Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2009, 18:30   #46
BHPian

@ Dippy , GTO , Guys since this is such a good cause , It would be great if lot of people would be aware about this. It would help a great deal if you could write a press release about the same and spread it across internet via the free PR sites some of which are picked up by google news , this will attract a lot more attention both local and international and perhaps also some sponsors which will ultimately help the charitable cause.
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Superb! Thank you.

A reminder to all : Please submit your forms at the earliest.
I talked with Vishal in the afternoon. He informed that we can send the forms latest by the weekend.

Its is going to be amazing fun. The Mumbai junta has come ahead so actively. Way to go guys .
Old 22nd January 2009, 19:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Spoke to Ankit yesterday:

Some of you may have the same questions as me, so I'm posting them here for everyone's benifit:

Q: Is it possible for me to skip Saturday's briefing and come directly on sunday? (I work on Saturday's - in Pune - so would have been hard)
A: Not really. Saturdays events include the pairing with your Navigator, a dummy run, explanation of rules and regulations. Making it on Saturday is very important

Q: The form asks for names of co passengers. Can they be changed / added at the last moment?
A: Yes, names can be entered on the day of the event. So if your girlfriend decides to bring along a friend at the last minute, she can join you.

Q: Can I scan & e mail the forms?
A: Preferably courier them, since they need hard copies. Printing them at their end will be an added task for them.

Q: If I have a last minute hiccup and can't bring the car thats details are entered in the form, is it OK if I drive another one? (Those who know me well will understand why this is a valid question :-( )
A: Sure, just make sure you carry copies of the car's papers with you when you come for the rally.

Yup - that's about it. Putting in my request for a leave on Saturday and sending in my form!

You can add me to the list: Suhail - Ford Ikon 1.6
Thanks for questions put up suhail...did'nt have a clue we had a de-brief on sat before the final meet.
Guys one more qt?? where do we submit the forms for the event
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post

@Vikram: Your form arrived when I reached the office today
PERFECT! Been wanting to do this for a long time; never managed to find out in time, always after!
Old 22nd January 2009, 21:39   #50
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed as a passenger !! This will be one ginormous meet, totally looking forward to seeing so much team-bhp offline and on-road.
Old 22nd January 2009, 23:42   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Heman,

Have you had a look at the three opening posts & the two attachments (PDF files)? They pretty much cover everything you would need to know.
Nopes, Going to download them and have a look on Saturday

Quote:
May I take you as confirmed?
Opps, havent yet received my car so don,t have any details, but I am surely participating, can i block an entry?

Last edited by aah78 : 25th January 2009 at 02:16. Reason: Quotes fixed.
Old 23rd January 2009, 00:54   #52

Met Ankit today. He was very happy that lots of teamBHPians had decided to join in. My Entry is in. As Co-Driver this time... :(
Old 23rd January 2009, 08:29   #53
BHPian

@cyrus how can you be a co driver/ navigator. You mean you are a passenger right
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:22   #54

HeHE..You will know what i mean after you participate. From-Practice, and experience, let me assure you, that expecially in this case, you need a co-navigator who takes down the tulip on a seperate sheet as soon as the nav interprets his tulips.
Old 23rd January 2009, 13:58   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Met Ankit today. He was very happy that lots of teamBHPians had decided to join in. My Entry is in. As Co-Driver this time... :(
Rudolph, one has to be visually impaired to be a co-driver (navigator) I don't think mentally handicapped persons are allowed to navigate (sorry couldn't resist that one!!)
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:07   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha09mel View Post
Thanks for questions put up suhail...did'nt have a clue we had a de-brief on sat before the final meet.
Guys one more qt?? where do we submit the forms for the event
I urge everyone to read the opening 3 posts. There is some important info in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post
Opps, havent yet received my car so don,t have any details, but I am surely participating, can i block an entry?
Someone posted that it shouldn't be a problem to change your car at the last minute too. Thus, as long as you carry the supporting documents, I don't think it should be a problem. In any case, please have the organisers know well in advance. Added you to the list. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Rudolph, one has to be visually impaired to be a co-driver (navigator) I don't think mentally handicapped persons are allowed to navigate (sorry couldn't resist that one!!)
Go easy on the "research analyst", will ya! That's a pretty heavy designation.
Old 23rd January 2009, 16:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Someone posted that it shouldn't be a problem to change your car at the last minute too. Thus, as long as you carry the supporting documents, I don't think it should be a problem. In any case, please have the organisers know well in advance. Added you to the list. Thank you.
If you are changing your car, do try and let the organizers know on Saturday. But do remember to carry the car's original documents, regardless of whether you're switching cars or not.
Old 23rd January 2009, 17:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

I was unable to commit my car this early on, since my father primarily uses it. But I will be there as a passenger in Ford Rocam's car, mostly.
Old 24th January 2009, 18:14   #59
BHPian

@GTO

is it still the MAI license or FMSCI license since as i understand MAI no more holds control over motor sports in india.

I am assuming apart from sending the forms there is nothing more i need to do for the Competition License.
Old 25th January 2009, 00:56   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Arre baba, When i meant co-navigator, i meant when the blind guy interprets the braille chart, a co-nav jots the chart in tulip form on a notepad or a book or something and then he refers that to the driver. Makes the Drivers job far less difficult. Believe me, i have done it last year and it helps.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks