Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 15:13   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
And Rudolph, dont throw your wieght around there with an organizer's pass...

Have I ever..

The speed run dates will be announced soon along with the various classes. Someone had some problem with the classes last time. Can someone elaborate on that.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:13   #17
BHPian

I had been to speed run 2006 for the first time and the last time because it was a real pain to get in , to be able to watch the events was possible only if you were blessed.

Of course I saw m/s Hormadz, Gautam and narayan among the popular /known faces and loved the displayed cars incl modified indica, hummer, lotus of gautam with its security guards around and plenty of modded cars and bikes but the sun and the crowd and the passage through the dusty road that I had to walk through to get a glimpse of the action at the venue was very disappointing.

It was like a mela in a village only much crowded and restricted and less organised. Many suggestion have already poured in to keep it organised and a convenient event. Let it be a weekend for normal people as it may be for the VIPs - even if its paid one. Else, would be happy to watch it on TV and news. For the other things there are many expo and events nowadays in BKC.

Wish the organisers and participants all the best and hope that this time its organised professionally and for viewers its treat and for enthusiasts it may be festival.
Old 16th January 2009, 15:35   #18
BHPian

Cyrus: do you work with Autocar, sorry just a little inquisitve! If you need to know more suggestions digg up the old threads there wil be loads of them.
Old 16th January 2009, 16:35   #19

just curious to know if the speed run event is being held in bangalore this time or no....i heard the place which was used for speed runs is closed now...will be really sad if that turns out to be true :(

coming to the suggestions part, as someone said, tickets would be a good idea unless they are not too high...genuine car enthusiasts really wouldn't mind shelling some bucks to see their beloved cars burn some rubber!!!
it also filters some unwanted guests.
Old 16th January 2009, 17:23   #20
BHPian

get some serious Police/security cover not just inside the venue but also outside the entrance. I saw too many people trying out cheap and dangerous stunts outside the venue. the area where parking was allowed was run amok by crazy guys pulling Wheelies on scooters and 100cc bikes.

Ensure that because of some stupid jerks the event doesn't get a bad name with the cops.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:13   #21
BHPian

I want a seperate category for TOTALLY STOCK BIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17th January 2009, 00:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Here are a few off the top of my mind:

1. Be clear about the classes and STICK TO THEM. Don't change classes and rules at the last minute. We were at ACI's office till midnight the previous night sorting out the stupidity.

2. HAND OUT TIMESLIPS.

3. Let participants watch the race. We spend thousands and lakhs on our cars and transport and stay, and then we can't watch the race because we're not allowed in the VIP area, even if we have a pass, and we can't stand anywhere else either. SR will not exist if not for the participants.

4. Cancel all street stock classes, or limit their entries. Or have the event over 4 days.

5. Stick to the promised schedule.

6. Be polite to viewers and especially participants.
Old 17th January 2009, 03:30   #23
BHPian

i was at the aci office aswel,well as pointed out by the rest of the t-bhpian's im sure you already know that organisation is the key,when it comes to classes i think they are very weirdly distributed,i dont have anything angainst anyone in particular but i saw the 800 run in the upto1450cc pro stock category,when it clearly should have gone into a category which allows engine transplant's or the indian open/unrestricted class,it had a four cylinder head,the headers were openly visible to everyone present there,which includes the scrutineer's,the car was allowed to race in the above mentioned class & it won 3rd position aswel,it clearly got a "scrutiny ok" sticker,which is my point that scrutiny is just for name sake and please look into it seriously,overbored motor's,foreign bottom end's which our "scrutineer's" cannot distinguish between,the objection fee is too high for an individual to object,please dont take the above comments in the wrong stride,all said and done aci/mai & speed were the pioneer's at this and thanks to you guys drag racing got a platform in india,but please dont let any of these posts made by t-bhpians go un noticed because as someone earlier rightly said "we are a serious car enthusiast community"
Old 17th January 2009, 16:01   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post

2. HAND OUT TIMESLIPS.
Totally agree.
We can also keep them as souvenirs.
Old 17th January 2009, 22:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

6. Be polite to viewers and especially participants.
Be polite. There's no especially out there.
Period.
Old 18th January 2009, 08:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that not ONE of these suggestions will be taken seriously or implemented by the organisers.
Old 18th January 2009, 16:29   #27
Senior - BHPian

I have so much to say right from the start to end, the event is haphazard if you arnt in the *know*

Please distribute forms by name/number during the briefing, allow the person to check and sort out everything before he leaves (that includes the T-Shirt and the Pit Mech Pass)

Try and get the entire pit area shaded for us poor folk who have been attending the event for 4 years now and always have someone faint with heatstroke.

Keep a paid viewing area, a viewing area for the participants, a area for the VIP's and a seperate section for the media.

Please dont allow street stock class, the number of entries just gets so much for no reasons and every tom, dick and harry has a K&N on their bikes/cars. Keep the event for the serious (even though not very loaded) enthusiast.

Please have a nice long briefing with the security and make them understand the concept of a drag race and how to distinguish between participants and their crew members and just *people*

Keep a lot of water bottle stalls (gatorade and other drinks too and not just pepsi) and dust bins in the pit area and do not allow the vendors to overcharge. (Keep separate stalls for viewer areas and pit to avoid making us walk for long stretches and leaving our beloved in the hands of *interested* onlookers who like to poke and prod) also almost forgot those little porta-pottys

I think I've said enough for now
Old 19th January 2009, 11:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that not ONE of these suggestions will be taken seriously or implemented by the organisers.
That's why we ought to see to it that all our 'sensible' suggestions are to be conveyed to the guys concerned brother.
Old 19th January 2009, 19:00   #29

Quote:
If we didnt want suggestions, I would not have borthered to start this thread in the first place. We are making a note of all these suggestions for a better event!!
Old 19th January 2009, 19:44   #30
BHPian

Please have a show in Bangalore as well. We are dying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks