Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 20:59   #1

Speed Run 2009 - ACI wants comments & suggestions.

Autocar India and Speed will be organising its annual Speed Run 2009 soon.

We want your comments & suggestions. We want you to tell us from your point of view how you want us to improve it, What you want and dont want, how you want certain things to be done.

Give us your suggestions.

Happy posting..

Last edited by ajmat : 16th January 2009 at 09:25. Reason: Keep thediscussion in team bhp
Old 15th January 2009, 21:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Obviously better seating arrangement for people who are actually interested as Dippy said.

The last time the organisers gave out more VIP passes then the stand could handle and as a result on the second day it was a mess. Then, there was that idiot standing at the entrance of the VIP stand throwing his weight around and acting like a tough guy.

Once a person went out of the stand, he/she wasn't allowed to go back in. Why weren't people informed while they were going out? It seemed like it was deliberate that they were allowing people to go out and when they came back, they were asked to leave! Were they expecting people to pee in the VIP stand??

Last edited by straight6 : 15th January 2009 at 21:38.
Old 16th January 2009, 09:51   #3
Team-BHP Support

Get some sensible guy on the mic. Last year, I didn't have to listen to him for too long since I was mostly in the holding area. But, for the short while that I was near the stands, that guy was unbearable.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Stop treating the real car enthusiast like a nobody. While VIPs get comfortable seating and majority of them are not even concerned with the races the others burn standing in the hot sun and cant even see anything because of the crowd. For the so called VIPs its just a Sunday outing. Make VIP type seating stands for the normal crowd as well.

Get people who are couteous to manage the gates. They are absolutely rude. I am sure everyone here agrees with me on this.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:11   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Stop treating the real car enthusiast like a nobody. While VIPs get comfortable seating and majority of them are not even concerned with the races the others burn standing in the hot sun and cant even see anything because of the crowd. For the so called VIPs its just a Sunday outing. Make VIP type seating stands for the normal crowd as well.

Get people who are couteous to manage the gates. They are absolutely rude. I am sure everyone here agrees with me on this.
Fully agree with Dippy's comments and suggestions as all the previous events have been disorganised and total chaos so far.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:29   #6
Team-BHP Support

Well, having VIP guests at an event has its pros and cons.
However, if fans are paying to come and see the event, they have to be given better treatment. As for the chap at the gate, being rude and snobbish at an event's gate dosen't make you a great man. It just shows what a failure you are in real life and that you're just taking out your frustration on others since you've been given some responsibility.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

ORGANISATION, would be the key word here cyrus.
It has to have sufficient manpower and well managed to handle the crowd.
Also basic facilities, like water etc.
If necessary Charge a fee/ticket thereby filtering the crowd but again this is dependant on the location.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hormazd Sorabjee said they would be ticketing the event,this year.
Old 16th January 2009, 10:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I almost got into a fist fight with one of those security supervisors last year.

I'm just hoping this event doesn't get any bigger. If they can't handle it now, it will only get worse if gets bigger.
Old 16th January 2009, 11:13   #10
BHPian

I Think first and foremost they should stick to dates when they announce. And Bangalore Speed Run a must.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:21   #11

This is exactly what i wanted. Let the sugestions flow.

Cheers.
Cyrus Dhabhar.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:30   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Hormazd Sorabjee said they would be ticketing the event,this year.
Thats a smart move. Charge people but give them decent seating under tents and price the tickets accordingly, pay more get more.. i think thats fair.
Old 16th January 2009, 13:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Make sure all classes get practice runs & participants are properly informed if there are any last minute changes. And stop giving 'celebrities' as many practice runs as they like while in the middle of the competition and disrupting everyone else.

Currently the organisation/racing looks like it's run by a lala company with no clue as to what everyone is doing & no communication between the various people organising the event. Try & have it managed by a professional company (Not Hungama for God's sake! They are anything but professional) and not by a bunch of monkeys.

Last edited by iraghava : 16th January 2009 at 13:36.
Old 16th January 2009, 14:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

A group from Tbhp, should meet up urgently, and make out a memorandum of suggestions and hand it over to the organisers.
This will make them take our suggestions seriously, since we really represent a BIG portion of Auto Enthusiasts, With Knowledge, in the country!
Old 16th January 2009, 14:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
A group from Tbhp, should meet up urgently, and make out a memorandum of suggestions and hand it over to the organisers.
This will make them take our suggestions seriously, since we really represent a BIG portion of Auto Enthusiasts, With Knowledge, in the country!
absolutely agree. While meeting with them would turn out to be an Ego issue with the Autocar guys, we could give our suggestions and im sure they will be taken seriously. After all we are a serious community.

Before anything, organise the classes. There are cars running with all kinds of mods in classes they should not be in. They should get someone from the MAI or someone with knowledge to organize the classes.

The first step will be as Ishan pointed out, not allow favouritism. No big industrialists running their cars whenever they please. No partiality to their friends who enter modded cars in ordinary classes and get away with it.

Of course Hangama or anyone like that should not even be allowed near this event.

Last but not the least, realise that its the people which make the event. treat them properly and with respect.

And Rudolph, dont throw your wieght around there with an organizer's pass...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks