Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 12:30   #16
BHPian

Patels Inn is probably the only decent one inside the city.
Grips is the best in Bangalore as of now.
The new one at Bidadi has a lot more work left as Chetan said.
There is also a track at Planet X in mysore.. Had been there last week and it is awesome fun.. The track is made completely of concrete which means u cannot make the kart turn into the corners.. U have to drift into them and trust me it takes atleast 3-4 rounds of 10 laps each to get the hang of it.. It is super fun and i got addicted to the first drift karting track I've seen...
Old 25th January 2008, 13:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Yup... been there quite a few times and the Planet X track is completely awesome. The way some of the karts drift is really cool .
Old 25th January 2008, 13:11   #18
BHPian

havent tried Patel's but heard from many that its good..
Grips on Mysore Road is very bad...

Agree with speedfreak7116 :- Planet X in Mysore is the best..
am going to Mysore tomorrow, so shall try not to miss it there ...
Old 26th January 2008, 01:24   #19
BHPian

@ gods envy u are the first person to say that grips is very bad any reasons?

@all who have driven at planet x didn't you guys have any understeer on that track i had lots of it and i was quite frustrated
Old 30th January 2008, 14:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Any idea on exact driving directions?
Could you guide me on this?
GRIPS is on the Mysore road ..... just before NICE and beyond the Rajrajeshwari (am not sure of the spelling) medical college. Its on the left hand side on your way to Mysore.

Co-ordinates : 12°53'35"N 77°27'38"E

GIS : Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Old 30th January 2008, 22:58   #21
BHPian

GRIPS would be ahead of NICE road entrance as well and just ahead of rajarajeshwari medical college. i was there just last weekend and spoke to the owner, by next month they are getting 4 HONDA powered karts which are quicker than the current 12bhp karts that they have.
Old 17th April 2008, 21:07   #22

Go-karting in Patel's Inn-RT nagar

I have been to Patel's Inn few times. I am physically disabled with my left leg afflicted with Polio, still I managed best lap time of 38 sec. I was told the record there is 30 sec. I would like to try and break that record. The feeling that comes to the mind is - how much more risk are you willing to take before the corner comes up and also looking out for the slow ones on the track. Everytime I go there, the next two days, its absolute body pain for the tremendous amount of strength required to turn at high speeds as the non-treaded tyres stick to the road very much and gets the going more touch as they heat up. I also drove once in the rain and it was all wet driving. I spinned all 180 deg first 2 rounds, then got the hand of it by just turning the steering half of what was normally required on a normal day and let the rear end skid and swing into place. Its tough, but the experience is superb. I have been trying to get my friends at my workplace to come along for the last 6 years, but haven't succeeded. But I will try until I succeed. Just watching it, they feel the money goes down the drain in such a short time, but only when the drive it do they experience the real thrill. They may have driven cars for many years, but GO-KARTING IS DIFFERENT.
Old 20th April 2008, 20:32   #23

sleep maketh so many spell disasters

I was quite asleep when i was typing in my experiences at the RT nagar GO-KART centre. Lots of spell mistakes got in and just now when I was going through the paragraph, I was bewildered at the mistakes. Really sorry to all of my friends who have read and are going to read my experiences.
Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshbolero View Post
I have been to Patel's Inn few times. I am physically disabled with my left leg afflicted with Polio, still I managed best lap time of 38 sec. I was told the record there is 30 sec. I would like to try and break that record. The feeling that comes to the mind is - how much more risk are you willing to take before the corner comes up and also looking out for the slow ones on the track. Everytime I go there, the next two days, its absolute body pain for the tremendous amount of strength required to turn at high speeds as the non-treaded tyres stick to the road very much and gets the going more touch as they heat up. I also drove once in the rain and it was all wet driving. I spinned all 180 deg first 2 rounds, then got the hand of it by just turning the steering half of what was normally required on a normal day and let the rear end skid and swing into place. Its tough, but the experience is superb. I have been trying to get my friends at my workplace to come along for the last 6 years, but haven't succeeded. But I will try until I succeed. Just watching it, they feel the money goes down the drain in such a short time, but only when the drive it do they experience the real thrill. They may have driven cars for many years, but GO-KARTING IS DIFFERENT.
Old 21st April 2008, 10:43   #24
BHPian

Guys..quick question..
I am planning to go to GRIPS this weekend..can anyone tell me how to get there ( exact location would be helpful as i am not from blore..) when we are coming from Bangalore...Also what's the rate and how's the place???
Old 21st April 2008, 10:59   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Having been to Patel's Inn for over 5yrs I can vouch that the condition of the karts there is quite terrible the last time I visited. Of the lot, I think grips is the best. I hear there is one track coming up somewhere near Marathalli.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:15   #26
BHPian

Haven't been to Grips yet.And i've never liked the carts in Patels Inn. I have been to this place called Circuit 500. Not too sure with the name. Dunno if the place still exits. Its near marathalli (close to trinity acres).
I can never forget the place as i burnt my forearm after placing it on the engine.

Its been 6 years and i still have the marks.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I hear there is one track coming up somewhere near Marathalli.
I've seen a track at E Zone Club (near Marathalli), not sure if you were referring to this one. But the last time I checked (2 weeks back), it was nowhere near completion.
Old 21st April 2008, 12:32   #28
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufRoc View Post
I've seen a track at E Zone Club (near Marathalli), not sure if you were referring to this one. But the last time I checked (2 weeks back), it was nowhere near completion.
Yes, I was referring to the same. Any idea when its going to be completed?

If people are very keen on karting on a professional track with good karts, I guess something can be done about it at the Kari track, Coimbatore. Let me just look around and find out what I can come up with.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 21st April 2008 at 12:33.
Old 21st April 2008, 13:18   #29
BHPian

rahul thats a good idea looking forward to that
Old 21st April 2008, 14:17   #30
BANNED

Patels inn has got a nice tracks with good corners.

Even the Karts are decent.

We visit this place very often as this is the only track that's avlble within the city.

Planet-X mysore is the best one i've seen.

Got a great surface and decent Karts.

And the drift is also great at Planet X

GRIPS need to check them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks