Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 14:33   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)

Upcoming Nanoli Speedway (Nanoli Speedway Race Track, on the outskirts of Pune!) in Kamshet.
Old 9th November 2020, 18:25   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

From Sirish Chandran's IG feed:

Quote:
Work has started on Pista Motor Raceway at Dundigal in Telangana (one hour from Hyderabad airport on Ring Road)
-
Tentative completion dates
Drag Strip: May-Aug 2021
2.3km (upper loop): May 2022
Full 3.708km & 16 corners: May 2023
-
The bottom loop includes a Laguna Seca-type corkscrew (at 0:40 on video) with a 59 feet drop that follows the contours of land. Track promoters want it to be more challenging than existing tracks!
-
Land already acquired and events kick off with the bike Dirt Track this weekend. National Off Road championship event is planned for Q1 2021, on the 7-8km off-road track that includes some portion of the run-offs (50-100m) run-offs for each corner
-
Once drag strip is ready then FIA certification for the race track will commence
Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHW4i9iglY4/
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2021, 16:16   #78
BHPian

On my recent trip to Ladakh, I came across this beautiful go-kart track in Nubra Valley which is the highest in the world (at more than 10, 000 feet). Karting here was a surreal experience despite the small 150cc engines which were limited to a speed of 50 kmph.

I have truly never experienced go-karting like this, surrounded by such a scenic view.

Sharing some pictures here. Please please please do visit this track if you ever happen to be in Ladakh.
Attached Thumbnails
Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-img_20210724_142600__01.jpg  

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-img_20210724_145621.jpg  

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-img_20210724_150410.jpg  

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-img_20210724_150720.jpg  

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-img_20210724_150721__01.jpg  

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-img_20210724_150741.jpg  

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-img_20210724_151403.jpg  

avm2407 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:35   #79
Team-BHP Support

Wow! Absolutely stunning... and quite a surprising location too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm2407 View Post
... highest in the world (at more than 10, 000 feet).
Altitude doesn't play well with Naturally Aspirated engines - due to the lower air density at higher elevations.

Did you feel the performance was lagging?
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 13:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Wow! Absolutely stunning... and quite a surprising location too.

Altitude doesn't play well with Naturally Aspirated engines - due to the lower air density at higher elevations.

Did you feel the performance was lagging?
Yes, the performance was definitely lagging as compared to the go karts in Delhi. Maybe this was also because of the smaller 150cc engine as compared to the 200cc engine go karts in Delhi. So the top speed was hardly 40-45kmph.

But this track wasn't about all that actually. Driving around this scenary was an unmatched experience.
avm2407 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 17:00   #81
BHPian

I would prefer that Ladakh and that region as a whole is left in its pristine state and not have such activities (Karting) that polute the air, even if a wee bit each time.
swissknife is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 13:50   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
I would prefer that Ladakh and that region as a whole is left in its pristine state and not have such activities (Karting) that polute the air, even if a wee bit each time.
Agree on this. I had seen this on my visit to ladakh and wondered who comes to ladakh and does go-Karting!
The whole place is a scenic marvel and one need not be karting(which can be done anywhere in India) to enjoy that. Next they will open a roller coaster or a ferris wheel maybe.
It's an ecologically fragile environment, so better to leave it as pristine as possible.

Last edited by saion666 : 12th August 2021 at 13:53.
saion666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2021, 18:11   #83
BHPian

While I agree that these activities may not very ecologically sound, one needs to appreciate that these are small 150cc petrol engines in an area where tourist vehicles have more than 10 times bigger diesel engines.

This is especially relevant in light of the fact that it provides livelihood and promotes tourism which literally runs the economy of Ladakh. It's important to bear in mind the economic interests of the local population as well.
avm2407 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 00:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone knows about the go-karting track near Kharadi, Pune? I'd love to know more about it and if feasible, maybe even get in a few laps there.
Old 19th August 2021, 17:41   #85
BHPian

I had experienced Karting in Kufri (Shimla) with snow on track. It was a different experience.

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-gk.jpg

But never imagined in Ladakh. As mentioned by others, not good having karting in a place like Ladakh where we can't have fun (read loss of power) and still end up polluting. If it's still unavoidable, they can have electric Karts.

Image source: tripadvisor.com

Last edited by saikarthik : 19th August 2021 at 17:45.
saikarthik is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 18:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Agree on this. I had seen this on my visit to ladakh and wondered who comes to ladakh and does go-Karting!
The whole place is a scenic marvel and one need not be karting(which can be done anywhere in India) to enjoy that. Next they will open a roller coaster or a ferris wheel maybe.
It's an ecologically fragile environment, so better to leave it as pristine as possible.
When tourists fly in a jet or drive in a gas guzzling TT from Manali or the most economical Enfield Bullets to Leh and Ladakh, targeting the Go Kart with a 150cc engine is like going after the wrong person here.

I wish they had electric go karts. That would be super fun and surreal.
maddy42 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 22:44   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I wish they had electric go karts. That would be super fun and surreal.
Will beg to differ on electric karts too. Like I said in my previous post, what next a roller coaster or a ferris wheel? These ancillary amusement activities are totally unnecessary at a place like Ladakh. It's like sitting in a cinema hall and watching netflix on your mobile.

They all add up to the ecological footprint and my humble opinion will be to avoid them as much as possible. Its not just the 150cc engines which will cause the damage.
I am also an advocate of demolishing the tourist camps near pangong having seen first hand how much plastic waste our tourists generate.
saion666 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 11:14   #88
Senior - BHPian

One man's food is another man's poison

On the brighter side they are using four stroke engines and not two stroke, which would pollute more. Also, at higher altitudes you have a leaner mixture so you burn less fuel and less damage to the environment?

Amount of tourist cars/bikes plying in this region and the waste they leave behind should definitely be a bigger concern for us..
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 12:32   #89
BHPian

Alright, When visiting to Ladakh, Go Karting has been put on my bucket list for sure!
Amazing find @avm2407 !
Rohan1511 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 23:40   #90
BHPian

Does anybody here have any recommendations for good karting tracks around Delhi NCR?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks