Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:32   #16
BHPian

@headers
how did the zen perform against the other esteems/other cars any comparison like lap timings between cars?.
Old 3rd September 2008, 21:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

That Zen is an RWD, from the looks of it. Weird exhaust positioning, and why would a regular FWD have that kind of rear track width? But the tyre question is a bit odd.
Old 3rd September 2008, 23:54   #18
BHPian

Zen really did not perform well, it was struggling to throttle and the way how the driver handles the car in the corners was not so accurate. It has a Esteem engine, I guess Tyres are not really so compatible for that car because it seems to have more grip on the track however not smooth enough responding to the throttle resulting in better initials and speed.
Race Dynamics Esteem (No-6) took the lead and the Car's power was really amazing, the driver was very keen in keeping himself on the first position and did not allow any other cars to take over.
Its real Fun to Race and also to watch when its raining, The Scene looked really Good when the water on the track was splashing around by the cars.
Old 4th September 2008, 01:02   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
Bhargava, what mods have you got on the Uni? And where is this 333 Racing service centre?
Hi,

I have Modified my Bike in 333 Racing Service Center located in Choolaimedu Chennai, The Owners name is Shiva. He is the Mechanic and tuner for Dilip Rogger's R6. The Guy does amazing modification and tuning Stuff. I ride to chennai from Hosur once in a year for a complete service and he takes atleast a month to get the stuff done. His work on the Bike exceeds our expectations.I personally know him from past four years and last year he tuned my Bike to clock 0-100 in 6 Seconds. I had posted my Bike Pics last year in Xbhp - (http://www.xbhp.com/talkies/showthread.php?t=13645)
I ripped my Bike very badly and the engine blew OFF (boar & Piston - seized) - My Mistake . So Took my Bike to Him to get a new LIFE.

Below are the mods done by me this time -
1) New Parts Installation –
Boar with Piston & Rings, Clutch, Valves, Timing Chain, Bearings, Packing kits and other Engine parts
Front Mud guard, Front Tyre - MRF 2.75-18 Zapper FS & Rear Tyre – Dunlop 120/80 -16
Engine Scoop – Full Size & Chain Guard – Half Size
Disk Pad/Rear Break Shoe, Tail Set, Rear Foot pegs, Tiny Indicators
Automatic Chain Adjuster, Chain Sprocket with Chain
Motul 20w/40 Engine Oil

2) Sticker Works on Fuel Tank, Tail Set, Engine Scoop & Front Fork –
3) Paint Job on Fuel Tank and Tail Set and Inner Disk

4) Other Stuff -
Complete Engine work Crank Shaft Reset, Silencer Carbon removal, Front Fork Lubrication

Currently Iam running my Bike below 60 Kmph to set the Engine. Decided to do this for next 2000 Kms. Then i need to check wats the Top speed is.

Last edited by ajmat : 4th September 2008 at 07:38. Reason: Please do not cut paste from a formatted word file
Old 4th September 2008, 13:44   #20
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
We have seen it closely during one of the previous track days. That car was prepared by one of the guys from Coimbatore.
Seen the RWD Zen when we went to Kari track, thats why i asked. To confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
But the tyre question is a bit odd.
Didn't get you...
Old 5th September 2008, 01:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Didn't get you...
I meant I agree that the car has wider front tyres than rear, which is odd for a MR/RR layout.
Old 5th September 2008, 18:50   #22
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
I meant I agree that the car has wider front tyres than rear, which is odd for a MR/RR layout.
Oh ok, Wonder why they did that.
Old 5th September 2008, 20:48   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Oh ok, Wonder why they did that.
could it be a all wheel drive.
Old 5th September 2008, 23:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

Isnt that Sawan Gupta's mondeo?
No i dont think so, i know this pal praveen he's a good friend of mine
Old 6th September 2008, 13:05   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
could it be a all wheel drive.
@Pawan: I really dont see your POV. Are you just making posts for the sake of it, or are you really duh?

Old 6th September 2008, 13:47   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
@Pawan: I really dont see your POV. Are you just making posts for the sake of it, or are you really duh?

well read on

well as earlier stated the rwd zen has a esteem engine. so it would use a gypsy drive train.since it also shares a g series engine.

the other rwd are the versa and omni.

versa is ruled out since its engine is laid on its side.

the omni uses the f series engine hence ruled out.

now since the gypsy came as a 4wd so could you tell me as to why it cannot be a 4wd.

also why would one put fatter tires on the front while the car is a rwd.
Old 6th September 2008, 14:21   #27
Senior - BHPian

That rear engined zen drives the rear wheels only as the engine is transversely mounted.

Guess it is an experimental setup.
Old 6th September 2008, 16:37   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
well read on

well as earlier stated the rwd zen has a esteem engine. so it would use a gypsy drive train.since it also shares a g series engine.

the other rwd are the versa and omni.

versa is ruled out since its engine is laid on its side.

Dude, the layout is not like what you expected. Its rear mounted(like a beetle) and not rear-axle driven like the versa/gypsy/omni.
I have seen the works on this Zen at the LGB factory at kari. The G13B engine is mounted at the rear by clearing the rearset mounts, spare wheel area etc. The drive shafts are nothing but the same that is used on the esteem front wheel drive, except for the steering axle missing. The front only does steering duties.
I have seen the RWD zens being tested. They are really fast down the straight, my doubt is the weight distribution which is killing corner abilities.
But when I checked with the LG guys, they told me it would easily out-handle an esteem/baleno in handling. These cars have a nearly hard-tail suspension set-up.
This car is way lighter than a stock zen as everthing except the chassis is fibre glass. The doors, bonet, side panels, rear door. Its very competitive.
I'm sure this particular car was suffering from performance issues. otherwise I've seen these cars screaming fast the 800mtrs kari staright like a formula esteem. Oh the formula esteem, thats a different thing altogether.
Old 6th September 2008, 17:05   #29
BHPian

@fieroid thanks for letting me know. man that car sure does sound sweet from the specs.
Old 7th September 2008, 02:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pawan, didn't you notice I had mentioned it's not front engined? Ask Rahul, he was amongst us when we saw the cars under development. I'm sure there are some pics on the forum somewhere.

@headers, I don't think it was right to insinuate pawan was being 'duh'. His questions were quite valid.

Most Viewed