Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2008, 06:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

India's first privately-run motorsport club

BANGALORE: A group of businessmen and professional auto racers has come together to establish India’s first privately-run motorsports club in the country’s technology capital.

Called Red Rooster Racing (RRR), the club has announced teams in a range of disciplines, including car-racing, motorcycling and cycling with the aim of nurturing them into world-class outfits.

RRR’s promoters include former Nutrine Confectionery owner Dinesh Reddy and entrepreneurs Deepak Mathew and Kumar Nadig. The club has roped in former national motor-racing champion Leela Krishnan and Andrew Morrice of Mezzo International in Singapore as technical directors.

RRR’s promoters include former Nutrine Confectionery owner Dinesh Reddy and entrepreneurs Deepak Mathew and Kumar Nadig. The club has roped in former national motor-racing champion Leela Krishnan and Andrew Morrice of Mezzo International in Singapore as technical directors.

“This is an initiative that will harness potential from one of the largest sources of talent in the world. To make this venture profitable we will tap the growing interest in motor sports as a platform for brand building to augment our resources. We are in talks with all the leading brands in India for sponsorships,” Mr Reddy said.

RRR has so far spent Rs two crore to set up the teams and plans to invest an additional Rs 15 crore on racing infrastructure, including a velodrome and a race track. It is scouting for land close to Bangalore. “We will need about 150 acres to set up quality racing infrastructure that can attract Asian events. The club will launch its merchandise in the near future,” manager Bharath Prasad said

READ ON
Old 8th June 2008, 08:22   #2
BANNED

This is good news. Nice to know that finally in our country, Motorsports is being taken more seriously and people are getting into it with more interest. This club has some good quality people from the racing and motorsports arena. Hope the outcome will be very good and fruitfull.

The idea of a Velodrome is awessome! will be a first ever in India. We will get to see more powerful racers pouring in too.
RRR!!! Reminds me of the fan following a Sheikh has in Ajman, UAE. :

Last edited by speedzak : 8th June 2008 at 08:25.
Old 8th June 2008, 08:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

That's good news for the auto enthusiast. In fact, there is one more private/professional rally group that the auto enthusiasts can leverage. It's called 'slipstream'. http://www.slipstream.in

Also, one can take training/tips from the classes that Jagat conducts pretty often

The more avenues we have, the better it is.
Old 8th June 2008, 10:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
That's good news for the auto enthusiast. In fact, there is one more private/professional rally group that the auto enthusiasts can leverage. It's called 'slipstream'. http://www.slipstream.in

Also, one can take training/tips from the classes that Jagat conducts pretty often

The more avenues we have, the better it is.

Are you sure you have the right link? It says domain expired.
Old 8th June 2008, 10:29   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Are you sure you have the right link? It says domain expired.
oooppppssss..!!!!!!. Sorry mate.. Looks like that they have some issues here.. The website was working till few weeks ago when I last visited..
Old 8th June 2008, 11:01   #6
BHPian

wah! The first proper motorsports club in India and a racetrack too

Dinesh Reddy is an avid biker as well having done and sponsored the Bharat Parikrama alongwith Navroze Contractor,so this means more than business to him. Hope this venture is successful in giving motorsports in India a big boost.
Old 8th June 2008, 12:28   #7
BHPian

wait wait let me see! wheres kartikeyans,chandoks,and ebrahims, we got leela here.
Heres is the scenario of our racing and tuning scene in india.All these guys are sitting and dicussing over this
Just meant to have fun

INDIA: oh my car gives 20 kmpl you know!I need more kms per litre more more
Leela: Hey you know im the best in india for turbo setup
Narain: Ah I drove for jordan F1 100 years back, I am the fastest driver for India.
Karun: hey I could have won but I that guy slammed me at the back.
Armaan: Crap Im too young for this, and I am inexperienced.but let me try that mclaren formula1 car.
vijay mallya: Ah my f1 team will make it up to podium after I sack off ceo of my IPL team.
India:No we dont need all of this, I want to save money from this fuel prices.
Peter: Hey we have the greatest remaps and tuning boxes in the world and a nice place to advertise my stuff(nutrine race track).
India: Does your remap gives more mileage?
Peter : certainly it gives more power and mileage too.
INDIA :REALLY WOW!and nothing happens to my engine.
Peter: Yes . Nothing.Infact your maintaince costs will go down

Now nutrine has a race team and a track after raymonds quater mile drag event.Guys please continue if you can

Last edited by west : 8th June 2008 at 12:43.
Old 8th June 2008, 12:48   #8
BHPian

Dont you think like there more private motor sport clubs than mentioned "2" definitly more than two
Old 8th June 2008, 13:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Now nutrine has a race team and a track after raymonds quater mile drag event.Guys please continue if you can

I don't think you know much about Dinesh Reddy or RRR.
Old 8th June 2008, 13:22   #10
BHPian

Sports Minister: India please bear with us, as inflation rose, we dont have any sports events sponsored by govt of india for next zillion year.
Team bhp: Got bhp.. log on to team-bhp.com
Inida on teambhp forum: If I out these thin tyres will I get more mileage, may be like 50kmph.
Iraghava: Ofcourse, but you can go for this ultra thin tyres done by michelins to get 100kmph, but stick to that 10 inch wheels, they mean a lot to the vehicle and its my order.
OZ wheels: Sir take these 19 inch wheels for your m800 they look great,ofcourse you need to pay slightly higher price over ordinary wheels like 1 lakh more.
India: nono these hr and lenso wheels are far better, they cost 1 rupee per wheel and more over they look just as oz's.

Sankar sir, I dont know Dinesh reddy sir or RRR and I dont mean to expliot them. All I am saying is India might not be ready for full fledged racing.

Last edited by west : 8th June 2008 at 13:25.
Old 9th June 2008, 00:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

@west-bhai, India was not ready for Pokhran and satellites also, given its pre-occupation with poverty and misery, but some people took it upon themselves to make it happen. Such people care little for dogmas and ideology.

BTW, your humour is a bit too heavy to understand by us lesser mortals. It is unclear what you were subjecting to satire and what you were getting at, especially when you are using handles of TBHPians as a part of your satire (not a good style, one must say). I am sure you will catch the drift.
Old 9th June 2008, 00:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Sankar sir, I dont know Dinesh reddy sir or RRR and I dont mean to expliot them. All I am saying is India might not be ready for full fledged racing.
Starting a private club and developing a basic infrastructure to promote racing in India without even taking a penny from the national treasury is something only a very few could do or would do, it is driven by passion. If not hundreds i'm sure this little venture would give employment to atleast 10 or 20 people.

Let the people who want to race race in a safe and controlled environment, whats the harm?

Dear West, calling me Sankar would do just fine. I have not been knighted yet!
Old 9th June 2008, 09:07   #13
BHPian

west, if all of us said that india was not ready and sat back, we would still be in the empire raj. what if Gandhi had said india is not ready for freedom and sat back? think about it.....
Old 9th June 2008, 09:46   #14
Senior - BHPian

There is a group of enthusiasts in goa who had a small racing set up , with very little funds, who did the Two event in goa, and after the second event Goa Government is providing fund to run car in INRC this season... there are big plans from here too, keep an eye on the Mysore Stage, there are two cars [drivers]from goa, this time....first time ever..car For Vaibhav is been built here by some of us.
As of now we can not build a race track like RRR, but we will get there some day. as of now we have a permanent venue for organizing Autocross and testing/practice for rally cars/drivers.

@west there is always the first step for every thing. RRR did it big way, we are doing it, why is this like a joke.
Old 9th June 2008, 10:23   #15
Senior - BHPian

This is great news!
I think every big city in India should have a track

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks