Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2005, 22:11   #31
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

yup if everyone can run NOS then where does the tuners work get praises for..same happened at this drag,5 out of the 9 cars in the 1L class officially had NOS in them..i know atleast 3 cars(albeit all from our group) which didnt run on NOS..and what did our hard work get in return??
if it was without NOS we would have seen which tuners work did what..same is the case with the the other classes..NOS isnt giving credit to any tuner whatsoever..
Old 9th December 2005, 23:44   #32
BHPian

Esteems running gti heads is news to me.The zens running the gti heads i mentioned was at the previous meet.This time i am not too sure...Well i heard this time they did check the 1st,2nd and 3rd place guys atleast in bike class. And guess what 1st and 2nd place guys got disqualified in the 260 to 360cc class, for running above the class restriction.I don't want to mention names here.If anyone else also heard about this please post.Also did they check the winners cars as well.?

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 9th December 2005 at 23:45.
Old 10th December 2005, 10:31   #33
BANNED

the scrutiny for bikes did happen dont know if they were disquallified or no..about the cars im not so sure as we left the place at some 5..until then atleast there was none..will have to find out from a freind of mine who won 3rd place in the esteem class(yes it was a bone stock esteem and didnt have even headers lol,and obv psychos 2 min(i meant literally 2min) work on the car did pay rich dividence)..

but one thing is for sure those esteems sure did sound like they were running twin cam heads..now for the truth or shall i call them rumours to come to light..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2005 at 10:34.
Old 10th December 2005, 17:16   #34
Tom
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinclaturbo
And guess what 1st and 2nd place guys got disqualified in the 260 to 360cc class, for running above the class restriction.I don't want to mention names here.If anyone else also heard about this please post.
yes thats what i heard too
Old 10th December 2005, 18:27   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
yes thats what i heard too
tom does that mean u win 1st place now..
Old 10th December 2005, 20:07   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r

Has anyone ever wondered why we are against NOS? It's not just the unfair advantage of 30bhp for a few seconds. Imagine I am trying to break into the circle and win some respect. I get my head ported and a decent exhaust setup. Strip my car. I run the right rubber. Up against anyone, I drive well enough to hold my own. But some rich dude comes along and plonks down 70k for a nitrous setup. My whole mod bill is 20k, and I lose instantly anyway. There's no way someone on a budget can match the power of nitrous...
I dont agree with you on this.Most guys here run at max 50hp shot of nos.Its easily possible to get that extra 50 hp by doing engine mods and without using nos.And always speed cost money no doubt.If u have the money and a little know how, u can t be beaten easily.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 10th December 2005 at 20:15.
Old 10th December 2005, 20:13   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
yup if everyone can run NOS then where does the tuners work get praises for..same happened at this drag,5 out of the 9 cars in the 1L class officially had NOS in them..i know atleast 3 cars(albeit all from our group) which didnt run on NOS..and what did our hard work get in return??
if it was without NOS we would have seen which tuners work did what..same is the case with the the other classes..NOS isnt giving credit to any tuner whatsoever..
most of the top cars have huge amounts of engine work by different tuners and then run nos on top of that. So its not like nos does nt give credit to tuners. People who do engine work and use nos are the ones getting the top three places.See the indian open category.So using only nos on a stock car , i doubt you ll be able to beat these guys.

Last edited by cinclaturbo : 10th December 2005 at 20:16.
Old 10th December 2005, 20:49   #38
BANNED

Quote:
I dont agree with you on this.Most guys here run at max 50hp shot of nos.Its easily possible to get that extra 50 hp by doing engine mods and without using nos.And always speed cost money no doubt.If u have the money and a little know how, u can t be beaten easily.
ok lets consider this as an example..actually its a matter of fact..take into consideration the 1L class at the just concluded drag..zen engines (mpfi that is) put out 59 bhp..so to say u can get 50 bhp just out of engine mods is highly unlikely..btw the max u can get out of a stock car with a good tune up will be approx 20-30 bhp which effictively means spending a bomb as it is..

then u have others who are so rich that they can afford all this engine mods and also along with it a NOS kit and yet again gain a added advantage of another 30 bhp(thats the max u can run on a stock engine in a zen)..but most often than not its the NOS thats saves most cars as one is not so sure to what extent the engine mods have turned out to be satisfatory in improving the performance of the car..claims are a million but unless dyno tests confirm well cant say much..a tuner can claim a increase of 20bhp but how can u be sure..but with NOS u see ur guaranteed of that 30bhp boost..

to quote another example v1p3r ran my stock mpfi zen just to get some insight into drag racing and guess what we clocked, a 20.251 in a bone stock zen with no mods whatsover..there was this car which we heard was running a fully modded setup with NOS and clocked just 19.004..rumours are that the car had a NOS leak but is the 1.2 sec diff between the two cars worth the money spent on the engine mods that this car had and that too wonder if NOS though leaking had an impact in that difference too..the fastest car in the category clocked a good 17.663 sec..thats a good 2.6sec of our timing..wonder how much of it was due to NOS..trust me it will be over 1.5 sec atleast..and its that 1 sec that put us from being 4th on the list to 9th on the list..so u see these cars with NOS just ran away with the show and im yet to be convinced the major advantage here wasnt NOS..if we had NOS and had an added advantage of 1.5 sec we would have been 3rd on the grid lol..that proves that even on a stock car with NOS can still be a beater ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th December 2005 at 20:58.
Old 10th December 2005, 23:00   #39
BHPian

well cant argue with the example you gave there. But then the cars that ran in your category are no where near the limit to which a 1l zen can be modified.Getting 100 hp on your 1l 16v zen is not very difficult.Run a throttle body fi system, high lift cams,good head and port setup. To be on the safe side do the bottom end as well... 100 hp my friend is not a problem.
Old 10th December 2005, 23:14   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.Getting 100 hp on your 1l 16v zen is not very difficult.Run a throttle body fi system, high lift cams,good head and port setup. To be on the safe side do the bottom end as well... 100 hp my friend is not a problem.
A 16v Zen already has a MPFi setup. Why on earth would you put a throttle body FI on it which is a retrograde step.
Old 10th December 2005, 23:52   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
well cant argue with the example you gave there. But then the cars that ran in your category are no where near the limit to which a 1l zen can be modified.Getting 100 hp on your 1l 16v zen is not very difficult.Run a throttle body fi system, high lift cams,good head and port setup. To be on the safe side do the bottom end as well... 100 hp my friend is not a problem.
dude are u serious, in india??
Old 11th December 2005, 02:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

The Zen block, in NA form, will not cross the 100bhp/litre mark without some serious, and I mean SERIOUS mods. And SERIOUS mods need SERIOUS MONEY. Which is what I have been trying to get at. What if you don't have the money? Suppose I don't even have the money for a 30 shot of nitrous, where do I get the money to get a fully blown race-spec engine from?
Old 11th December 2005, 02:49   #43
BANNED

Quote:
hhmm..so u mean to say raj hingorani and a few tuners of that caliber dont know what they are doing?? btw 100 bhp on a zen with engine mods is quite unlikely even with a good port,polish work,high lift cams,better injectors,better valve springs,freeflow,headers et all..and not to mention the tinkering these guys do with the electronics like piggy back ecu's and what not..btw wht if i tell u atleast one of the zens were running all of these with NOS and managed a lousy time and yet another zen was running a single webber too and was quite extensively modded..mods on these cars are a plenty but there are other factors too like a so called good driver who can get every second out of the car..

ps: if u happen to know any such tuner who could give me a 100 bhp zen and prove it then im heading to ur place with a blank check ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 11th December 2005 at 02:52.
Old 11th December 2005, 05:14   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
A 16v Zen already has a MPFi setup. Why on earth would you put a throttle body FI on it which is a retrograde step.
what i meant was a individual throttle body fi system.Why...... to get 15hp over whatever comes on the standard.
Old 11th December 2005, 05:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
what i meant was a individual throttle body fi system.Why...... to get 15hp over whatever comes on the standard.
Well this may sound a little weird but a single injector is not as good as per cylinder injectors, hence 15 bhp with one injector is a not possible. A well chosen carburettor which has been well tuned will outdo a single injector anyday.

Also lets get out of this 100 bhp zen discussion too, 40 - 50% improvement can be got directly on the engine with all the mods you mentioned and MORE but to go beyond NOS is mandatory.

And drag cars are not just engine mods but a whole lot more and you can and will be shocked what a silly mistake can do... seriously ask me coz I have made em.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks