Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2008, 10:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hold on a sec? Will you be RAID-ing or DSLRing?

Those are two different things and quite exclusive in what I've observed last few years!

That said, best wishes!
Old 23rd August 2008, 00:24   #17
BHPian

Withdrawing from RDH

First of all thanks to

- phamilyman
- m-hawk
- vvnagan
- Sudev
- nkapoor777

for your replies and advice.

Its quite dissapointing for me to opt out of the rally at this last moment especially when I was almost done with the paper work, payments and other formalities. ( Plus the car I had purchased for it - Swift LDi )

Folks, my wife is on the family way and I guess i would be going through a whole new 'adventure' over the next few months !!

Pray I get to do this next year !

- Sameer
+91.98.106.20882
Old 23rd August 2008, 06:38   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Daddy to be..yep a whole new set of adventures await you!!

As they say "drive" with caution... ;-)
Old 1st October 2008, 06:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Raid is getting good media coverage- 2nd article that came in 2 days
Flag-off is tomorrow - good luck everyone.

http://sify.com/sports/fullstory.php?id=14768850

150 teams in fray in India’s highest motorsport event

Nw Delhi: The 10th edition of the Maruti Suzuki Raid-de-Himalaya, India’s longest, highest and most strenuous motorsport event, is all set to be flagged off on October 2 from Shimla. With around 150 teams in the fray, the eight-day event, will witness the maximum participation this year. The year’s Maruti Suzuki Raid De Himalaya will end on October 9th at Leh.

Some 250 motorsport enthusiasts across three categories – 80 in X-treme (for professionals), 130 in Adventure Trial (for amateurs) and 40 in the third category for 2-wheelers will vie for the coveted title. Among the participants will be eight doughty women rallyists. Ms. Klaudia Honeder from Austria will be participating for the second time in the 2-wheeler category.

Maruti Suzuki Raid-de-Himalaya, listed on the off-road rallies calendar of Switzerland-based FIM (Federation Internationale Motorcyclisme), is the only Indian motorsport event that draws attention from the international rallying circuit.

Three-time winner and defending champion Suresh Rana of Himachal Pradesh is all set to retain the title riding his Maruti Gypsy.

Maruti Suzuki Raid-de-Himalaya 2008 will continue its journey to Leh, inspite of extremely adverse weather conditions in recent weeks.

This year, the Raid will cover a distance of approx 2,400 kms, spread over 8 legs in 8 days. The rally will be flagged from Shimla on Oct 2 and will traverse through Manali, Kaza, Patseo, Leh, Kargil and Zanskar to culminate in Leh.

The Raid will pass through some of the most inhospitable terrains in the Western Himalayas. The Raid will climb over some of the highest motorable passes in the world including the Tanglang La, the second highest motorable passes in the world. Other lofty mountain passes including Jalori Pass, Rohtang Pass, Kunzum La, and the formidable Baralacha La are part of this year’s challenge.

The Maruti Suzuki Raid-de-Himalaya rally, on an average, covers a distance of 300 kms in a day. About 60 per cent of a day’s drive would be through the narrowest of the roads snaking along high narrow mountainsides.

The rally routes will be different for participants in X-treme and Adventure Trial this time.

Highest ever participation of 150 teams ·
Total Distance : 2,400 Km; ·
Will cross 11 of the world’s highest passes

The 10th Raid-de-Himalaya will run in three separate versions:

Xtreme: This version is the toughest of the lot and is open only to those 4 wheeler drivers who have prior rallying experience and have competed in one of the earlier editions of the Maruti Suzuki Raid-de-Himalaya or Maruti Suzuki Rally Desert Storm.

Adventure Trial : This version will run on some challenging routes and is open to those motorsport enthusiasts who would like to take on the Himalayas but without the tough competition, difficulty and stress involved in the Xtreme. This section is open only to stock cars with certain safety-related modifications.

Bikes Xtreme: This section is open to 2-wheelers of all types and makes but there are certain regulations that the bikers will have to adhere to. Participants in this category are probably the bravest of the raiders, as they have to face the hostile weather and tough terrains without the comforts of a cabin surrounding them.
Old 3rd October 2008, 00:00   #20
Senior - BHPian

Very exciting, and tough competition this year. Just got back to Delhi after the flagoff yesterday. Snowfall is definitely going to shorten the rally, lets see how many days it can go on till.
Old 9th October 2008, 18:32   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Back today in Delhi (personal deadlines) while the Raid ends at Leh today with a gala party. Coming back over Baralacha La there was flurry of snowfall two days back but I hope it keeps open till all have crossed back tomorrow / day after.

Rana won the event fifth time in 4 wheels and Mudgil in 2 wheels.
Old 10th October 2008, 15:01   #22
BHPian

Final Results

XTREME 4 WHEELERS
1. Suresh Rana 03:16:42
2. Sanket Shanbagh 03:43:50
3. Harprit Singh Bawa 03:53:15
4. Cap. Amarinder S. Brar 03:59:21
5. Anil Wadia 04:07:49

XTREME 2 WHEELERS
1. Ashish Moudhgil 03:40:36
2. Sandeep S. Matharu 04:18:27
3. Prashant Kumar PK 04:22:29
4. Yogesh Lakhani 04:33:16
5. Karanbir Singh Bedi 04:33:50

ADVENTURE TRIAL
1. K. Prasad 19:26
2. Ajay Singh 19:47
3. Rajesh Chalana 37:55
4. J.S. Rana 45:43
5. Manoj Vaidya 46:33

Many Congratulations to all the Winners!!!
Old 13th October 2008, 20:35   #23

raid results

The results posted above were changed at the last moment to correct an error made between LEG 3 and LEG 4!!! Sanket is now at no 5. in 4W. Sandeep Matharu dropped out and the others have moved up a notch each.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks