Team-BHP - Bangalore K-1000 Rally: Aug 8-10 2008. (Pg 3 with report and pics.)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Bangalore K-1000 Rally: Aug 8-10 2008. (Pg 3 with report and pics.) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/43242-bangalore-k-1000-rally-aug-8-10-2008-pg-3-report-pics.html)

Anyone from T-BHP participating?

Are there any plans for visiting and watching this in action? Let's plan to go there as a group and have some fun.

What say..???

BTW, I don't know the exact location of the spot where this will be held over 3 days and which day/location is best suited for watching and enjoying this.

The location remains the same as last year Sidlaghatta methinks.

This is the schedule as far as the bangalore leg is concerned. The recce and scrutiny happens during the previous days.

Aug8 - Leg1
Aug9 - Leg2
Aug10-SSS (palace grounds)

A few of us will be there to witness it and I think we have a few participants from t-bhp too.

Folks who are participating all the very best to you guys.Come back with flying colors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 921373)
The location remains the same as last year Sidlaghatta methinks.

And where would that be? Any pointers/directions for people living in South Bangalore?:)

So, do you suggest that Palace Grounds on the 10th is the best option to experience the K-1000? Or would that be some other place on the 8th/9th

yes, its the same stages as last year.

Recce is on 6th august.

There are quite a few places where spectators can watch the rally on 8th and 9th.
The stages are near siddlaghatta, which is around 80kms from bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedmiester (Post 921451)
yes, its the same stages as last year.

Recce is on 6th august.

There are quite a few places where spectators can watch the rally on 8th and 9th.
The stages are near siddlaghatta, which is around 80kms from bangalore.

T-BHP'ians Best of luck for those who are participating,

pls let us know. Count me in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 921428)
And where would that be? Any pointers/directions for people living in South Bangalore?:)

The venue is a little ahead of Devanahalli. I have no maps to the location, lemme see if I can get a road map to the venue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 921428)
So, do you suggest that Palace Grounds on the 10th is the best option to experience the K-1000? Or would that be some other place on the 8th/9th

Well each has his own preference, to me the event at palace grounds is more of a show event than a real back breaker. I prefer to see them drive through unchartered territory and kick up some dust and stones.

Its fun to see them go sideways slinging stones and gravel at full throttle :D .
A pic from last years bangalore leg.

Guys,

Check out the SR for the time table of the event.

cheers
Bullfrog

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 921462)
The venue is a little ahead of Devanahalli. I have no maps to the location, lemme see if I can get a road map to the venue.

Buddy, that would help a lot. I need this info badly. don;t want to miss the K-1000 this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 921462)
I prefer to see them drive through unchartered territory and kick up some dust and stones.

Its fun to see them go sideways slinging stones and gravel at full throttle :D .
A pic from last years bangalore leg.

agree:. EXACTLY.. I need details of such locations ONLY. Not for the show event:D.

Waiting your your updates.

Yippeeeeclap: I am finally coming to Banglore to see the K 1000 Rally.

Luckily Dad had some travel vouchers with him that would enable me to travel economy class to and fro from Delhi to Banglore.

However unluckily I don't have any such vouchers for hotels and hence have a shoestring budget for the same.

What I wanted to ask was that are there any reasonably priced places for accommodation in Banglore ? or preferably could I stay in some kind Bhpian's house ( please: understand student baba !).

No replies to the above post yet. Come on baba, I too want to see those cars going full throttle and doing pendulum turns .

And the SSS stage is an added bonus as well !:D

This would be the first time I would get an opportunity to see the action unfolding right in front of me and thus need your help with the problem mentioned in the above post to make it possible.

This should help competitors from other states and spectators:

Rally Guide.pdf - Windows Live SkyDrive

Thanks speed, although there is a comprehensive listing of hotels in the guide, it does not have any info about their respective room rents.

Another thing, presently I plan to fly on the 7th to Bangalore and return to Delhi on the 10th by around 11 pm.
Will it be worth flying earlier to see the Recce ?

I mean would seeing it help me to know rally car construction better ?

Just got a call from HM-Mitsubishi inviting me to the Super Special Stage at palace grounds. I'm going... its just right opposite my office :D.

Please tell me about the Recce part ASAP. Would have to book tickets accordingly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revvedup (Post 926393)
Thanks speed, although there is a comprehensive listing of hotels in the guide, it does not have any info about their respective room rents.

Another thing, presently I plan to fly on the 7th to Bangalore and return to Delhi on the 10th by around 11 pm.
Will it be worth flying earlier to see the Recce ?

I mean would seeing it help me to know rally car construction better ?

Recce is only for the competitors, spectators won't be allowed into the stages during recce.

So flying to bangalore on 7th will be fine for you.

For accommodation, just google about the rates, you will find some information.