Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

View Poll Results: Do you want a Pay and Practice session every month ?
YEs, I want a Pay and Practise session every month 6 33.33%
No, I want a pay and practise session every 3 months 12 66.67%
Youre nuts to be talking Pay and Practise - We'll just watch! 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 20:20   #61
BHPian

Thank you all for the wonderful session at the track today. more pics and report soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Chennai Track Day on 27/07/08 - Pics and reports. EDIT: July 09 pics added-img-018-large.jpg  

Old 26th July 2009, 20:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

Wow Thanks to Petrol_Head; Venom_rider, bottle, neoranjit, slipstream who made it "on track" and thanks to Madan80, Saiyan, fiery_enzyme, hotrod and Nitrous for gracing the participants with your whistles.

It was a record meet of sorts where we got to go on track as well as have a great C-TBHP meet
Old 27th July 2009, 10:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
and thanks to Madan80, Saiyan, fiery_enzyme, hotrod and Nitrous for gracing the participants with your whistles.
I never knew that the white mistress could stay off the track even after reaching it.

A big disappointment for me, was hoping to do a first, but my esteem stalled 3 times within 20 minutes in the morning and I don't think it would have been wise for me to come to the track. I was desperately trying to get hold of someone to fix that, but couldn't.
Old 27th July 2009, 10:24   #64
BHPian

my very first track experience on 4 wheels and I absolutely LOVED it !
Went out crawling on my first lap and got to realize the hard way that even that crawl was a tad too fast for C2 ! With about 5 laps under my belt, I was far more confident, once even feather drifting all around the never ending C. All in all, I had fun, bucket loads of it in fact, and also felt happy that I didnt "punish" my car too hard.

Thanx to Vikram for showing me that you can be fast without pushing too hard and to Vijay & Madan for showing me the lines. The few lock ups and fish tails have only made me wiser and in the end has left me with a nice feeling of knowing my car's limits and has given me a lot more confidence while driving. Surprisingly, didnt feel the urge to rip on the highway, getting back home after the session, even when goaded a few times by some high revving cars wats happened to me ?
Old 27th July 2009, 10:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

OK, here comes my driving impression of the 3 cars I sampled on track courtesy the respective car owners and Nitrous for cheering me :

Ford Ikon 1.6 Rocam: Courtesy Petrol head:

A nice sporty machine that could be pushed upto 140-150 with ease on the rear stretch after c3 thru c4, c5 and also the back straight. The car has great accelaration and good cornering abilities and a wonderful engine with a nice "Roar".

There was a slight issue with braking but one gets used to it in a couple of laps. The timing was in the range on 2.20m.

Swift LDi 1.3 DDiS: Courtesy Slipstream:
A brand new car and on track - Man I had to be careful not to push her. Our man slipstream was all cool and telling me to feel her up.

The car was a breeze accelarated briskly and turned sharply. The brakes were maybe a trifle over servoed but his car had nice tyres that made the swift handle well. I did not push the car and was upshifting earlier than usual so that i do not rev the engine. The car did around 2.30m

Suzuki SX4: 1.6 Petrol:
Our man Neo was in the unusual drivers seat in his car on track as we were going around the track. The car seemed to have a lot less body roll than i imagined and was doing a decent 2.40 / 2.44 and that was his first time on track!

Got to sample her after 2 sessions and I got to say this car changed my perception i held about the SX4s.
The car accelarated well and braked well, cornered well etc much much better than expected: We managed 120s down the rear end of the track as we were nursing our tyres and restricting ourselves to 5000 RPM.

I also managed to have a nice tug with Venom_rider and Petrol_head both of whom overtook me after a lap or so not because they were faster - Its because I was not pushing

Last edited by headers : 27th July 2009 at 10:30.
Old 27th July 2009, 10:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Since I wasn't driving, I was timing everyone. There wasn't one car which broke 2.30 yesterday. I think petrol_head,bottle were doing ~2.30s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
I also managed to have a nice tug with Venom_rider and Petrol_head both of whom overtook me after a lap or so not because they were faster - Its because I was not pushing
You sound like an Aussie,now!
Old 27th July 2009, 10:56   #67
BHPian

was a great day... unfortunately car woud just not start on the way back from T. Nagar at close to 12 in the night. Seemed to have run out of fuel though the gauge showed atleast 7-8 litres still in the tank. Anyway not much that could have been done at that time so towed it to Arka's place as it was close by.

Where are the photos and videos? Venom Rider.. waiting for your on board shots dude... especially the C1 adventure...
Old 27th July 2009, 11:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I never knew that the white mistress could stay off the track even after reaching it.
No. The mistress did a couple of laps after all of us were done.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:18   #69
BHPian

The line-up of cars looks good.

One ISSUE!
It would have been good if you guys had informed us about the track day!
Some of us are longing to join you guys on the track!!

Next time, please keep us informed.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:21   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Thank you all for the wonderful session at the track today. more pics and report soon.
Why is Bottle's Tata Palio Station Wagon missing from the pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You sound like an Aussie,now!
That is a very Racist comment Bad Boy..
Old 27th July 2009, 11:43   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Why is Bottle's Tata Palio Station Wagon missing from the pic?
Not sure. May be he left by then ?

and Yeah, lets ban the racist guy
Old 27th July 2009, 13:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
No. The mistress did a couple of laps after all of us were done.
The exclusive test drive, eh?

That is not so VFM if you pay 1000 bucks a car. Amounts to 500 bucks for a lap, quite the most expensive lap in history !
Old 27th July 2009, 14:17   #73
BHPian

Totally agree with Raj!!

You guys should have let us know as well!! We have been waiting for one for quite a while now

Shrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
The line-up of cars looks good.

One ISSUE!
It would have been good if you guys had informed us about the track day!
Some of us are longing to join you guys on the track!!

Next time, please keep us informed.
Old 27th July 2009, 14:56   #74
BHPian

Quote:

That is not so VFM if you pay 1000 bucks a car. Amounts to 500 bucks for a lap, quite the most expensive lap in history !
Once you are on the track, you should not think about VFM. Every minute spent is VFM by itself
Old 27th July 2009, 15:05   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Totally agree with Raj!!

You guys should have let us know as well!! We have been waiting for one for quite a while now

Shrey
This was just an one off event that was decided the day before. The next time we shall plan it out and keep everyone informed in advance

Quote:

I doubt if it was paid for

Last edited by petrol_head : 27th July 2009 at 15:07.

Most Viewed