and waving thanks to the truck driver, pace picked up left rahul to continue with his running-in and joined the other two cars in fun. and what fun it was driving tandem through the curves rains didnt matter(it was raining all the way from Sathy to Coimbatore) I had a memorable drive for the next 50 odd kms..roads were silky smooth no hump nor a dip and at 2.00 am not a soul in sight. We kept a steady pace of around 100-120kmph for the next half hour until we reached the outskirts of CBE..It was 3.00AM Sunday by the time reached CBE and we hadn't booked any hotel rooms so we decided to hang around the Residency get much needed early breakfast and coffee. After the hearty sandwiches had a short nap before we headed out to A1 plaza to freshen up.

Sunday 8.30 AM
After filling up on some amazing Pongal, vada and fantastic south indian filter coffee( We thought day should be just fine as we started with some nice coffee) we headed out towards CCD..The air was buzz with deep exhaust notes and some bassy music and it wasn't hard to figure out the place..v1p3r and Aggressive Anush had dropped in from the Krishnagiri route and straight to CCD. V1p3r was even wearing a driving shoe.. Quick hand shakes and a prolonged wait for god knows what?? headed to fill up our cars with Speed 97. Saw this blue swift the first time heavily stickered, 17" rims on the rear and 15" on the front and heavily kitup.. was wondering is it all for show and no go.. only to be proven wrong later on at the track Another wait for God knows why?? and soon we were headed to the track at around 10.00 AM..

Kari speedway around 10.30 AM
We were supposed to be here by 9.00 and we are already late..loosing track time.. After signing up the Rs.100 bond paper Technical checks under the bonnet by our technical expert McLaren1885 was soon at the pits. I was excited wanted to some practice runs before the track got crowded. soon emptied my car of all loose objects, spare tire.. was soon on track..completed a couple of laps but was asked to comeback by our make shift marshal.. to give an intro. we were soon introduced to Gopi, Sanjay, arjun and it was decided the pros would takes us (new comers as called by V1p3r with a certain heady tone) on a few laps on three cars showing us the lines and braking areas. Special thanks to Gopi, Sanjay for taking us out in their cars and showing us the lines.
soon we were all out on the track ..Some pics here..
I was mightily impressed with the pace and lines taken by the blue swift. I am sorry I don't know who it belongs to on the forum but it was damn neat on the corners. I have seen swifts rolling and being drowsy but this one wasn't I was sure the suspension is tuned up but on talking to the driver he said nothings done to the suspension..its stock.. and am not going to suck up on that!!
Rahul was as usual fast on his Baleno but the swift was right on his a** ..The Miveced Lancer was crazy fast in the later part of the day.
The best laps were from mr.VidyaPrakash with his Miata, tuned by himself and driving at such ease..This old timer can put a lot of us younger gen at shame with his impeccable line and speed around the track. the best we timed him was around 1min24 sec. His personal best seems to be 1min19 secs.
Here are some pics of this beauty..

Of course there was the OHC Vtec being blasted by Arjun Balu and the Honda Civic setting up its own pace where we mortals in our indian cars couldnt even scrape the tail..

My impressions and learning's for the day
As for me, had a rocking time at the track took time to understand the lines and soon I was comfy.. I knew the limits of my car and I didn't want to push all out since I had to drive back to Bangalore that day. I knew the ikon was a good handler, but the way my car handled the corners. I was amazed and was all over in love with her again.. she is 6.5 years old and done some 68K kms but she was smooth as butter on the track...The mobil1 synthetic oil did its job too..I was revving her at 6500 RPMS regularly and hit the revvlimiter a few times on 3rd gear. the max i did on the straight was around 125 kmph.I realized much later that I could have gone much faster if I had not tried to ease down at the middle of the straight and up shifting prematurely I could have gained a couple of seconds there itself. Another corner I had trouble was the winding hair pin before the start of the straight..a few times i got it right but most times I lost a lot of time there as a result was not on the max speed on the start-finish stretch. I could have gained 3-4 secs with a proper line there.. another factor working against me in this hair pin was my cars soft suspension and may be the tires as a result I was taking the curves at around 60-70 kmph, with the correct line it should have been possible to do 80-90kmph at the exit of the hair pin and this could have helped me reach 140kmph at the end the start-finish line. As it is it was tricky on the hairpin, I even had to dodge snakes at this stretch . Initially I had trouble at C5 and C6, after observations from Uday and RAPS and talking to pros, I was able to rectify my problems here and fly through these curves.. Over all, I was around 1min.38sec - 1min.39sec mark as timed by my friends RAPS and Uday. I felt I did a few faster laps but it was not timed :(.. Overall I was satisfied and now I know what I have to do to get in to the early 1min30 sec mark. With a racing clutch, stiffer suspension, better tires I could do better. Some people think GIII Potenzas are scrap..but I feel they are good for the buck not so bad either. May be not as good as Neovas.. May be I will try Neovas next time and comment..

McLaren1885 spinning out

The Blue swift in action..

B16 Civic in action

Sunday 4.00PM
After a fantastic day at the track I decided to call it a day and head back to Bangalore as I had to reach home that night and get some sleep in 2 days and get ready for another hectic week in office. I was not interested in the drag so, me along with Brraj decided to try the krishangiri route since it was faster to reach (thats what we heard) and that was a costly mistake..The road was so bad and heavy truck traffic and incessant rains was a nightmare to drive..CBE-Bhavani was almost one lane road with lot of diversions and truck traffic. good roads from bhavani to mettur.From Mettur to Krishnagiri the avg speed was around 40kmph - 50kmph.After a few change of hands between me and RAPS, we were back in Bangalore by 12.00.
After 24 hours of constant fast driving, my ikon is still smooth as silk and still urges to be pushed on the corners..waiting for the next track day!! and do it all over again..
Old 30th October 2007, 17:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

shaz brilliant report supported by some splendid work with the camera. I love your panning shot , especially the 2nd pic of the swift.

Good job my man. Made for a nice read too.
Old 30th October 2007, 17:31   #52
BHPian

Thanks Riju..I couldnt spend much time with the camera as i was busy tackling the lines.. there are some corners where i could have filmed some nice shots..
Old 30th October 2007, 20:22   #53
Jay
BHPian

Saturday Pre-Departure

Had planned to hitch a ride with Anush this time and had told him of the same. I reach office at 11am and mark my attendance and almost immediately get a call from Anush asking me if i was ready as he wanted to come to pick me up to leave to CBE. Told him that i just reached office and had marked my attendance to which he says mark yourself absent and leave office . I figure out that V1p3r was the culprit who had told Anush we'll leave by 12 noon as he wanted to reach CBE soon as he had some work there ( I Know what that work is !!! ). Call v1p3r and tell him we'll leave later as 12 is too early for which he decides to Ditch me and asks me to go with Chirag ( Agent Smith ) who would be driving alone...

Call up Chirag and let him know that i would be riding with him. Call Anush at 1:30pm to find out where he is and find out that he's still waiting for Akshay ( lol ). leave office early and by 3 am ready and waiting for Rahul and the others to come home as we had decided to leave together from there.

Departure

We leave my house at 4:30pm and head to Grips to meet up with Rajeev ( brraj ), on the way i call anush to find out how far he has reached and he says he's at Electronic city as he had left just sometime back ( so much for the leaving early plan !!!).

We get stuck in a traffic jam as some VIP's were travelling in that route. Takes us one and half hour to reach Grips. Then we head to Wonder La as Shazikon was waiting for us there. Head together from there and reach Maddur to have some food as Stumpy had to feed his never ending Pit like Stomach.

Leave from there after eating Idlis and Dosas and a little later Chirag asks me to take over for which i oblige and we reach Mysore, decide to go through Mysore instead of taking the ring road and once inside Myore i get a call from Rahul asking me to puul over and wait for him as he has lost his way. He meets us after 15 mins and we continue our journey. Reach Chamarajnagar and stop at my Parents place, we have Tea and continue our journey towards CBE.

Reach CBE with no accomodation being arranged, call Akshay and find out no rooms available anywhere so we head to Residency to have some food and use their facilities ( LOO !!! )... Thanks to the wonderful organising done by Stumpy. we sleep in the cars for sometime and head to Reliance A1 plaza to get freshned up.

Sunday

Take bath and get ready and leave to CCD where we meet the rest of the guys waiting for the others to arrive.

after waiting for sometime we head to the track, once at the track, we finish with the paper work and head to the pits where we get briefed by the Pros present there... Akshay says he'll take me for a spin to show me the lines and sets off to set some lap times instead of showing me the correct lines and the breaking points...

Some pics that i took at the track...

Mr. B.VijayKumar's Car

The weather was very nice, went for a few laps with Rahul in his car. Though he is Small and Very Fat, he's a good driver on the track. Went out with akshay in Harrie's Mivec for a few laps, that car is quick and surprisingly Akshay didnt spin out this time.

Took some pics and vids with akshay's cam and decided its time for me to drive. Anush asked me to take his car out before which he asked me to go out out for a few laps riding shotgun in his car with his friend Suhas... this was the first time Suhas would be driving on the track and boy that was a scary experience. After that i drove Anush's car ( Stock Carb esteem with Stock tyres ), was absolute fun. I would rate that car one of the best based on Fun Factor... One of the slowest car on the track if not the slowest. Had a lovely time in that car almost losing the rear at every corner, almost spun out once but somehow gained control and continued my adventure in that car.

Went into the pits after a few laps and rahul decided to take the car out for a few laps and asked me to ride shotgun with him, few laps down Rahul was bragging about his record of not spinning out on the track till the inevitable happened and he did a 180... I was LMAO while he was disappointed that it happened at that moment.

Got back to the pits and saw Akshay taking the Mivec on to the track to set some lap times and on one of the laps he did his usual thing a 180 deg Spin.

It was absolute fun watching Arjun drive the Miata. The old gen civic too was fun to watch.

It was 3:15pm and time for us ( Anush and I ) to leave, Kb100 was kind enough to show us the way to Sathy road. The drive back was very nice with minimal traffic and No Rain till we climbed the ghats. saw a herd of Deers crossing the road in front of us just before the climb up Sathy ghats. Took a break at C'nagar for 45mins and another break at Maddur CCD for half hour and reached my house at 12:30am.

Took two pics on the way back. Taken from my N70.

Thanks to Stumpy for taking the initiative for Organising this event ( next time arrange accomodation too ), Thanks to Harrie and Quicksilver ( Sriram ) for their efforts in making this event a success.

Had a wonderful time, good to meet up with other bhpians... looking forward to such events in the future too.

PS: Was sitting idle at my office with not much work to do hence decided to type this report. Never imagined it would be this long especially this being my first report here. My apologies if I bored you. No pics of cars in action as i took pics and vids from v1p3r's cam so he'll have to post them.
Old 30th October 2007, 20:54   #54
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
And I backed out in the Nth moment thinking it would rain a lot . guess I should never believe the Meteorological dept any more...crazy guys they always predict worng .
Henceforth listen to my predictions . I told you it wouldn't rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Actually, I did get about 3 1:28s with Harrie sitting next to me, timing me. But I was aiming for 5 consecutive laps at 1:28. I think the rear tyres could have been a bit better.
I don't think its quite possible to get in 5 consecutive laps at that pace. Your tires more than anything else will show tremendous loss in grip levels.

Quote:
I was smiling to myself when I read this. Sure enough, we started only around 11 am.
Well let me recollect! I think it was you who came quite late to CCD, and yet to pick up Anush. You decided to drop by Mohit's house and then got lost loosing us another good 15 mins or so. All in all I think you alone cost us about 45 mins of track time. Next time I am sure this will not be repeated. Since I hardly knew any of the CBE boys I had to drop by to CCD and waste a good 1hr there. From next time onwards meet will be scheduled ON TRACK itself. And I sincerely apologize to everyone for this, will see to it that it wont be repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I had the pleasure of riding shotgun on this ohc. Boy the suspension is sure doing its work. Gopi uncle was sure pushing the car into a lot of sideways action and despite this there was hardly any sign of wear on tires. Which shows that the setup is working quite well. I think the body roll was due to the excessive speed into corner than intended. The hot bits suspension is a must recommended for all OHC owners.

As for my experience, I learnt a lot on how it could be organized better. Some mistakes were made as this was my first time organizing this event.
Learnt a lot from them, will make sure things are better the next time.

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone who came to track and took part/watched etc. Specially Sanjay, Gopi, Arjun, Vidya uncle et all. It was very pleasing to see them take some time to teach us all some basic track rules. Sadly not many utilized their experience.

Coming to on track events, it was fabulous to see so many cars on track having a good time. I was particularly impressed by the kid in the blue swift. During the later half of the day I sat shotgun with him. I pointed out to him some mistakes he was making on track and helped him fine tune his line in some corners by driving his own car and showing him the correct way to take the corner & he soon was putting it into practice and doing good at that. This kid is a very quick learner & I hope to interact with him more and see him take part actively in such events in the future too.

I was impressed with Sriram's driving. Boy o boy after the swift guy I think it was Sriram who was going all out on track. Chirag drove well too, well within his limitations and was clocking around the 1:40 mark. I watched very little of Shaz to comment on. Sorry Shaz.

As for my escapades on track, I just did 20 laps on the whole in my baleno. Car was being run-in so was shifting at 4,000 for 18 of those 20 laps. The busted front suspension oil seals was a big let down for me. But I decided to give it a go for 2 laps shifting in between 5,500-6,000 rpm on two laps. I was surprised to see my car clock a 1:29.4 with a car that was not only being run-in but also had a busted front suspension & a clutch that was slipping past 5500 revs. I think the ECU did a fantastic job to my car. A detailed report on it will come shortly once I complete my running in and clock some miles on it. When I heard that v1p3r managed a best of 1:28.3 on the Mivec I was quite satisfied with the way my car was moving.

Then it was time to drive the best car on track. Yes, the grossly underpowered, running bald tires, poor suspension and god knows what else. Anush's esteem was the most FTD car I have driven on track till date and I managed from what I can recollect my first spin on track (but Anush thinks I may be wrong). I set upon myself to clock some seriously quick laps on this car and managed to stick onto a swifts tail right throughout the inner section for two laps.

We then had a couple of drags. First went in the two swifts and the red swift won it. Then the next drag was between Mohit's stage 2 getz and another stock getz IIRC. The stock getz won by quite a margin. The third event was between yours truely and v1p3r on the two swifts that had taken part in the race earlier. While v1p3r choose to drive the blue swift which appeared to be quicker of the two I had to take the red one. I got quickly off the blocks and managed to win the drag by a car length .

All in all the event was a huge success. With many more promising things to come in the near future. Next event due to popular demand by the CBE boys could be as early as next month end. I am expecting a lot more members from this forum to take part. Next time there will be 4 arrows go-karts & 4 Fissme's available for rent as well for those who don't want to drive their own cars on track.

I had a mixed weekend. Was damn impressed with the way my car moved on track and on highway. Was pleased with my driving too, which I thought would be out of sync since I had not driven a car for close to two months. I was satisfied with the 1:29.4, followed by what I was told was the quickest lap on Anush's esteem compared to the Anush, Jay & Akshay. And the fun drag that I had. But things were not to end on a happy note.

Had a horrid time driving back home with a partial driveshaft & brake failure, lost my cell phone & met with an accident at Silk Board Jn flyover when a truck hit the rear end of my car when I was stationary at the signal. Damaged isn't too bad, just a small dent. Was lucky to reach Bangalore as I was expecting the drive shaft to give up anytime and be stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Cant wait to host the next event & see plenty more of action on track. That was the best part of this weekend, the action packed track day. Thanks once again for all those who came.
Old 30th October 2007, 23:02   #55
BANNED

Nice pics quicksilver.

But I didn't get one thing. This looks like i-DSI NHC (pre-ZX) and why would anybody get it on a race track . You say it did well, was it modded? Then wonder what NHC VTEC would have done. One more odd thing, I didn't see any Cedia pics. Isn't it the perfect car for the track day ?
Quote:
9. The NHC did surprisingly well...

15. The Mivec hunting down the NHC

Old 31st October 2007, 00:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I don't think its quite possible to get in 5 consecutive laps at that pace. Your tires more than anything else will show tremendous loss in grip levels.
It is very much possible. I did 3 laps at that. 2 laps were about 1 second slower since I was stuck in traffic. I also did one lap faster than 1:28, but one lap doesn't count. All this with Harrie sitting with me, and his pseudo-RWD fighting with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Well let me recollect! I think it was you who came quite late to CCD, and yet to pick up Anush. You decided to drop by Mohit's house and then got lost loosing us another good 15 mins or so. All in all I think you alone cost us about 45 mins of track time.
First off, you are the organiser. I could have found my way to track with Harrie/Mohit, so there was no reason for you to hold up everyone and make them wait. Second, 45 min is only half of 1.5 hours, which is what you get (11 am -9.30 pm). Anyway, apology accepted. Next time hopefully it will be better.

Quote:
I was surprised to see my car clock a 1:29.4 with a car that was not only being run-in but also had a busted front suspension & a clutch that was slipping past 5500 revs. I think the ECU did a fantastic job to my car.
Great to see you clocking such a good time. You are a fantastic driver. Was Jay timing you? Also, I had no idea you were running an aftermarket ECU. I thought you had just got the limiter removed, as you had told me. Do the cam, headwork and headers make much of a difference to your power levels?

Quote:
Then the next drag was between Mohit's stage 2 getz and another stock getz IIRC. The stock getz won by quite a margin. The third event was between yours truely and v1p3r on the two swifts that had taken part in the race earlier. While v1p3r choose to drive the blue swift which appeared to be quicker of the two I had to take the red one. I got quickly off the blocks and managed to win the drag by a car length.
Very interesting. What makes you think the car without much of a clutch was quicker? Do we have any pics of the drag?

I would suggest next time you stick to your promise of ambulance and marshals. We were lucky to have avoided atleast three high-speed crashes, because the people manning the pit exit were untrained security guards in chappals. Luckily Arjun Balu has a lot of experience, or we would have witnessed a couple of cars crash into that poor Miata at about 100 kmph. From experience, I have learnt that drivers cannot be organisers, and vice-versa.

Also, it would be great if next time, the organisers made provisions for stay and food for out-of-towners. It was possible last time, so I'm sure it will be possible again.

Thanks for the great weekend. Hope to do it soon.

@Shaz, that's Mr Gopi's Miata. Mr Vidyaprakash's Miata is the convertible.
Old 31st October 2007, 00:30   #57

Thanks for the great weekend. Hope to do it soon.

@Shaz, that's Mr Gopi's Miata. Mr Vidyaprakash's Miata is the convertible.[/quote]

Thanks for the correction, actually both are convertible's with removable hard tops.

Just wanted to say to all who were there that I hope you had a ball and also maybe learned a few tips on performance driving. I definitely had fun and certainly look forward to the next track day, with possibly a little more participation
Old 31st October 2007, 02:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few of the tips seemed so simple but prooved very helpfull later on. Things like the right seating position, heal and toe, early turn vs. late turn, not crossing my hands on the steering wheel etc. I could have shaved off atleast 2 secs after following these and my personal best on the track was 1:29 (yea, thats true.... with an indicated top speed of 145KM/H on the straights). More than the speeds, I was able to learn how to do a clean lap.
Saar, please share this with us! I did observe Arjun driving, and the smoothness with which the professionals drive makes us occasionals look like we're break-dancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
But the setup looks a bit too soft for track use don't you think? Was this the same Vtec tha did 1:29? Pretty good timing with those suspension.

Another thing thats been bogling me is that during the recently held Indian touring car race at Kari, some of the cars were lapping in the region of 1:12. This was on a 2.1 km course. Is the course used for track day bigger than this....coz i don't understand the 16sec diff between lap times.
The best time was 1:15.582, in a Fiesta that puts out atleast 170 bhp, with race suspension and tyres, driven by an ex-rally champion. Also, the bus-stop deviation adds atleast 3 seconds to the lap time. So assuming we did 1:25, covering the full straight, we're 10 seconds behind the best of the best. Not too shabby.

Last edited by v1p3r : 31st October 2007 at 02:21.
Old 31st October 2007, 08:32   #59
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
the quickest lap on Anush's esteem compared to the Anush, Jay & Akshay.
Well i dont know about the other two but i certainly was not looking for lap times as this was the first time i was driving on this track and i didnt know the braking points and First time driving Anush's car too. I certainly didnt push the car as hard as you were pushing as i was hesitant to punish that car too much as it was not my car and also because i wanted the tyres and brakes to last till we reached Bangalore especially since i had to drive back all the way .

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Was Jay timing you? Also, I had no idea you were running an aftermarket ECU. I thought you had just got the limiter removed, as you had told me. Do the cam, headwork and headers make much of a difference to your power levels?
No i was'nt timing him... I too didnt know about the ECU and the rest till recently as he kept telling me that he's getting his car to stock form...
Old 31st October 2007, 09:08   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsfear View Post
Indeed my car is stiffer than the OE spec suspension. It also is much more stable over bumps and speeds over 120 k's. Something the satndard City suspension cannot handle. As regards performance on track, after doing a total of about 40 laps, I have virtually no tyre wear on the shoulders...this is a testament to the car's set up.

As quicksilver said, the car was in street set up, being my daily driver, and with over 10 cavities, I cannot afford to have my teeth rattled
Hi,

A bit off topic but how happy are you with the Hot Bits as I have just got the DT series for my Vtec and plan on installing the same tomorrow.

Viper

Most Viewed