Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Would you pay Rs 150 as enterance to watch the Speedrun?
Yes, very happily 74 78.72%
Ok, although i feel its rather expensive 11 11.70%
No, its too much money to spend on Speedrun 1 1.06%
No, it should be a free event to propogate motorsport 8 8.51%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2005, 17:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
the point Revvhead is trying to make is that many people can become crazy about cars after attending the speedrun. of course there will be a few that wouldnt care about it at all and are there just for tp
seriously how many people have you met who were not at all into motorsports were happy to get 12kmpl from their M800 & suddenly after watching SpeedRun one ever totally converted into Petrol heads?

i haven't met any of such people, & those avarage Joe indian would rather complain about petrol being wasted
Old 14th July 2005, 18:33   #62
BHPian

I'll pay more than that....

You know what guys...at the B'lore Speed Run, there were more number of urchins and other people who had no idea as to what was going on..By paying that 150 or even more upto 500, if we are guarenteed much better places and shelter I would be more than happy to shell out that much money.
The other thing is that......the number of places to eat could increase and the so can the quality.
I was there at Jakkur from morning 9 to 5.30 or so....and the place was flooded with spectators who had no knowledge of anything.
Infact there can be a place where people dont have to pay at all....provided there is enough place to accomodate the people who can pay.
Old 14th July 2005, 20:08   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
the point Revvhead is trying to make is that many people can become crazy about cars after attending the speedrun. of course there will be a few that wouldnt care about it at all and are there just for tp
thank you khanak, thats my point exactly

Aadya, i'm not saying that everyone is gonna head home after that an stick on a free flow. But there will be some who will be interested in it. some of those guys will later when they can, go on and do it.

or there may be people who are ineterested but have no idea about what all can be achieved, they just wandered over to the speedrun and got a clue about it.

Ok, Let me ask you this, Put your money where your mouth is-
this id for all you guys-

If Team BHP was a pay site,
and you came across it (however it is that you found out about it)
Would you have closed your eyes and paid up for it??
Be honest here, You have very little idea about the site,
Yes its an auto site et all, would you shell out the cash
and go for it.
How many internet sites are you subscribed to?
Or as an Auto enthusiast, how many Auto/Racing internet sites are you a paid subscriber to?
Where do you get yr up to date formula one news from ??
If it turned into a pay site, would you pay up and continue visiting it?
Believe me, very few actually would.
AtlasF1 (Autosport_atlas) is the best F1 site in the world
When it went into a pay model, most of the people visiting it dropped out, despite the fact that they were enthusiasts &
that the content improved.

( I know, coz i'm a subscriber)
All these guys still use the Atlas F1 Bulltin board though, why - Coz its free. And Atlas decided to keep it that way, so that they dont lose all the enthusiasts, Its something they do as a service,
for the love of the sport

Which is kinda like the staggered pay system i was supporting,
Expensive seats for the total enthusiasts
and 10-20 bucks / or free & not as up close to the action for the casual observer
anyway, thas my 2-c
Old 14th July 2005, 21:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and you came across it (however it is that you found out about it)
Would you have closed your eyes and paid up for it??
at first if it would have been paid forum then no i wouldn't have paid
however NOW if this site becomes paid & if i can afford it (being student you are always on tight budget) then i would pay for it

Quote:
Where do you get yr up to date formula one news from ??
If it turned into a pay site, would you pay up and continue visiting it?
Believe me, very few actually would.
I generally get my info from F1.com, F1racing.net, F1-live.com, Grandprix.com & F1db (formula1 forum) & NO I am not subscribed to any paid sites because other free GOOD alternatives exist.
BUT
i never use any sort of advertisment blocking software (i know quite a few softwares which do a very good job at blockings ads) because that is how those websites are kept free.

coming back to topic
pls show me one person who had no interest in racings at all & after watching one event he got totally hooked (& be honest here)
Old 14th July 2005, 22:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

150rs is worth every penny, and ofcourse u should be provided a good view and make it dustfree(not like bangalore)
Old 14th July 2005, 23:16   #66
Senior - BHPian

By not charging a fee, you are turning away genuine fans who stay away because of the dust, crowd and chaos.

If the event was well organized many families with kids would show up and its kids like these that are future revheads.
Old 14th July 2005, 23:29   #67
lancer_mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
By not charging a fee, you are turning away genuine fans who stay away because of the dust, crowd and chaos. .
thats exactly what i was thinking.people who are genuinely interested in cars dont go because of the crowd and chaos.they hardly get to see anything.so by charging a fee only those who are interested will attend at they can obiously use that fee to arrange for facilities for the viewers.for example some shade , a refreshment stand.etc.

Maniax

Old 15th July 2005, 02:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
at first if it would have been paid forum then no i wouldn't have paid
however NOW if this site becomes paid & if i can afford it (being student you are always on tight budget) then i would pay for it

coming back to topic
pls show me one person who had no interest in racings at all & after watching one event he got totally hooked (& be honest here)

Exacty my original point, that to be drawn into the forum it had to be free, after which becoming enthused you would pay for it

Which you translate to in this scenario , you get drawn to a track day, like what you see and then pay for the better seats & view the next time- fair enough??

And secondly- You revv a soup-ed up car in front of anone and they all go aaah at the sound, one of those will convert.
And yes honestly i can say it does convert people, not everyone, but a percentage (and a small one at that in all probability)

I got a friend to see a MotoGp weekend once with me,
and he was hooked coz the action was so awesome.

My car used to be completely stock, till i came across a friends palio and was blown away by it.
the nest thing i did was to go buy a K&N

Mpower- you have a really good point there, which is why i suggest the staggered ticket system, the guys who pay get the better facilities nd get up close to the cars, croed control happens and the guys who dont, get to watch, but not as close up but enough to get a feel of the thing
Old 15th July 2005, 04:19   #69
BHPian

i would not mind paying but the control or management on venue should be worth paying ,
i really like the way GORDON has shown the layout i wish organisers take note of it and provide a better experience to the spectators
Old 15th July 2005, 10:06   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
Mpower- you have a really good point there, which is why i suggest the staggered ticket system, the guys who pay get the better facilities nd get up close to the cars, croed control happens and the guys who dont, get to watch, but not as close up but enough to get a feel of the thing
So revvhead, after all your "free racing for all" campaign, you understand what we are talking about and agree that a nominal fee must be charged in order for this, or any event to be run in a safe and organised manner.
Old 15th July 2005, 11:13   #71
BHPian

revvtech,
Well its not really a campaign,
But more on the point of being able to reach out to the Maximum number or people,
and getting people who are not involved into the whole deal, by making it as accesible as possible.

I have from the beginning maintained, that it should be reasonable. I was most definitely against 1000 buck tickets - Even in a graded system!

Yeah have a pass to get into the paddock, get to see the cars up close, peek into their engine bays and the like.

the fear with that is of course, very soon one ends up having VIP passes, then those are the only guys who paid a 1000Greens get up close, the normal public will get close to the action but never to the cars

My main worry is that people get cut off !! and my main objection was o some of the high pricing suggested & also against those who wanted it to be exclusively for current enthusiasts- thus stifling the growth of motorsport

Quoting myself here!!- my first post on the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead

By pricing it out of average joe, how are you gonna popularise mtorsport, part of what the speed run is all about.

As suggested you can have different levels of prices- for passes if thats the way you wanna go and have the free section beyond that
Old 15th July 2005, 11:38   #72
Team-BHP Support

On that note, I think we have exhausted all thoughts on this subject for now. Maybe we will feel the need to reopen it again after the next event, but till then, this thread is closed.
Old 20th February 2007, 02:33   #73
Team-BHP Support

Update! - (2 years after the thread was originally started )

Editor of ACI - Hormazd Sorabjee says :

Quote:
Thanks for your mail and feedback Satish.

Yes, I am well aware that there huge problems for the spectators and team-bhp members, many of whom I know personally. We had a problem of limited spectating space because CIDCO couldn't clear certain areas in time for us to make proper stands for the general public.

However, we have taken this feedback on board and the next time we will ticket the event so that we can invest in proper stands, refreshments and amenities to make this an enjoyable experience. I am hopeful that the next event will be at a different level to those in the past few years.

Best wishes,

Hormazd
The above mail from him is an excerpt from a thread after the 2007 Mumbai Speedrun - view the thread

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th February 2007 at 02:34.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks