Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 04:31   #61
BHPian

If anybody wanted to race hatchbacks would'nt they just go for the swift instead? Its a Suzuki engine and would be much better than the TATA atleast
Old 30th December 2007, 20:16   #62
Senior - BHPian

I think its a smart move from tatas. im gonna try it out.
Old 31st December 2007, 01:14   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
If anybody wanted to race hatchbacks would'nt they just go for the swift instead? Its a Suzuki engine and would be much better than the TATA atleast
Seems you not well informed about how the racing scenario works ... Its no use prepping a Swift for racing in India as it ain't homologated as of now and nor does the company seem to show any interest in doing so . So a quick Swift may just be left racing around the neighborhood and not on track .

Tatas move may be due to a mix of two reasons ... One is that Mr. Anand who has prepared them made the top people at Tata feel that the time was right to launch the Indiaca petrol that they had worked on so hard a few years ago . And whoever drove the car at that point did feel that it had quiet a bit of oomph in it . The other thing is the acquisition of an F1 team by Mallya -- Tata may be expecting the Motorsport fever to catch on and they would wanna be ahead before others start riding it .

And with the finance option as part of the deal ... it looks pretty attractive an offer and Im sure that they shouldn't have trouble in selling the limited numbers that they come out with . Just hope the reliability ain't an issue !!
Old 31st December 2007, 04:45   #64
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please do not use more than two smilies per post. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Seems you not well informed about how the racing scenario works ... Its no use prepping a Swift for racing in India as it ain't homologated as of now and nor does the company seem to show any interest in doing so . So a quick Swift may just be left racing around the neighborhood and not on track .
I do know a little bit about the homologating thing but I didnt know swift was not.. If it was then people would have probably raced it..

I guess this is only the 3rd hatchback I'll see racing then.. But i dont get the point.. Lots of the WRC cars are hatchbacks so why dont people race them here? Is it the same homologation issue??

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2007 at 09:34.
Old 31st December 2007, 08:49   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak7116 View Post
I do know a little bit about the homologating thing but I didnt know swift was not.. If it was then people would have probably raced it..

I guess this is only the 3rd hatchback I'll see racing then.. But i dont get the point.. Lots of the WRC cars are hatchbacks so why dont people race them here? Is it the same homologation issue??
Even the latest advertisement for the Swift being aired on channels has them PROUDLY claim that the suspension is a ' rally suspension ' . Why they harp on it as a Rally Suspension has me confused and if they think it is based on Rallies why not get the car homologated ??? The men at the top in Marui seem to be in a confused state of affairs .

Don't compare WRC and INRC --- INRC has a long long way to go to even come close . To get there the corporates need to realise that Motorsports is a great advertising/publicity medium . Unfortunately companies think of motorsports as dangerous but then you can't blame them either as most of the Indians also think the same way .
Old 31st December 2007, 09:10   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Go, Gogi, GO!

If I were back home, I would too! It isnt every day that a manufacturer decides to sell race-ready cars. Just imagine what a sleeper this one would be if painted in regular Indica colours!
Old 31st December 2007, 12:07   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Just imagine what a sleeper this one would be if painted in regular Indica colours!
Imagine having one in White with Black bumpers, call centre cab ishtyle!!
Old 31st December 2007, 12:34   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
Rest assured, no cab company will be nuts to buy a petrol indica They are out to make money not lose loads of it

On the contary they have alone with CNG fittments, 150 Cabs operated by HCL vendors in Noida..! More by other IT and BPO operations in Gurgaon,Noida.

Close to around 7000 XETA's in Private ownership in the last year, Indica XETA was launched in January 2006 with the 1.4 Engine and now is offered in 1.2 and 1.4 glx along with CNG fittment. ( NCR Delhi). Estimated as per TATA motors Office Gurgaon.

So Petrol has come of Age, much better than the Lsi days..But still lot of work to be done...should be taken care by the New V3 platform.

Last edited by wolfinstein : 31st December 2007 at 12:38.
Old 31st December 2007, 17:02   #69
BHPian

I was'nt comparing WRC to INRC.. I know we are'nt even half way there yet

But what i was saying is that we could probably try racing the hatchbacks too if they were homologated and people took the initiative right?
Old 31st December 2007, 17:06   #70
Senior - BHPian

If you just want to race them on the track, you can. I don't think you need homologation. That's only required for the various INRC classes.
Old 1st January 2008, 23:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

Forget racing for a minute.

If its road legal, then we have India's hottest hot hatch to rip on the streets. I wonder if the Fiat boys have seen this.
Old 2nd January 2008, 00:40   #72
BHPian

Very true.. Lots of them might even be raced on the streets coz races dont happen everyday.. Problem is they might run into trouble with the cops...
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:06   #73
Senior - BHPian

OT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdfrk
I was'nt comparing WRC to INRC.. I know we are'nt even half way there yet
Only money is missing.Rest all is in place.
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:34   #74
BHPian

this is great news... finally we can buy a race prepared Indian car of the self....
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
OT:
Only money is missing.Rest all is in place.
No way man.. The amount of technology they have in their cars is just too much for us to match yet..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks