Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2008, 02:22   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Vikram,

You are right it was me wheel spinning all the way into 3rd gear. Imagine all that happening without Vtec working. God only knows how much time I would have gained had Vtec been working and with slightly higher boost levels(was dragging @7 PSI during SR).

Viper
Yeah. Imagine removing the spare tyre, seats and not wheel spinning and just running a half second less ( not that I know anything about launch and drag, since I don't race ); that sure would have been a sight to see!
Old 22nd March 2008, 02:42   #467
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Well, I guess Jiggy has got his car right where he needs it..NOW, skill sets need to be improved on and I think this car could do a late 12.. @ Jitu..I saw the video, yes traction is utmost at this point. LEts hope both the BIG B's are gonna be running crazy times again.
@vikram18- Well considering that Jiggy did use your car to race..car donorship is where you should concentrate.(you'll buy one for me too? Lets leave the time calculation and racing skills to the others, right? By the way how was your drive home after the MEET? lOL! It was a nice experience on the whole, we should do this again sometime.

Last edited by nitroxx : 22nd March 2008 at 02:44.
Old 22nd March 2008, 02:51   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Well, I guess Jiggy has got his car right where he needs it..NOW, skill sets need to be improved on and I think this car could do a late 12.. @ Jitu..I saw the video, yes traction is utmost at this point. LEts hope both the BIG B's are gonna be running crazy times again.
I completely agree. Bring it on Big boys

Quote:
@vikram18- Well considering that Jiggy did use your car to race..car donorship is where you should concentrate.(you'll buy one for me too? Lets leave the time calculation and racing skills to the others, right?
That's a little patronizing coming from someone who sat in the stands beside me all day, but I'll still let it slide. He did win with the car; not many others did! . I'm proud to drive home the fastest stock Civic at the Speed Run.

Quote:
By the way how was your drive home after the MEET? lOL! It was a nice experience on the whole, we should do this again sometime.
The drive home was FAST. No lame explanations and excuses about missed gear shifts or wheel spins and launches; No whines from the driver too . Was a blast meeting you and was a real enriching experience, thanks to the robust humor and the camaraderie.
As for meeting up, just say when bro; I'll be there!

Last edited by vikram18 : 22nd March 2008 at 03:01.
Old 23rd March 2008, 11:39   #469
BANNED

Quote:
Micky,

As mentioned earlier I will be running full street trim. Who says you cannot clock fast times in street trims. I just proved that and that too with no Vtec working and on street tyres pus the the ECU was tuned/setup in half a day and was nowhere close to optimal state of tune.

All I need is to improve me launch times and make sure the car is setup perfectly well in advance.

@Ford Rocam - "Quote: Originally Posted by viper-
In the final run I think I beat Jitu but timing was not registered due to some error in the machine and we had to do a re-run.
Are you Sure? I don't know about the timings but where 1/4 mile ends, I took a glimpse at the left & i could see you way behind."

I can now be 100% sure I beat you as going by the timing sheets provided you jump started both the runs.

Viper
Old 24th March 2008, 00:50   #470
Senior - BHPian

Guys wouldnt it be a more informative thread if people did not have a go at each other. Each of you took your own approaches to your builds and have been happy with them so just let it be. There still is a long way to go before either of you are going to say this much is enough.
So enjoy the rides and let us all say peace here.
Old 24th March 2008, 01:28   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Guys wouldnt it be a more informative thread if people did not have a go at each other. Each of you took your own approaches to your builds and have been happy with them so just let it be. There still is a long way to go before either of you are going to say this much is enough.
So enjoy the rides and let us all say peace here.
Well said my man.
Both have great cars which they have built with utmost love.
Let it not turn into a "who's is better" thread.
They are both fast cars and both used as daily drives.
So many similarities. Lets get together and slap the faces of others who are laughing at the expense of these two brilliant builds.
In short, read my signature for the moral of the story.
Old 24th March 2008, 11:17   #472
BHPian

finally i got my pic,,haahaha thanks to AUTO CAR
Attached Thumbnails
Speedrun 08' - Pictures, Videos, Experiences and Results-speedrun_wheelie.jpg  

Old 24th March 2008, 18:51   #473
BHPian

Wheelieboy awesome stuff!
Old 25th March 2008, 10:43   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Wheelieboy awesome stuff!
thanks bro,check out AUTO CAR's april edition,too

more pics- AUTOCAR INDIA Speed Run 2008 Mumbai are March 1st -2nd

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th March 2008 at 12:50.
Old 21st February 2012, 00:10   #475
Senior - BHPian

Re: Speedrun 08' - Pictures, Videos, Experiences and Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Godzilla = Nissan Skyline GTR.
@Nikhil - Correct me if I am wrong, but I was always under the impression that Godzilla is the R32 GTR and not just any GTR. IIRC it was nicknamed Godzilla because when it came out in the early 90's it decimated the competition in some race series they put it in and they eventually had to change the rules so that the R32 didn't win everything and others had a chance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks