Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 22:35   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

DesertStorm 2008 - Want to volunteer?

As we run very long stages we need more vounteers.

If you are not participating in Desert Storm but would still like to see action you can volunteer to be a marshal or a radio car and help in conducting the event. Great if you have a 4x4 vehicle. From Jaipur onwards and back to Jaipur we will bear all fuel and stay costs.

If you do not have a vehicle but have experience then too you could help out by hopping on to a local jeep organized by us.

You need to be in Jaipur on 14th night and will be free after the rally ball on 18th late night.

If interested write in to me or Philip at philipracing@gmail.com now.
Old 23rd February 2008, 00:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
As we run very long stages we need more vounteers.

If you are not participating in Desert Storm but would still like to see action you can volunteer to be a marshal or a radio car and help in conducting the event. Great if you have a 4x4 vehicle. From Jaipur onwards and back to Jaipur we will bear all fuel and stay costs.

If you do not have a vehicle but have experience then too you could help out by hopping on to a local jeep organized by us.

You need to be in Jaipur on 14th night and will be free after the rally ball on 18th late night.

If interested write in to me or Philip at philipracing@gmail.com now.
Both me and my wife would be willing to be volunteers but can confirm in about a week's time once my travel plans around that time are finalized. Is it ok?

If I had a 4x4, I would have filed an Early bird entry.

As far as experience goes, we have been marshals at the Rally of the North in 2005 and participated in the Raid de Himalaya 2006. Hope it works!
Old 23rd February 2008, 07:32   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are not with your vehicle you will be put in a jeep and sent in to the stages so be prepared for a little harsh rides.

All intersted should give names phones address and blood groups in their email / pm

@nkapoor check you messages...
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
If you are not with your vehicle you will be put in a jeep and sent in to the stages so be prepared for a little harsh rides.

All intersted should give names phones address and blood groups in their email / pm

@nkapoor check you messages...
You bet, I didn't show interest without being prepared. More than the harsh rides, I am preparing for the searing heat. What's the weather like in March in the desert?

I'll send you an email with the details.

Btw, which messages are you referring to? I haven't got any PM's or emails.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks