Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2008, 12:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

DKG/Doctor Saab, this is totally unfair, i will be in Delhi during that weekend

And, of all the times, it has to happen at this period. I would have loved to participate in this event for sure.

Hope this kind of an event happens again in future soon. Hyd Tbhpian's please participate in full strength either as bystanders or in race event.

And, it goes without saying tons of photos are required to enjoy them later on. I am predicting this thread is going to be one of the most popular threads in early 2009.

@Himanshu, great timing, 911th post and 11th in this thread. May god bless you with a Porsche 911 soon

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th December 2008 at 12:32.
Old 12th December 2008, 12:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Looking forward to a warm welcome from you Hyderabadis... its gonna be my OHC VTEC and me saying hi to you folks soon...
The Wolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2008, 12:38   #18
BHPian

Hyderabad is still lagging behind other cities in Motor Sports. The Begumpet airport would have been a very good option for converting into a permanent race track, if not for the politics.
Old 12th December 2008, 12:39   #19
BHPian

Guys, are you serious!! Is the drag confirmed! Someone please confirm, If true its too short a time to get prepped for some of our bangy. cars!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 12th December 2008 at 12:44.
Old 12th December 2008, 13:03   #20
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Guys, are you serious!! Is the drag confirmed! Someone please confirm, If true its too short a time to get prepped for some of our bangy. cars!
I've posted the good Doc's number in my initial post. Please do confirm with him as he is the organiser
Old 12th December 2008, 13:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

welcome wolf and other Bangy people. show us the car and car 'tsars' who drive cars.
iceman, mclaren, v1p3r and others please come....
Old 12th December 2008, 15:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ironwolf....welcome to Hyderabad!

Guys, we will have a rocking Hyd-Blr joint meet at the drag race. lets keep the flag flying and come out in full support.

Avi- you couldn't have timed your Delhi trip at a worse time :( you will be missed

T-SHIRTS- can anyone in Hyd volunteer to get T-BHP t-shirts printed prior to this event? they can be basic round neck t-shirts with T-BHP logo front and back. any of the local hyd guys know where we can get this?

if we have enough interest, I can get these printed through the guy who does similar t-shirts for our office parties. But I would need confirmations, design and payments upfront.

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 12th December 2008 at 15:12.
Old 12th December 2008, 17:13   #23

hey guys, is this event only for fourwheels, or bikes as well? though i would love to, but i dont think my beast (safari 2.2) and the bull (thunderbird) would be the fastest in their class, so i rather be a participant in the crowd :-) Ram, we will be there to cheer you man!
Guys, how about giving our gang a name?
Old 12th December 2008, 17:19   #24
BHPian

I guess this is the perfect excuse to drive down to Hyderabad. See the drag, and join the meet as well. Anybody else interested in a Friday night drive to Hyderabad?
tadukuttan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2008, 17:34   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I am delighted to announce that the APMSC in conjunction with FMSCI will host the Deccan Quartermile Drag at GMR facilities in Shamshabad, Hyderabad on the weekend of January 3 and 4th.

Registrations will open shortly and details of where the forms can be obtained will be shared soon. One of the key organisers is Dr Venkat Rao and he can be reached on 9885111144
That is some great news DKG. Just spoke to Dr. Venkat Rao and he reconfirmed that the dates are final and there will be no rescheduling. What makes it most interesting is the venue - For the first time we can have an nice surface with good safety procedures for drag racing.

I just hope people participate in huge numbers to make the event a success and give the necessary boost for Drag Racing.

Convincing GMR to give permission itself shows that the organisers are dead serious about the whole event.

I am just hoping that for me logistics is not a hindrance to transport the cars.
Old 12th December 2008, 18:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu and Hyd T-Bhpians.>Can we try EYantra for getting the T-Shirts printed?
What is the order size we are looking at?
Old 12th December 2008, 19:46   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
welcome wolf and other Bangy people. show us the car and car 'tsars' who drive cars.
iceman, mclaren, v1p3r and others please come....
Thanks for the invite kutlee, but neither me nor my car do drags anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
I guess this is the perfect excuse to drive down to Hyderabad. See the drag, and join the meet as well. Anybody else interested in a Friday night drive to Hyderabad?
If only I didn't have an exam on the 3rd I would have joined you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Looking forward to a warm welcome from you Hyderabadis... its gonna be my OHC VTEC and me saying hi to you folks soon...
Good luck Ritesh.
Old 12th December 2008, 19:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Is the offer still open tadu?Wouldnt mind joining!
Old 12th December 2008, 19:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

@hillram- Buddy, eyantra sounds good to me.

as regards the numbers- we have about 20 regulars in Hyd. I am sure all would be interested. then we can add the bangy members who may be interested.

also some of us may want more than 1 coulor. I wouldnt mind going in for 3-4 colours if they are reasonably priced. I will co-ordinate this with Raj and Avi as regards the orders. can you find out the costing from e-yantra

also, if we have some graphics guy as a member, we will need a high res image of teh T-BHP logo.
Old 12th December 2008, 20:33   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Is the offer still open tadu?Wouldnt mind joining!
Of course it is! Please do join...
tadukuttan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks