Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2008, 16:41   #1
BHPian

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.

Please post the pics as soon as possible
Old 20th July 2008, 18:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Just Dirt II some random pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_f1 View Post
Please post the pics as soon as possible
I had been to the airport to pick up a friend and as i needed to buy some time just went to the track for about an hour or so and basically shot the pics and the videos @ random from the start line. The pics and videos are shot using a mobile and hence the quality is a compromise and am sure many others would add their videos and pics. Till then here are some

1.Chetan Shivram and Rupesh Kholay's ride

2. Balram and Raghuram of Kari Sports

3. A red Palio (Not sure about the driver's name)

4. An Alto which did a decent run

5. A swift which took part

I was in a hurry again and could not meet Riju or other Bhpians anyways, some more videos and pics will follow later.
Attached Thumbnails
Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081082.jpg  

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081086.jpg  

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081084.jpg  

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081083.jpg  

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081088.jpg  

Old 20th July 2008, 20:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Some more Pics and videos!

These are some more pics and videos from the Just Dirt II track today.

Videos here shot on camera phone and that too from the start point only and hence the quality is a compromise.

1. Red palio
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...sq%3D%26dm%3D1

2. Chetan Shivram and Rupesh Kholay's Ride

3. Vinay a first timer with his baleno

1 and 2 .Seen this souped up swift parked there outside.

3. Cars lined up to take the plunge.

4. The red palio towards the finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081090.jpg  

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081091.jpg  

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081085.jpg  

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-200720081087.jpg  

Old 21st July 2008, 10:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Guys ! Anybody who captured some good shots deep inside the track do post those pics. My pics and videos were only from the start line. Any updates about the results. I had to leave early , however seen a jeep carrying on those trophies to be given to the winners on my way back.
Old 21st July 2008, 12:38   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Guys ! Anybody who captured some good shots deep inside the track do post those pics. My pics and videos were only from the start line. Any updates about the results. I had to leave early , however seen a jeep carrying on those trophies to be given to the winners on my way back.

VJ,

Riju, Manik and myself where there sharp at 7:00am.(Guys 6:30am was the scheduled startup time)

Till 10:00am there was nothing to see and hear, what a big showdown.

Riju took a few Photos, waiting for him to post them.

Heard from the organisers there were 75 entries i could only see 7 - 5 participants.
Old 21st July 2008, 12:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
VJ,

Riju, Manik and myself where there sharp at 7:00am.(Guys 6:30am was the scheduled startup time)

Till 10:00am there was nothing to see and hear, what a big showdown.

Riju took a few Photos, waiting for him to post them.

Heard from the organisers there were 75 entries i could only see 7 - 5 participants.
Pavan ! yea i checked upon the thread before heading in the morning that you mentioned about a 6:00am showup there. As i had to go the airport in the afternoon, i chanced upon @ 11:30AM and was there till 12:30 PM and i did see there were many cars ready to take the plunge. Gosh, we missed each other then.
You could see from the pics above in my earlier threads about 5 to 6 participants and am not sure about those 75 entries though.
Old 21st July 2008, 13:31   #7
BANNED

VJ,

I was dissapointed by the turnout to the event.

But nice i drove my Bug full blast at 6.30 in the morning.

A good 65 kms on the whole.

These kind of events need to be more organised and participants have to show up on time, there's no fun or else.
Old 21st July 2008, 13:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
VJ,

I was dissapointed by the turnout to the event.

But nice i drove my Bug full blast at 6.30 in the morning.

A good 65 kms on the whole.

These kind of events need to be more organised and participants have to show up on time, there's no fun or else.
Yea ! I agree with you Pavan and damn missed a chance to see your bug, anyways will catch up with you some time later. I never knew that it would start off so early in the morning and hence decided to take a chance by sneaking in @ 11:30AM . Witnessed some nice runs by a few enthusiasts there.
Old 21st July 2008, 13:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.

Hola folks

Like you all know the Just Dirt II 2008 took place yesterday at Devanahalli en route Nandi Hills. Here is my take on the event organization and the event itself.

My adrenaline was running high since I was expecting a lot of action at the event and we planned to reach the venue by atleast 7am on Sunday. Called up Mallik on Saturday finalized the plan and ended up gulping kf draughts and watching a movie till 2am as usual.

Sunday morning saw us driving to the venue trying to keep up with the Lamborghini. Oh yes the car was right next to us and it was a merzmerizing experience by itself.

I was trying real hard to keep up with the car and he slammed the pedal only once and it was a sight to see the car take off. Thanks to you mate(owner) if you are reading this. The car is a real beast and yes I gotta a chance to revv my car to the redline to try and catch up with you(never happens you see) :P .

The car took a U-turn at the devanahalli airport to head back to Bangalore eventually.

Mallik, my bro' in law and myself made it to the venue by 7am and pavan kadam joined us about 30 mins later to the venue.

We waited endlessly for the event to start and it was an utter failure with regards to the start time mentioned. We should have realized that IST meant Indian Stretchable Time.
I know it takes a lot to organize such an event but then I think 4 hrs off the scheduled time to start is a little 2oo much to wait for.
( Akaash and Yogesh you did a good job mates and I really appreciate your initiative on the organizing front. )

Pavan lost patience and left by about 10:30am and thats when the event took off. Before he left pavan gave us the chance to be his guest and took us for a spin in his beetle. I loved it mate, the buggy sure is something worth taking a ride in.

Posting a few pics

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-3-medium.jpg

Den (winner of the mysore hill climb) doing a few trial runs.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-4-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-6-medium.jpg

His car ran into a hand brake problem during the trial run.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-7-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-1-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-2-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-8-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-12-medium.jpg

Name:  13 Medium.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  50.2 KB

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-14-medium.jpg

Look at the front left wheel.The car had taken a beating, I think this dude dint compete further on.

to be continued...

Last edited by theMAG : 21st July 2008 at 19:45. Reason: User request
Old 21st July 2008, 13:58   #10
BHPian

Event was fantastic. It started a bit late, but some seriously fast cars and drivers.

Have never seen any motorsport event begin at 7 AM till date !!
People wake up at 8 AM

cheers
Bullfrog
Old 21st July 2008, 14:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

continued ...

We found a good place in the eucalyptus groove and hence got a few shots too. The track layout was pretty ok and was really rough. Most of the cars took a sound beating at the open stretch and a few corners. There was one stretch which could be taken flat out and we were right there waiting to see the car going sideways.

The track could have been made a little more interesting by adding a few camel back humps (LOL) to make it easy for the photographers . Never the less well laid and the corners were pretty good.

As usual a few of the novices were braking too early into the corner and the car was loosing speed upfront. The seasoned one's did it sideways and we loved every bit of it.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-15-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-16-medium.jpg

This alto was running on wet tyres I think.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-17-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-18-medium.jpg

Right tyres ,excellent cornering by this black Alto.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-19-medium.jpg

I think this was a diesel Ford and entry in the diesel cars.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-20-medium.jpg

Heavy machinery on the track . The car was doing pretty well around the corners.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-21-medium.jpg

This Accent had a flat tyre in the 2nd/3rd run and was out of the event.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-22-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-23-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-24-medium.jpg

to be continued..
Old 21st July 2008, 14:23   #12
BANNED

rj,

Those snaps are out of the world.

Thanks for updating us on the action.

Waiting for some more dude.
Old 21st July 2008, 14:34   #13
BHPian

rj, those are beautiful pan shots. gives an excellent idea to those who couldnt make it.
Old 21st July 2008, 15:05   #14
Senior - BHPian

Things eventually started rolling off and the cars were lining up for their runs. Surprisingly when we spoke to Den Thimmaiah he did say that there was about 70 odd entries. However we spotted only a handful of cars at the venue.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-25-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-26-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-27-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-28-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-29-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-30-medium.jpg

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-31-medium.jpg

Name:  DSC_0323 Medium.jpg
Views: 1354
Size:  40.7 KB

This black baleno was doing pretty good and for a novice driver I think the car was being driven excellently. However in the last pic you can see the car lost ground and hit a bump and tuk a 180 degree turn. He lost about 30 secs here.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-32-medium.jpg

By now the heat, dust and hunger was catching up on us. We never had breakfast and only had biscuits with water. We agreed up on returning home since it was getting late too.

However when we head back here is what I find.

Just Dirt II 2008 - Bangalore !! Report for those who couldnt make it.-dsc_0339-medium.jpg

All we wanted to do now was get home and have some grub. Finally bid goodbye and headed home.

The only setback here was the time it took for the event to start. Else all in all it was a perfect day out. However I expected to see some of the rallying champs out there. Never the less Bangalore K1000 leg is still on .

Thanks for your time folks.

!!! K1000 here we come !!!
Old 21st July 2008, 17:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and report Riju. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

I can imagine the scene if the track was soaked with rains.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks