Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2004, 20:08   #1
BHPian

Rally

Hello all,

I wish to know something about rallys here. Im not so interested in F1 and such stuff. But I am quite facinated by off road driving. I wish to know the rallys in india which are open to all. I mean any car enthusiast can take part in it. And are there any courses in India specially for rally driving?

Is Mahindra Great Escape open for all?

Thank you.

Regards,
AJO.
Old 17th December 2004, 21:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yup, Mahindra rally is open for anyone who has a Mahindra. Even in the INRC, you can enter as a privateer if you have a car that complies with all the INRC regulations. But ithink you'll have to get the MAI licence before that.

Shan2nu
Old 18th December 2004, 12:12   #3
BHPian

oh thats gr8. but sadly I do not own a mahindra. What r the conditions that have to be fulfulled? and tell me something about MAI licence?
Old 19th December 2004, 12:48   #4
BHPian

you should fulfil the conditions of MAI rules .... simply meaning you should be above 18 years holding a valid Driving License ... then you apply for rally license with MAI ...
MAI gives you a rally Driver / Co Driver license valid for one year ....
You can start off your rallying Career in Rally Star Cup ... that is Carb Esteems with Stock fittings except for your Rally srtup of Rollover, tyres Or you can enter in Gypsy class .... you can hire a car per event ....
Old 26th December 2004, 21:13   #5
BHPian

gr8. can anyone give me the address of MAI or their webpage and also, of star cup etc etc.
Old 26th December 2004, 23:11   #6
bhp
BHPian

i had once enquired with mai in mumbai . u can enter an rally as an privatier . the cost for an modification of roll cage bar and stuf would be appox 2.5- 3 lakhs but u can also hire an car from them (esteem) rs 50000-60000 per event .
Old 27th December 2004, 08:55   #7
BHPian

ahhh. costly men! and suppose I lose; then? my 50k-60k bugs are gone. right? Well I have to think about it. But I think I should at least get a MAI licence first. and some rally driving training.
Old 27th December 2004, 19:35   #8
BHPian

check out www.mai.co.in you'll get all the info you need there
Old 27th December 2004, 21:28   #9
BHPian

thx

Hey,
Thanks a lot man. Thanks. U have helped me a lot.
I visited the site. But it does not provide details about competition of regular cars. It just says u can compete in regular cars. Does not provide enough details sadly. But I will find out.

Thanks.
Old 28th December 2004, 04:13   #10

hey qqplus,
Its easy to get an MAI licenece. Does anyone have any contacts with MAI here. I have contacts in MAI but there in track racing field. But which place are you in?? And secondly you can participate in the INRC. The rules are that you will need a car with MAI certiciation and thats easy to get too. For more details you can visit: www.indmotorsport.com.
It will ask you to become a user. If you don't want to then you can visit:
www.indmotorsport.com/mainmenu.html
The abve address is for general racing stuff. But for more details of the current year you can visit:
www.indmotorsport.com/mainmenu2k4.html
This has info on the track racing and karting and I think also rallying.
P.S: I have an MAI karting and racing licence and I can probaby help you if your in Chennai or even B'lore but any other place I can't help you. Sorry for that.
If the above info is not sufficient enough than mail me and I will get back to you.Also I'm in Australia at the moment and cannot come there to meet you or stuff but I can arrange for someone who you can meet to get an MAI licence without all the usual stuff.
Regards
Pranav Jairam
Old 28th December 2004, 08:28   #11
BHPian

Hello,
Sorry, but I had not seen the site correctly. There IS info there about events with normal street cars. I have seen it now in detail and found what I was looking for. Thank u for all ur links and help. There are events such as autocross, hill climb, motorkhana(i am still wondering about the name ) and triathlon. I think these 4 are suited for a beginner. I have also found the entry form and licence fees, their office, email phone and all the things. I am now just waiting for this educational year to get over, coz exams are just few days away. Then may be in APR I will be able to concentrate on this. This may open doors for a new career to me men ! gr8 am already excited.

I would like to thank u all once more. Thanks yar. in these 3 days, I have got so much info about motorsports, i cant imagine.

I will keep u posted.
Regards,
AJO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks