Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 18:26   #271
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ritesh, congrats on the win. Surely missed this years run. Hoped to see BHPians win more trophies this year.

Was there a dinner meet? Don't see anything about it.

Quote:
Hmmm, going by your claims, i'm begining to wonder if you're the same "DOM"inator i've met a couple of times.
Wow. You just stole the words out of my mouth.
Old 5th March 2008, 19:05   #272
Team-BHP Support

There was a dinner meet. Read about it here: Speedrun Dinner Meet 02.03.2008
Old 5th March 2008, 21:56   #273
Senior - BHPian

What struck me as hilarious was how every half-penny Indian tuner or whatever they call themselves insisted on huge-arse banners across every car they so much as sneezed at, while the big daddy of all tuners at SR, Croydon Racing Developments, who did the Skyline, had one teeny logo just above the exhaust cutout on the bumper. Take a look:

Old 5th March 2008, 22:05   #274
BHPian

I saw the results on ACI Website , how can a Nissan Silvia be classified in the STREET STOCK - 3001cc and above category????

The Silvias came only with a 2l or less NA or Turbo engines.
Old 5th March 2008, 22:38   #275
Senior - BHPian

@THE WOLF... You were running STREET STOCK. 1ST in the category. CONGRATS.
Jus a Few questions. SERIOUSLY WHAT WERE THE MODS DONE TO YOUR CAR.

Indian Cars - STREET STOCK - 1451 to 1650cc
1st - Ritesh Nayak - Honda City - 16.372 The WOLF-- Blazed/t-bhp Member
2nd - Nrupathy Manay - Honda City - 17.379
3rd - Asif Shah (Game Over) - Maruti Baleno - 17.509 - Jinesh's Baleno - t-bhp/Blazed Member
A second less than everyone else.Amazing. I can understand 2nd place and 3rd place timings but your was off the roof for Stock category.

If no Port polish/ head shave has been done is it OK to use 107octane fuel wHICH YOU WERE RUNNING???
Old 5th March 2008, 22:45   #276
BHPian

Hi Chetanhanda !!

I was involved with the car at every stage.Right from working out the specifications,the colour combination and all the minute detailing involved.Its been a project worthwhile not for the timing achieved, i was never in doubt of that.The fact that every thing fell in place, the drivers ability,cars performance and all that we set out initially to do.It is a big sense of achievement and pride.As you can understand, I am not the type to boast or brag about anything.I was assigned a job and I delivered it. I do not own the car, so I will let the media highlight the facts with the rightful permission of the owner.

I always stress about the word " WE " because I always belive that any sport is a Team Work. I could have had the worlds best car,but it still required a very brave driver to steer it through.The car has just not popped up out of the blue.We were a team of 3 people out on a mission.Our brief was very simple, " Want The Fastest Car in India ".
Apart from tuning I was involved in every aspect.
I still maintain that I do not want to take any individual credit, it was a Team effort. I was assigned a job and we managed to do it.

Shan2nu!!!! have we met a couple of times ????? Not sure ? I am based in bangalore and it is just a hobby for me. I am not a professional tuner or restorer.Just a simple guy with a passion for automobiles.

Rotorhead!!! There is no mystery to it. The car has still not perfromed to its full potential. Our aim is to do 8 seconds, which will not be difficult. Probably not at a street drag.You will all get to hear about it very soon.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th March 2008 at 02:00. Reason: Merged
Old 5th March 2008, 22:58   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Hi Chetanhanda !!

I was involved with the car at every stage.Right from working out the specifications,the colour combination and all the minute detailing involved.Its been a project worthwhile not for the timing achieved, i was never in doubt of that.The fact that every thing fell in place, the drivers ability,cars performance and all that we set out initially to do.It is a big sense of achievement and pride.As you can understand, I am not the type to boast or brag about anything.I was assigned a job and I delivered it. I do not own the car, so I will let the media highlight the facts with the rightful permission of the owner.

I always stress about the word " WE " because I always belive that any sport is a Team Work. I could have had the worlds best car,but it still required a very brave driver to steer it through.The car has just not popped up out of the blue.We were a team of 3 people out on a mission.Our brief was very simple, " Want The Fastest Car in India ".
I still maintain that I do not want to take any individual credit, it was a Team effort. I was assigned a job and we managed to do it.
Very well put dominator. Kudos to you and your team for achieving this success. If only we could see this car at its full power. I really hope we get to see that in the near future, once we get better drag strips.

And you said it right. Nothing works like team work.

Last edited by Dippy : 5th March 2008 at 22:59.
Old 5th March 2008, 23:04   #278
BHPian

Firstly,

@wolf! congrats bro! Always knew that the car was capable.. I know that u were capable of shaving another .3~.4 secs of ur time.. but things went wrong at the wrong time..

I know why it was caused and what was the cause sorry bro!

Nevertheless, I hope u cane the Blr drag... and leave everyone astounded..

15.4 (practise run) from u is not the best I know that.. lets show all what blr boys can do with their mean machines!!

Hearty congrats to u once again.

just a .2 second difference between the 2nd and the 3rd place!! wow! that must be a very quick baleno.. to have been so close to that honda or was it exactly the opp.. a slow honda n a realtively faster baleno

Whatever! congrats to all the winners and to all the participants of the SR!

Cheers,
Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

Indian Cars - STREET STOCK - 1451 to 1650cc
1st - Ritesh Nayak - Honda City - 16.372 The WOLF-- Blazed/t-bhp Member
2nd - Nrupathy Manay - Honda City - 17.379
3rd - Asif Shah (Game Over) - Maruti Baleno - 17.509 - Jinesh's Baleno - t-bhp/Blazed Member
A second less than everyone else.Amazing. I can understand 2nd place and 3rd place timings but your was off the roof for Stock category.

If no Port polish/ head shave has been done is it OK to use 107octane fuel wHICH YOU WERE RUNNING???

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 5th March 2008 at 23:07.
Old 5th March 2008, 23:38   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
could you now tell us the various mods that have gone into this 1200bhp car and what was your contribution to the making of the car. Probably an update on what all has happened from the time you posted about this car first upto the time this was unveiled at the speedrun.
I think I heard that it was an 800bhp car!? Im not sure but Dominator will be in better stance to enlighten us.
Dom, do tell us as to how you were involved in the making of the beast. It was a pleasure watching her though. Amazing. I barely caught her on the move in my camera. If you noticed, in the video, i was delirious of its speed and misjudged the movement completely
Old 6th March 2008, 00:57   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
Hi Chetanhanda !!

ok !!
got it ..
Old 6th March 2008, 01:07   #281
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
What struck me as hilarious was how every half-penny Indian tuner or whatever they call themselves insisted on huge-arse banners across every car they so much as sneezed at, while the big daddy of all tuners at SR, Croydon Racing Developments, who did the Skyline, had one teeny logo just above the exhaust cutout on the bumper. Take a look:

Thats because Croydon is not a "sponsor" they were paid to build the car. While a banner or sticker can be part of the deal, it is not their automatic right to be able to put a large sticker on the car just because they built it. All spots on the car have a different value, and every size and position of the advertising are paid for spots.(This is the way it is in the rest of the racing world, so would assume they are following the same guidelines)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Very well put dominator. Kudos to you and your team for achieving this success. If only we could see this car at its full power. I really hope we get to see that in the near future, once we get better drag strips.

And you said it right. Nothing works like team work.
Is that something that is happening? Or you are just hopeful it happens? I'd be interested in such projects personally.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:16   #282
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I'm glad that we all have finally seen what 9 0dd seconds look like on a strip.. bottomline, alls well that ends well. $300K+more on a 8 sec car, man thats s&#t loads of money!!!!
Old 6th March 2008, 01:34   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post

I can understand 2nd place and 3rd place timings but your was off the roof for Stock category.
This even I want to know.
15.4 sec in a Vtec and that too, as Ritesh said, car was not running properly. So maybe a 15 sec Vtec. Team Dragstar's Vtec last year clocked 15 with Greddy emanage, shaved head, high compression, port polish, stage 2 clutch and a lot of other mods in pro stock. So how do you make a 15 sec street stock Vtec. Lets hear it.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:39   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Thats because Croydon is not a "sponsor" they were paid to build the car. While a banner or sticker can be part of the deal, it is not their automatic right to be able to put a large sticker on the car just because they built it. All spots on the car have a different value, and every size and position of the advertising are paid for spots.(This is the way it is in the rest of the racing world, so would assume they are following the same guidelines)
Dude, this is India. All the tuners (well almost all) run HUGE HUGE HUGE stickers, whether they were paid or not.

Almost all the stickers, except Zapp, were not paid for in any way. They are stickers of the event sponsors.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:57   #285
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Dude, this is India. All the tuners (well almost all) run HUGE HUGE HUGE stickers, whether they were paid or not.

Almost all the stickers, except Zapp, were not paid for in any way. They are stickers of the event sponsors.

lol, true, just stating the way the rest of the world does it. :P

Most Viewed