Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 13:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

I will be joining you guys, dunno how car will perform in chennai heat . maybe a rest for sometime after 2-3 laps will be fine hehe. but everyone sud keep a eye on the temp meter for anything unusual. and Palios are normally hot haha

also is there any benefit any filling high octane fuel for track day ? will speed 97 does any good ? i am not asking in terms of performance but will it be better for engine ?
Old 22nd April 2008, 14:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

With the way this is shaping, I am guessing that the track day might not take place as planned. Anyway will keep an eye on this thread.

Rahul, put up a poll to decide how many are driving and how many are going to be spectators. This way we can get a fair idea on the number of confirmations.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Oh delicate darlin..there are enough RS running in Chennai in the heat and they do withstand that..dont they? Let me tell you that most RS owners clip..cos thats the way that car has to be driven: LOL

Wished you could come this time..I Come on guys,,dont be a sissy, Bangalore heat is pretty dry that burns your skin, unlike Chennai where we sweat it out. Come on V1p3r, I was looking forward to meeting up with you guys!
Have noticed the European cars have an issue with being redlined on Indian tracks in summer, and this is from personal experience. Nothing major, just that the temperature needle climbs past the normal halfway mark. That's not something I'm comfortable with, especially if my car were to be modded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But, if we are talking normal unmodded rides, I do not see any reason why our cars should not be able to take this heat and more. A simple example. I have done Chennai-Kerala drives many times in this kind of weather, a distance of close to 800kms, done in a single stretch of 14-16 hours driving, with a 15min break every 2-3 hours, max speeds between 100-140kmph, depending on road conditions.

Is a few hours on track going to be more strenuous than that ?
Yes, much more so. Though I don't think stock rides should have a problem. Just get plenty of coolant and keep an eye on your gauge. Of course, your car is Japanese, so that's an advantage to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
I will be joining you guys, dunno how car will perform in chennai heat . maybe a rest for sometime after 2-3 laps will be fine hehe. but everyone sud keep a eye on the temp meter for anything unusual. and Palios are normally hot haha

also is there any benefit any filling high octane fuel for track day ? will speed 97 does any good ? i am not asking in terms of performance but will it be better for engine ?
No benefit on the fuel. And please be careful with your Palio, and keep an eye on the temp gauge. The only time I saw anything go wrong with a stock car on track was when 5U3ZER0's 1.6 GTX blew a radiator hose and sprayed my car with coolant. Luckily Nitrous was with him, and saw the needle shoot into the red.
Old 22nd April 2008, 15:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

I hope the meet happens. I'm willing to pay an entry fee. And, while i'm there help the organizers, in any way i can.
Old 22nd April 2008, 16:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Rahul are you taking your car to track? More importantly are you driving it on track? Or do you just intend to play around with other people's cars?
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Organisers, please confirm dates, time and cost. There is only 3 more days to go. A few friends want to confirm. We all need to make plans accordingly. Would there be any cars or formulas on rent?
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Have noticed the European cars have an issue with being redlined on Indian tracks in summer, and this is from personal experience. Nothing major, just that the temperature needle climbs past the normal halfway mark. That's not something I'm comfortable with, especially if my car were to be modded.

Yes, much more so. Though I don't think stock rides should have a problem. Just get plenty of coolant and keep an eye on your gauge. Of course, your car is Japanese, so that's an advantage to begin with.

I agree, V1p3r, My Korean ride had the needle shoot upto 3/4th of the temp gauge that has never happened before. I had never touched 4000 rpm on the car until that date..

But a slowdown lap just after the session and also an idle time of 10 minutes kept things under control.

Thats when i learnt that even modern cars had their temp gauges workin past the half way mark!

and FYI, my car is in stock form.

This time, i plan to bring a modded vehicle to play with! Ofcourse that does not have a Turbo: LOL

Last edited by headers : 22nd April 2008 at 18:55.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

Temps are nothing to do with tempmeter needle position of different cars, i mean you can't compare temp of different cars by position of needle, it just says cold to hot . doesn't say xx*c to yy*c, so it depends upon the manufacturer of the meter that in normal condition where the needle stays

also in the case of FIAT the temp meter is too sensitive, like it changes too fast, it doesn't happen in few Japanese cars which we have in family ......

Last edited by Rahulkool : 22nd April 2008 at 18:57.
Old 22nd April 2008, 18:57   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
The only time I saw anything go wrong with a stock car on track was when 5U3ZER0's 1.6 GTX blew a radiator hose and sprayed my car with coolant. Luckily Nitrous was with him, and saw the needle shoot into the red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Temps are nothing to do with tempmeter needle position of different cars, i mean you can't compare temp of different cars by position of needle, it just says cold to hot . doesn't say xx*c to yy*c, so it depends upon the manufacturer of the meter that in normal condition where the needle stays

Lookin forward to seeing you and your ride this saturday!
Old 22nd April 2008, 19:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Would there be any cars or formulas on rent?
Nope. This is a pay and practice and not an official track day organised by MMSC.
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Any updates guys ?? please don't tell me its cancelled :(
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:10   #72
BHPian

God i hope this happens. I have never been to the track, and it would just be an awesome experience for me. So how many people driving? and how many spectators like me?? :P
Old 23rd April 2008, 12:44   #73
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Rahul are you taking your car to track?
NO! Because its not in running condition. Work will start on it once I am done with my exams next month.

Quote:
More importantly are you driving it on track?
The day my car is ready, I will be taking it to Chennai to drive it on track and to teach my gf track driving. I don't need an invitation to drive my car on track. Its a habit of mine to visit the track atleast once in 2-3 months. Sadly, havent been able to do so over the last 6 months due to work.

Quote:
Or do you just intend to play around with other people's cars?
Let me clear out this bit now. Till date I have driven only two cars for more than 5 laps on track IIRC. One is Akshay's baleno. The other is memo's baleno.

To begin with, right from day 1 I always wanted to take my zen or baleno to track. Akshay was insistent on taking his baleno to track in lieu of my zen because he wanted to learn the trades of handling his car (and you cant argue with his convincing skills). I gave in as we all were pooling in for the 1st two track days and 3 out of 4 guys (I was the only one who preferred driving the zen on track) voted for the blue baleno.

Memo voluntarily asked me to test his car for him while he tested mine. The relationship the two of us had is something no one on this forum can/will understand. There have been times when our parents would get confused whose car was at home. Often he would take my car to his place and my dad would put in his spare baleno key into memo's car only to find out it wouldn't unlock .

Also, my baleno and zen have visited every hand possible in my friends circle and on tbhp with a million people driving it, belting it, redlining it and god knows what all. Some even came close to totalling it, others did a 720 deg spin, while others left burnt tire marks for over 60 mtrs on hard breaking.

If my memory serves me right, the only damage I caused on anyones car in my life was when Akshay's tire got punctured (or should I say totalled) on the 2nd track day.You are free to ask around with anyone if I have anyday played around with anyones car to satisfy my whims and fancies.

I have always tried everything I wished to on my OWN CAR and my car is by far clocked twice as more kms on track than any other BHPians who have attended track days (save farhan, sawan and co who literally live on track).

While everyone were sucking upto Keshav and you to let them drive your turbo cars I can't recollect once having asked either of you the keys to your cars. Though it was nice of Keshav to let me drive his car twice (not because I asked or didn't, but because it was unavoidable as his car had to be transported and he had to go to office and didn't trust anyone else with his car in those days).

I am willing to take a public poll on how many people think I PLAYED AROUND with their cars. Maybe then you will get your answer.

The last track day that happened at CBE, I sacrificed driving my own car the whole day so that the event could run smoothly and i could dedicate my time to the running of the event instead. I drove my car for just 10 laps and 1 lap on Anush's car. I can't recollect having driven anyone elses car (except akshay's) since the 1st two track days and once memo's car on an unoffical track session we had to test suspension.

If I have, its been 2 cars (cant remember whose) for 2 laps each to show them the racing lines and THATS IT! So kindly get your facts right before pointing fingers at someone.

Also please do ask around who holds the title for "Belting everyones car". I don't figure anywhere in the list. Ask Keshav for the answer when you meet him next.

PS: In case you are referring to the elantra I was talking about testing on track. Let me just inform you that I am accompanying Satya (brraj's friend) to teach him the lines and other trades of track. NOT TO BELT HIS CAR!

PS2: I have never done anything on someone elses car that I have not tried with my own car. I would like to keep it that way.

PS3: I learnt from Jay and Binz that Akshay was planning to host a track day this month as well (got to know only after I had already booked the track). Surprised he never thought about the heat while asking people if they would come to the event he was organizing. Had I known earlier I would be glad to let him handle all this headache.

@REST: All of you who are still interested in driving their cars on track kindly sms your confirmations with your Tbhp-handles and cars on +919739961019. If numbers are good we will meet on track on 26th afternoon.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 23rd April 2008 at 12:51.
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Lol, why is everyone getting all hot already? Save the heat for the track. Wait, don't save it, there's enough heat there already...

Anyway, yes Mcl, I wanted to hit the track, but then the heat and the fact that I really wanted to drive the Baleno have both put paid to my immediate plans of hosting one. I've just spent an enormous amount on rebuilding the front suspension and changing bearings all around (8k for rear hubs!), and this is just the maintenance, to speak nothing of the mods.

PS: You can't have booked the track if it's a regular pay-and-practice session, can you? Or have the MMST rules changed?
Old 23rd April 2008, 20:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, coolant splaash....

Meet you all on 26th.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks