Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2005, 20:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

turbo guidelines for speedrun 2005

hey guys...just got this cleared with the speedrun 2005 authorities..that any car which comes with a factory fitted turbo is not taken into the 1.7 times multiplication factor. it runs in its class of the engine cc. that means the skoda rs will run in the 1600-2000cc class...only if he has changed the turbo to a bigger one or replaced it with an aftermarket turbo does the multliplication factor apply.
Old 24th January 2005, 01:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

Wow.... that is an interesting move.... although personally i preffered the idea of the 1.4 multiplication factor. (as opposed to 1.7)

Either way, should be fun!!

cya
R
Old 24th January 2005, 03:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Where's the sense in that? A turbo is a turbo, factory-fitted or after-market it's going to boost your performance and make you outperform a NA car with the same displacement.

So what's the deal? How can they allow a factory turbo'd 1.8 compete against non-turbo'd 1.8s?:WTF:

Last edited by kbk_75 : 24th January 2005 at 03:27.
Old 24th January 2005, 10:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wow.... that is an interesting move.... although personally i preffered the idea of the 1.4 multiplication factor. (as opposed to 1.7)
its not a case of prefernces. There are set regulations for this laid down. For TC petrol engines, the multiplication factor is 1.7 and for TC diesels, it is 1.4. Diesels are more efficient.

Quote:
Where's the sense in that? A turbo is a turbo, factory-fitted or after-market it's going to boost your performance and make you outperform a NA car with the same displacement.
Exactly! The problem is the organiser seems to vary rules by the hour, leaving everyone a bit in the dark when it comes to things like this.

Another point to note is that how would they check whether a particular car has been chipped or not. A smart driver may drive just fast enough to allow him to win, without giving away too much with his times.

hmmm...the plot thickens!

Last edited by Rtech : 24th January 2005 at 10:56.
Old 24th January 2005, 13:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Btw how many of the petrol &/or Diesel cars come factory fitted wid TC ???
Old 24th January 2005, 14:09   #6
Team-BHP Support

Stock Indian TC cars: Indigo/Marina, Octi RS/TDi, erm...Sierra Turbo, Sumo Turbo, Scorpio!! Thats it I believe. Oh yea, the Montego as well
Old 24th January 2005, 14:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thx for the list man, i was expecting more on the petrols ones, coz i knew abt these.. also how many of these wud be there for a drag ??? btw the montego was TC!! cool
Old 24th January 2005, 14:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech
Another point to note is that how would they check whether a particular car has been chipped or not
Do they not allow the ECU to be chipped? After all, it's the same engine and everything else, just optimised to run differently. I mean, if a turbo'd stock engine can compete against a non-turbo'd, then what's the problem with chipping?

What about supercharged cars? And NOS equipped cars? What are the rules with regard to those?
Old 24th January 2005, 14:47   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do they not allow the ECU to be chipped? After all, it's the same engine and everything else, just optimised to run differently. I mean, if a turbo'd stock engine can compete against a non-turbo'd, then what's the problem with chipping?
The problem is policing this. Its really hard to know if someone has chipped their car or not (thats if its using the stock ECU box). So I guess they just keep everything free to do away with the need for scrutineering.

Quote:
What about supercharged cars? And NOS equipped cars? What are the rules with regard to those?
As per the FIA, supercharging and TC follow the same multiplication factor.

With regards to NOS, and I find this the craziest of all the rules, there are no rules! A NOS equiped car can run in its cylinder capacity! Crazy ain't it! There should ideally be a seperate category for STOCK cars.

Well, its getting there, give it time I guess.
Old 25th January 2005, 04:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is policing this.
That's the bottom line! Well at the end of the day it's all about having some fun, so who really cares what class and what not, it's not like anything changes if you win or come tenth!
Old 25th January 2005, 09:37   #11
BHPian

Quote:

With regards to NOS, and I find this the craziest of all the rules, there are no rules! A NOS equiped car can run in its cylinder capacity! Crazy ain't it! There should ideally be a seperate category for STOCK cars.

Well, its getting there, give it time I guess.
Whoa!! ur serious??? nitrous breathin cars take on poor lil(comparatively) cars in the same class?? werid......
Old 27th October 2005, 19:16   #12
BHPian

Simple have it based on BHP then...
Vtecs, and 1.6 palio, Baleno, all in the same 100Bhp Kat,
and my RS in the lisghtly higher one till 150/180 or so with the Vectra's, merc's, Audi's etc..
(thats better than just dispacement.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks