Team-BHP - How badly was the speedrun managed ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   How badly was the speedrun managed ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/4033-how-badly-speedrun-managed.html)

sure there were beautiful cars that we oogled at all day , and sum really well modified cars and bikes that we saw racing , but what about the people who came all the way , managed to find their cars a tight paking place and then never got a chance to witness the much awaited action .

i myself got in with most of the bhp members present there on saturday , and had an amazing time , but then on sunday i got there at arnd 11.30 am and forget getting through the special entrance even the normal entrance ( for all the spectators ) was shut , infact any lane through those slums leading to any view had cops chasing the visitors away .

sure these guys had to organise a major event and all and i'm sure all of us even admire the fact that atleast we have a drag event organised but all i m saying is that they could have done much better , atleast there should be something done abt this in the next drag scheduled for delhi and in the future .

best regards -
manson .

Very badly organized and was a disgrace. Timings were not even announced in time. Very very sad issue

just got the news that a Busa crashed. Hope the rider is fine. The bike was in a pretty bad shape.

Hope the busa rider is ok!

Echo the thought manson.. was there today. Didn't get to see a single drag. Managed to get to the pit area and got some pics so I guess I shouldn't be complaining when half the people were just waiting down patiently.

No doubt its a difficult task, but the organisation could've been much better.

The Mumbai Speed Run was really a disgrace.......Competitors who failed to qualify were not allowed cars on the 2nd day. Moreover getting in with Competitor passes was a problem too. IT WAS MORE OF A VIP & VVIP DRAG RACE/EVENT Today (Sunday). They should have told us earlier that cars of participants who have not qualified would not be allowed.
People without any passes/competitor's cards blocked all possible views available to us. Wonder how they got in??

I decided to go down and go through the public area.....but that was closed too.

The event was badly managed by the concerned authorities. **** scene!!

Horrible management ........ hope it improves the next time and we have drag races at least twice a year.

Just heard from my friend who was present there that the Busa driver suffered Rib injuries and fractures.

Busa was in pieces.

the speed run 2005 mumbai ... was the most unorganised event i had ever seen ... there was a total chaos at the venue ... the managment was not clear about things . ... and like n1 said ... participants where treated very badly ... actually speaking it was really a v.v.v.i.p event .....we cud not watch the drag ... as there where pushing us out .... and the best part was that they were abusing the crowd .... i guess if this is it .... its gonna take a ugly turn out .....thats all to say for now .... keep ...racing .. and keep burning..out ...

Looks loke only guys who get to see anything are the pg 3 mob

here are some car's that dint race on the qualifying day due to lack of management and crowd running on the race track .... The race was stopped when these car's had to race.

Image -1

Image-2

Image-3

Image-4

Image-5

Man...the "management" Sucked ... there were MORE ppl waitin down than there were on top at the drags... i managed to sneak past the security n go up...just to find out that ppl "trying" to watch the drags were bein sent off by volunteers...sheesh...
managed to witness just biut 4-5 drags..(i consider myself lucky)
hope the scene improves..

The most unorganised event ever to be conducted was the speed run 2005, but they did learn a lesson from yesterday and made sure that no one runs around on the track. The worst part of the entire event was the accident, they should have anticipated that the riders who are charged up for 400 metres would need some special training to negotiate a sharp right after the finish line (at 200kph+ the turn is very sharp).

it was totally hopeless. good for nothing cant control crowd no nothing. both days people were everywhere even on the tracks . they were some bikes between tracks when they were not even racing. hopeless 2004 was way much better. hope they dont do adverts at all.

can anyone who was lucky enough to watch tell me hwich hayabusa was it , coz i knew the dude on the silver busa , unfortunately didnt get o watch anything so have no idea abt any action .
and yeah when i was tryin to enter i ve heard all wierd things like " WE DIDNT EXPECT SO MANY PEOPLE TO COME " this was told to me by a senior person , watt sense does that make when you're organising an event in a city with a population of 2 crores .

manson .

i was there at the place .....it was not the guy whom u talking about ...it ws the other guy....not his busa was not silver ....

was it the 2005 busa.....?