Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2005, 04:33   #76
BHPian

[quote=ariesmale870]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
To name a few:
Tuned Skoda RS to approximate 250 Bhp
Tuned Skoda NOT COMING....... bused something BIG TIME... so gone back to being STOCK.... and this is to the non believer's out there.... TRUST ME... I know what I am saying...........

Well I would love to know more about this car and why the hell has it gone back to stock, what got busted?(if that is what you meant) who worked on the car?. Also I don’t believe it would be 250HP if it is we/I would like to see some proof . And finally if the guy actually got the car modded and doesn’t need the parts (chip, bigger turbo...) I'd be very interested in acquiring them.

Satyam.
Old 8th February 2005, 21:09   #77

well what he has......or should I say HAD went POOF.... I guess thats what happens when you try to do stuff yourself...
you interested in buying a burnt heap of junk?? whatcha gonna do SBFX... start a junk yard!
Old 8th February 2005, 23:19   #78
BHPian

ariesmale870,

well to get the magical figure of 250HP there are multiple changes that would go into it to make it happen so Im sure everything CANT go POOF for sure and as for doing it himself well its not as simple as taking a philips screwdriver and swaping parts to achive this kind of performance. I'm certain your bull****ting about this if your not I will eat my words and actually start a junk yard by buying the parts off him

Satyam.

Last edited by sbfx : 8th February 2005 at 23:23.
Old 9th February 2005, 03:13   #79
Team-BHP Support

Its no point arguing guys...... even if the RS put out 500hp there would no way to proove it!

We cant even estimate what kinda HP it put out because you havent really given us a list of mods. I guess the best thing would be to get the owner to speak up on TBHP. Im sure we would all be very interested in the mods he made, and what went wrong (could save people some trouble in the future.)

cya
R
Old 9th February 2005, 10:24   #80
Team-BHP Support

Well, about the "250hp" RS, I can say that it does (or is that did now??) indeed exist. Dunno about the actual output though (how do you measure it accurately without a dyno), but i do know that it had a bucketload of parts in her.
Old 9th February 2005, 10:27   #81
Senior - BHPian

well as far as i know..the RS with the same turbo and performance mods like exhaust and chip will take it to around 190bhp on crank max. to get more u need a new computer, turbo,etc.etc.
Old 9th February 2005, 12:08   #82
BHPian

Hi Rtech & Iceman,

If the modded RS actually existed then who got the chip installed and programmed as any half decent chip would have to be installed and tuned by a dealer himself with its appropriate software there are no chips for the RS that one can just swap and expect it to run fine. The few chips for the 1.8T 20V that come to mind are APR, Revo, and Jabba. All these manufactures claim a gain up to 205HP for our 150HP cars but all insist that they would need me to ship the original chip/ECM to them to mod it, therefore I am extremely cynical to the claim of a 250HP RS or XYZ HP RS.

I don’t mean to offend anyone with this but it just sounds unbelievable that’s all.

Regards,
Satyam.
Old 9th February 2005, 12:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

i too am quite skeptical about this RS...thats why i said you cannot go mors than 200. but one possibility is that he meant 250bhp, including NOS, than it could be possible. otherwise i too have my doubts
Old 9th February 2005, 13:24   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfx
Hi Rtech & Iceman,

If the modded RS actually existed then who got the chip installed and programmed as any half decent chip would have to be installed and tuned by a dealer himself with its appropriate software there are no chips for the RS that one can just swap and expect it to run fine. The few chips for the 1.8T 20V that come to mind are APR, Revo, and Jabba. All these manufactures claim a gain up to 205HP for our 150HP cars but all insist that they would need me to ship the original chip/ECM to them to mod it, therefore I am extremely cynical to the claim of a 250HP RS or XYZ HP RS.

I don’t mean to offend anyone with this but it just sounds unbelievable that’s all.

Regards,
Satyam.
Hey Satyam,

no offence taken dude.

However, as you rightly say, the ECU would need to be sent abroad for the chipping to be done. Well, what makes you think that this was not done and why is that so unbelievable?

Also, nobody said anything about using the OE turbo.

I don't wanna elaborate further as I don't know the owner of the car and if he'd like the bean's spilt. But what I do know is the guy who worked on this car and he is no bull****ter.
Old 9th February 2005, 13:53   #85
BHPian

Well Rtech take a look at the post by ariesmale870 who claims to be a friend of owner of the skoda in this particular thread and says that he has done the mods himself therefore it is unbelievable to me.

Quote:
I guess thats what happens when you try to do stuff yourself...
Regards,
Satyam.

Last edited by sbfx : 9th February 2005 at 14:04.
Old 9th February 2005, 14:45   #86
Team-BHP Support

hehehe. Now I see why the disbelief !!

Well, I know "ariesmale870" too, and, well, I'll leave it for him to explain if he wants to.
Old 9th February 2005, 14:52   #87
Senior - BHPian

hey guys.....
sorry if i have hurt anyone's feelings. i just wanted to say it sounded kinda outta the normal parameters of the skoda. well if has changed the turbo..thats excellent, good to hear that people are going all out on there cars.
rtech:
since he is your friend i would advise him to check his pistons,connectings and the crank..since they cannot take too much of the boost he is risking them. also he will have to change the injectors for fuel flow.
Old 10th February 2005, 20:25   #88
BHPian

a red jag xjs or xjr not sure 5.4L V12,i knw the owner and this jag is gonna be there,its old so dont expect it to go fast but its a true stunner!
Old 10th February 2005, 20:29   #89
Senior - BHPian

iceman dude is this jag news confirmed? I know about the red XJS .. is that coming for sure?

Dippy
Old 10th February 2005, 20:55   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolsun216
a red jag xjs or xjr not sure 5.4L V12,i knw the owner and this jag is gonna be there,its old so dont expect it to go fast but its a true stunner!
That's the XJS for sure... my all time favourite car.
And I'm gonna miss it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks