Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2008, 10:24   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnani View Post
The two tracks in Tamil Nadu, what are their names?

1. Irungattukottai Racing Track 30 kilometers away from Chennai,
2. Kari Motor Speedway in the outskirts of Coimbatore

if wrong please correct me.
Old 14th December 2008, 11:30   #32
BANNED

Its sholavaram race track in chennai and Kari motor speed way in coimbatore.
Old 14th December 2008, 12:48   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnani View Post
There is a big one opening up outside Delhi, in Noida correct? When will that be ready? What is the closest track to Mumbai?
Is it? I didn't know that. Could you/anyone share more details please?
Old 14th December 2008, 13:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivanoj View Post
Its sholavaram race track in chennai and Kari motor speed way in coimbatore.
The Chennai one is the MMST situated in Irungattukotai,Sriperumbudur. Less than an hour from the chennai city.

Sholavaram is currently a street racing track with young kids having fun in bikes and cars.
Quite a few have lost their lives doing it,in recent times.
Old 14th December 2008, 14:54   #35
BHPian

Kari motor speedway is located in Chettipalayam, Coimbatore.
It is also about 1 hour drive from the city centre.
Old 14th December 2008, 19:57   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a nice thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
There is one around Pune as well - VRDE Track. But it isn't open to general public.
Anyone know how one could use influence and get access to that track near pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Is it? I didn't know that. Could you/anyone share more details please?
Apparently, rumour has it that the race track near delhi is privately owned by mr. rahul gandhi and his buddies.
Old 30th June 2011, 14:58   #37
Team-BHP Support

re: Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)

GOA

- Good pricing
- Nice surface
- Stays open in the monsoons too (but only between 3-7 pm)
- Close to all the action in North Goa (Address Link)
- Decent go-karts

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-20110605-17.27.09-pan.jpg

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-20110605-17.26.07-b-custom.jpg

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-20110605-17.31.03-f-custom.jpg

Data Bank Of Racetracks Across India (Go karting & dirt tracks included)-screenshot-20110630144935.png

There is another (better) track in South Goa too.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th February 2012 at 14:46. Reason: Oops...always get confused between North and South Goa - corrected.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 15:05   #38
Team-BHP Support

PUNE

DownTown Racing
Survey No 57,
Behind Ganga Constella
Near Eon IT Tower
Kharadi, Pune

More info : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...wn-racing.html

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 17:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Anyone have any idea regarding go karting tracks here in delhi ??

Delhi BHPians have you been on any??
Old 10th June 2012, 20:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

ECR Speedway - Chennai.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=12....ed=0CAsQ8gEwAA

Charge 240 Rs for 5 minutes. They do track your lap timing, which is a good thing. They only allowed using 7hp karts though. Lap record is 40.696 by Ashwin Sundar. The best time I could manage was 45.817, may be I could knock another 2.5 sec on a good day. Any ways it was good fun.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle3431014.ece

Few videos.

Last edited by ecenandu : 10th June 2012 at 20:18.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2012, 17:27   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Anyone have any idea regarding go karting tracks here in delhi ??

Delhi BHPians have you been on any??
I was at the JK Tyre National Rotax Max Championship Round 1 at Hyderabad this weekend and there Mr Akbar Ibrahim of Meco Motorsports announced that he is coming up with a Track at BIC. The contracts are in place and they are awaiting an approval from FMSCI and FIA. This will be a championship track for Karting and will be 1.2kms in length. The 1st major event is expected to be the Invitational event during the BIC F1 week with National Champs in the Micro, Junior and Senior categories from JKNRMKC showing off in front of F1 drivers and getting to interact with them. Am hoping this does not run into any issues.

Another track is coming up on the Sarjapur Road in Bangalore again being developed by Meco Motorsports but that is about 6-9months away. This track again will be a championship track purpose built to host National and International level championships.

There's more for NCR: talks are at an advanced stage for a Championship track 1.1kms long at Gurgaon as well but from a different group. So finally, North India will get some much needed racing tracks for Go Kart enthusiasts.
Pushkarm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 00:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Charge 240 Rs for 5 minutes. They do track your lap timing, which is a good thing. They only allowed using 7hp karts though. Lap record is 40.696 by Ashwin Sundar. The best time I could manage was 45.817, may be I could knock another 2.5 sec on a good day. Any ways it was good fun.

And yeah, what a good I had today, the best I could manage was 41.714 Sec. I am sure with good practice, I could break in to 40's. Oh BTW Ashwin put a new lap record of 38.9XX.

With proper practice and good dedication I am sure one can break into 40's easily. Had an opportunity to drive along with national level karters, boy they were consistently doing 39 - 40's. I ran wide on one turn, they over took me. I tried tailing them only to get spun few turns later .

Breaking the 40 second barrier is one thing, but to do it consistently under pressure is totally different ball game.

One kart which I drove had severe understeer while taking right u-turns, when I told the problem to the mechanic, Mr Mohan, he immediately attended that kart. The issue was with the front right wheel, it had slightly more toe - in.

It is good fun, but not to forget its equally dangerous too. Saw few wannabe trying to be the next Schumi, you know those type. Called us to join their group for a race. I told them, you could beat your own lap timing, it would be more fun.

They both started chasing each other, drifting in the corners like crazy. So when one guy got some lead, he slowed down so that the other guy could catch up, when the other guy carrying some good speed came near him, he started accelerating to the first corner. they both turned in, and bang, the accelerating guy spun few times and crashed in to the barrier. He was shaken a bit but continued on.

Oh the next incident was even more scary.Once the red flag is being flagged every kart will slowly turn in to the pits. We were going to drive next, so with helmet and jacket on, were standing near the karts in the pit lane. All the karts except two has entered the pits. Then we heard the marshall shouting "Hit the brake, BRAKE, BRAKEEE". I turned back all I could see was a kart coming straight towards me. I jumped, luckily he missed me by few inches only to be stopped by the tyre barrier. The mistake done by me was that I entered the pits before all karts came in. Point taken.
Old 20th June 2012, 00:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Better camera angle.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 18:58   #44
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the ECR speedway has started losing shine already. Met many at Kart Attack this week who said the karts at ECR are not great anymore.

We took some time off RC car testing to do some karting. Have an international race coming up and we needed a stress buster. Took the 270cc member karts, way better maintained and faster than regulars.

Was lot of fun and workout. Driving karts after 6 years. Could only manage best of 23.2sec after 10 laps while faster friends were doing 18s and 19s. I know that difference is equal to a life time in kart timing. My best was 20s something, when I drove years ago, so I am below average driver. Kids do better.
Old 6th August 2012, 23:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

ECR speedway now has the Rotax karts. Really fast, but need to be careful. One accident claimed the axle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks