Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2009, 02:37   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
a co-nav jots the chart in tulip form on a notepad or a book or something and then he refers that to the driver.
What is a Tulip form?
Old 25th January 2009, 16:39   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
@GTO

is it still the MAI license or FMSCI license since as i understand MAI no more holds control over motor sports in india.

I am assuming apart from sending the forms there is nothing more i need to do for the Competition License.
Good question...something that crossed my mind as well. It's the organisers headache, nope you don't need to do anything to participate in this charitable drive. I think the MAI may issue a licence since this drive isn't a competitive race? Your guess is as good as mine.
Old 26th January 2009, 02:33   #63
Senior - BHPian

Might have to opt out. My aunt was scheduled for a Bypass surgery today and after all the work, we were told late this evening that due to some complications, the surgery will have to be shifted to another date. No guesses for what date was chosen by the good doctor...yes of all days its the 8th....

Duty calls guys, as it is, ive have been running around for the last few days to even enroll so i guess i was out anyways. Till further notice, i dont think ill be able to attend.

At least my heckflosse is at the Garage undergoing a through check and all that was because i wanted every small issue sorted out before the 8th. Chalo looks like im destined not to attend the events i really want to, the Pune Rally due to today and then the Rally for the Blind on the 8th. Lets see!!??!!
Old 26th January 2009, 07:36   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I think the MAI may issue a licence since this drive isn't a competitive race?
The license issued in such events is called the "Family/TSD competition license".
Just a formality.
Old 26th January 2009, 14:22   #65
Senior - BHPian

Idont know if they are serious about the special license as i have taken part in so many vintage rallies and events and treasure hunts etc in modern cars without even knowing that such a license is required. Maybe now they have become particular. In any case, if thats the norm everyone better follow it. No breaking rules here.
Old 26th January 2009, 17:03   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@GTO

is it still the MAI license or FMSCI license since as i understand MAI no more holds control over motor sports in india.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Good question...something that crossed my mind as well. It's the organisers headache, nope you don't need to do anything to participate in this charitable drive. I think the MAI may issue a licence since this drive isn't a competitive race? Your guess is as good as mine.
Confirmed. It is indeed the FMSCI that is issuing the licence. Applications will have to be courier to Chennai and the organisers have doubts of the licences arriving in time. Either ways, the drive is full on!
Old 27th January 2009, 23:45   #67
BHPian

guys submitted my form in person to vishal today.

he said about 70 entries are confirmed. there is a cap of 100 entries due to no of blind navigators.

However there he has not received many completed forms from TBHPians inspite of confirmations on this thread. just 15 or so.
the entries will close by the weekend or once the limits of 100 is reached.

please send your completed form ASAP and make TBHP's presence felt for a good cause.

@GTO thanks for your reminder PM.
Old 28th January 2009, 00:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Might have to opt out. My aunt was scheduled for a Bypass surgery today and after all the work, we were told late this evening that due to some complications, the surgery will have to be shifted to another date. No guesses for what date was chosen by the good doctor...yes of all days its the 8th
DAMN! that's real tough luck Gogs. Hope the surgery goes well and wishing your aunt a speedy recovery post-op.
Will try and catch up with you if you're free on saturday.
Old 28th January 2009, 08:50   #69
BANNED

Hi,

Will try and have my forms submitted today. They are already filled out and sitting on my table.

Viper
Old 28th January 2009, 09:36   #70

just for reference sake. This is what the lisence looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Charitable cause :The 2009 Blind Man Car Rally. EDIT :Now on Sunday, 15th February-untitled1.jpg  

Charitable cause :The 2009 Blind Man Car Rally. EDIT :Now on Sunday, 15th February-untitled2.jpg  

Old 28th January 2009, 10:10   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey, GTO... I'm free as well - the dubai conference got cancelled. Will download the forms and submit them. Me and my OHC shall be there. If anyone wants to be a passenger, PM me.

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 28th January 2009 at 10:11.
Old 28th January 2009, 10:57   #72
BHPian

hey cyrus just one Q?

what are each of these categories.

TSD , Gymkhana , others.
Karting is understood.

which category does this rally fall under.

Will our license have all the above listed categories.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:08   #73

TSD is Time-Speed-Distance. That is what our rally is.

Others is a very vague term which is used to describe any event Apart from Track Racing, Rallying, Hill Climb, Autocross and Drag Racing.

Gymkhana motorsports, is similar to autocross. It is a blend of Slaloms, 180 turns, 360 turns, sharp corners, etc. Mostly, these races require one to memorize the course as one might even have to run it in reverse gear. Its a very entertaining, funny but fun motorsport.
Old 28th January 2009, 11:18   #74
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hey, GTO... I'm free as well - the dubai conference got cancelled. Will download the forms and submit them. Me and my OHC shall be there. If anyone wants to be a passenger, PM me.
Fantastic! Added to the list. Thank you.
Old 30th January 2009, 15:02   #75

Sopke to Ankit - I'm keen to participate as well; will be driving an OHC Vtec.. Do add me to the list as well GTO.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks