Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 23:33   #31
BHPian

Here is another article I came across on grandprix.com.

It said that the FIA has restored power to the FMSCI and made Mallya the president thereby getting rid of Nazir Hoosein as the joint chief of MAI and FMSCI.

F1 News > Sporting power in India.
Old 8th July 2008, 11:29   #32
BHPian

Interesting article Sujay, thanks. One correction though, Nazir was never the joint head of FMSCI and MAI, it was Vijay Mallya at that position.

FIA will hear the appeal of the MAI against the decision on 29th July, though I would be honestly surprised if the appeal gets through.
Old 8th July 2008, 19:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Luckily for sport lovers, this issue has been laid to rest.

Now we can expect them to concentrate on the events rather than cheap politics.

Good news, we have one round of the INRC in CHENNAI!!!!!!!
Old 8th July 2008, 20:33   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully INRC will now also include motorcycles.
Old 8th July 2008, 22:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hopefully INRC will now also include motorcycles.
Yes, it already does.
INRC for bikes was announced after a long gap, I guess about 7-8 years. Last time I saw bikes was at the Popular rally in Cochin. There was so many accidents that year.
Old 9th July 2008, 03:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Yes, it already does.
INRC for bikes was announced after a long gap, I guess about 7-8 years. Last time I saw bikes was at the Popular rally in Cochin. There was so many accidents that year.
Good news. 7-8 years is a long time. A whole generation of youngsters have missed out on participating in this affordable sport. Unlike cars you don't see many 25+ guys doing bike rallies.
Old 3rd August 2008, 19:13   #37
BHPian

Dont tell me nobody knew this happened? Thoughts?

International Court of Appeal overturns FIA decison on MAI- Other Sports-Sections-Indiatimes Sports

MAI regains sporting power - Howrah News Service - Latest news and headlines on Howrah and West Bengal

Last edited by Killer : 3rd August 2008 at 19:17.
Old 3rd August 2008, 22:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

So the news was true than? I was about to ask about this.
Thanks for the info. one question thou, whats the thing with tires now that MRF has moved away, do have to buy tires?
Old 4th August 2008, 10:53   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What that basically means is that things are back to step 1. Whether the news is good or bad, is anybody's guess. Only time will tell.
Old 4th August 2008, 12:58   #40
BHPian

Yes, it is all back to square 1! The sad part is that the FIA seems to be more confused than either the MAI or the FMSCI !!! To keep the decision in limbo still is not good for Indian motor sport.

I hope they make up their mind soon ?

Dinar, do you participate in the RSC? If you do, currently you will have to buy tyres, MRF is not offering them for RSC currently.
Old 12th February 2009, 21:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Fmsci & Mai

The verdict has been reached folks - the answer is now FMSCI!

The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) is the National Sports Federation recognized by the Government of India and the International Sporting Power holder for the 2 & 3 wheeler motorsport from the World body viz. Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme, Geneva. However, there has been a long battle between the Motorsports Association of India (MAI) and the FMSCI with regard to the Sporting Power for the 4 wheeler motorsport which internationally is controlled by Federation Internationale de l' Automobile(FIA), Paris.

According to a press release from the FMSCI, at the FIA General Assembly held on 7th Nov 2008, by a majority decision, the Sporting Power in India was transferred from the Motorsports Association of India (MAI) to The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI). Aggrieved by this decision, the MAI appealed to the FIA International Court of Appeal (ICA).

The MAI had also previously filed an appeal against the WMSC decision for the transfer and also approached the French Court to stay this transfer of International Sporting Power and confirming the National Sporting Authority (ASN) status back to the FMSCI.

The ICA comprising of Mr.Philippe ROBERTI DE WINGHE (Belgium) who was elected President, Mr.Erich SEDELMAYER (Austria), Mr.Vassilis KOUSSIS (Greece) and Mr.John J CASSIDY (United States) heard the appeal in Paris on 6th February 2009. In its judgement, which was received by the FMSCI yesterday night (11th Feb 2009), the FIA International Court of Appeal has

1) dismissed the appeal
2) Confirmed the decision of the General Assembly of 7th November 2008 to
transfer the Sporting Power in India from the MAI to the FMSCI and
3) Ordered MAI to pay the costs

The MAI was represented by its President Mr.Nazir Hoosein, Mr.Georges Benelli (Legal Representative) and Mrs.Annie Dutasta-Amieil (Legal Representative) while the FMSCI was represented by Solicitor General Mr.G.E. Vahanvati, Mr.Jai Munim (Legal
Representative) and Chairman FMSCI Legal Commission Mr.Y.N. Bhardwaj.

FMSCI Chairman Dr.Vijay Mallya said “I am pleased that the issue of FIA Sporting Power in India has been finally resolved and that there is no more scope for conflict between the two organizations. The FMSCI as the nationally recognized motorsports Federation and the holder of the FIA Sporting Power in India will now focus on the development and promotion of motorsport in our country. “

Indian Motorsport
Old 12th February 2009, 23:39   #42
BHPian

What that means is that the MAI is little more than a regular Joes office that also helps in organising events.
Old 13th February 2009, 06:33   #43
Senior - BHPian

i woudl suspect so. more over, competition licenses need to be from FMSCI (I Overheard this, so i guess it NEEDS to be checked)
Old 13th February 2009, 12:54   #44
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
more over, competition licenses need to be from FMSCI (I Overheard this, so i guess it NEEDS to be checked)
That is correct. Competition licences for the upcoming Blind Man Car rally to be issued by the FMSCI.
Old 13th February 2009, 13:02   #45

Where is the FMSCI office in Bombay??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks