Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2005, 22:01   #16
Team-BHP Support

they say ignorance is bliss...haryan, atleast make an effort to dig a little deeper before making statements about things you obviously do not understand.
Old 25th January 2005, 11:21   #17
BHPian

Yes .... Ignorance is bliss , Rtech .

atleast you could have tried to inform whats good about Rallying in 2005 for a privateer instead of making a comment ?

what do you think MAI is doing for the upliftment of Motorsport ..
I was a rallyist, still have friends who rally now also, and i am a Committee member of APMSC ( Andhra Pradesh Motor Sports Club ) so i do keep going to INRC events ..... I do know what state our Rallying Scene is in now ....
Old 25th January 2005, 11:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Q: Why dont we see more Car Manufacturers in Rallying ?
A: there is no "Real" gain for the manufacurers cos Motorsport is not yet a popular sport ... Costs simply do not work out for them ....
I think Haryan has a point here. Off all the manufacturers in India, only Maruthi seems to be taking keen interest.

Another thing i've noticed is that the MRF cars seem to have an edge over the others. When the Vtec was there, it ruled and now, the only surviving Vtec from Gulf (I think), is nowhere close to what the MRF Vtecs were capable of.

And what's with the short ratio gearbox on the MRF Balenos, i thought the cars had to be stock. Recently Naren Kumar averaged 137kmph in a stage, how? Considering that the WRC record for last year was around 130kmph.

Shan2nu
Old 25th January 2005, 13:06   #19
Team-BHP Support

[color=blue]
Quote:
Q: Whats Wrong with Indian rallying scene ..... ??
A: Everything ....
[color=blue][/color]
[/color]
[color=red]What is "everything"? Care to define?[/color]

[color=blue]
Quote:
Q: Why dont we see more Car Manufacturers in Rallying ?
A: there is no "Real" gain for the manufacurers cos Motorsport is not yet a popular sport ... Costs simply do not work out for them ....
[/color]

[color=red]Well, this is a classic chicken and egg situation. Organisers need good sponsors to run good events. Sponsors want good publicity before they commit to an event. Good publicity costs money, which the organisers can get from sponsors! Manufacturers would like to get in once they see the publicity coming out of it. It just keeps going round and round!![/color]

[color=blue]
Quote:
Q: what about privateers ?
A: MAI is a MRF front organisation ..... Privateers get jacked ... there is no encouragement by other Sponsors namely FMCG , Oil , IT and other BIG Businesess as there is no Wide Support and exposure for the sport ... It is still a RICH MAN"S sport ..
[/color]

[color=red]Total BS! MAI front for MRF? Privateers get jacked?? Do you have anything to support that?[/color]
[color=red] [/color]
[color=red]I suppose you don't know anything about the Rally Star Cup introduced by the MAI to promote young drivers. The winners of the RSC each year are given a fully paid for season in the 1400cc class the following year! To gauge the success, the MAI backed RSC champion has gone on to win the 1400cc title for 2 years. The top 1400cc and event he 1600cc drivers came up this way. If thats not encouragement, I don't know what is. [/color]
[color=red] [/color]
[color=red]"It is still a rich man's sport". Yes! Motor sport is a rich mans sport! the sooner people realise that the better it is! It costs money! Its the same in every single country in the World. Motorsports is never ever going to be CHEAP. If you expect MNC's and other companies to fully fund teams just out of their love for the sport, that is never going to happen. [/color]
[color=red] [/color]
[color=red]You say you are a member of the APMSC, well then you would know the problems facing the sport. I believe the APMSC is organising an INRC round for this year. Well, I hope you are involved.[/color]

[color=blue]
Quote:
Another thing i've noticed is that the MRF cars seem to have an edge over the others. When the Vtec was there, it ruled and now, the only surviving Vtec from Gulf (I think), is nowhere close to what the MRF Vtecs were capable of.
[/color]

[color=red]Well ofcourse the MRF cars will have an edge! They are the only real team currently running. they have huge financial backing. they can afford the best suspension and parts. Why is Ferrari faster than Minardi? Why is it that we accept that, but when it comes to our own country, we first think of foul play!![/color]
[color=#0000ff]
Quote:
And what's with the short ratio gearbox on the MRF Balenos, i thought the cars had to be stock.
[color=red]This again is a clear example of people not being aware of the rules. FIA Grp N rules allow manufacturers to homologate an alternate set of gear ratios without a production minimum. This rule is for ALL drivers using that car, not just MRF. Just to mention, in 2004, privateer Lohith Urs won 2 INRC events outright in a Baleno.[/color]
[color=red][/color]
[/color][color=red][/color]
[color=red]A Final note: Nobody is in the business of charity. Sponsors will give money when they see something they want. Drivers must make an effort to get sponsorship for themselves. They should not expect handouts from various clubs, and then point fingers when it does not happen. Eeryone who organises motr sports events and all those involved in its organisation are there because of the love for the sport. Haryan, I'm sure the only reason you are still part of the sport is because of your passion for it, not because you are making a living out of it right? Nobody is out to screw the next person! Lets get over all this crap and move on![/color]
[color=#ff0000][/color]

Last edited by Rtech : 25th January 2005 at 13:09.
Old 25th January 2005, 13:13   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Recently Naren Kumar averaged 137kmph in a stage, how? Considering that the WRC record for last year was around 130kmph.
Simple really. The stage consisted of looooooong straights with small chicane type corners. Naren may have been the fastest, but all the drivers were clocking extremely fast times.

Thats why the stages were canceled. See, no controversy here either!!
Old 25th January 2005, 13:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well ofcourse the MRF cars will have an edge! They are the only real team currently running. they have huge financial backing. they can afford the best suspension and parts. Why is Ferrari faster than Minardi? Why is it that we accept that, but when it comes to our own country, we first think of foul play!!
Nobody mentioned foul play on this front. We just wanna know what the deal is with the MRF cars.

And what about the average speed of 137kmph and that the baleno is capable of 200+kmph?? How much power do you think those engines must be producing?

Shan2nu
Old 25th January 2005, 13:58   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nobody mentioned foul play on this front. We just wanna know what the deal is with the MRF cars.
Hope i explained what the deal is now. Basically, the more money you have, the faster you will go. That holds good for any form of motorsport!

Quote:
And what about the average speed of 137kmph and that the baleno is capable of 200+kmph?? How much power do you think those engines must be producing?
Let me show you a few of the Avg. speeds for thatone stage then you decide:
Naren-MRF Baleno:136kmph
Lohith Urs-Privateer Baleno: 131kmph
Jiby-Gulf Vtec: 132kmph
Arjun Rao-MPFI Esteem: 134kmph.

Now, do you really think the MRF cars were "extraordinarily" fast?
Old 25th January 2005, 14:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, do you really think the MRF cars were "extraordinarily" fast?
Boy that is one dream stage. LOL Got any vids of it?

Man 132 from Jiby in a Vtec? What was he thinking? he just got beaten by a Esteem, for crying out loud.

hey BTW, is it possible to take part in one rally instead of the whole season? Provided i have a rally prep'd car? Would love to give it one shot.

Shan2nu
Old 25th January 2005, 14:14   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hey BTW, is it possible to take part in one rally instead of the whole season? Provided i have a rally prep'd car? Would love to give it one shot.
Sure it is! Do one event, do 5 or do the full Championship, there is no stipulation on the number of rounds to be entered.
Old 25th January 2005, 16:10   #25
Tom
BHPian

I'd like to see the Baleno doing 200kph on a stage. Will be there at this years K-1000 with a speed gun.
Old 25th January 2005, 16:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see the the ford ikon1.6 and even the Indian lancer in the events.
Old 25th January 2005, 21:13   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech
[ Haryan, I'm sure the only reason you are still part of the sport is because of your passion for it, not because you are making a living out of it right? !
Rtech .... this is one statement of yours that i Congratulate you for ...
DO YOU KNOW ME , HAVE WE MET Before...???
yes, i cannot match your statement with statement , i think you are wellversed with Indian Motorsport Scene ... I have absolutely NO INTENTION of arguing with you or anyone else here ..
I have just made my opinion known ... BUT you too know that all is not well with the Indian Rallying scene ... there are lot of Nitty Gritties that I think we should not probe further here ...
As you wisely said lets leave this crap here and MOVE ON ....

Well, there is no more free ride for RallyStarCup Championship winners and 1400 Championship winners .... Ask Sanjay Aggarwal and Pritveen Rajan whom i know very well ...
Last years 1400 champion Lohit Urs financed his own 1600cc drive for this year ..

and yes I will be involved in this years DECCAN RALLY .... i am going to be the the ACOC for this years Deccan Rally ....
P.S .... can i know how you are connected to Indian Motorsport and MAI ...

Last edited by haryan : 25th January 2005 at 21:21.
Old 25th January 2005, 21:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
I would love to see the the ford ikon1.6 and even the Indian lancer in the events.
Indian Lancers were already rallied by Team JK Tyre in some events before the MAI FMSCI imbroglio happened ....

Ford Ikon is not a car that can be rallied in India ... It lacks in Build strength and it cannot tackle the rough Indian Motorsport terrain and Strenghtening that car will take a big budget and its engine to body weight power is also not that sufficient for rallying ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks