Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2009, 09:19   #61
BHPian

signed forms or agreements although a deterrant or mostly reactive measures i.e. after the event has happened and your reputations has gone for a toss. A lot of people don't even read things before signing them especially if they are intoxicated
So signed forms and agreements are important, but as a proactive measure you need to have some form of breath test before letting people on the track
Old 1st February 2009, 09:45   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Dragstrip, go kart track and a offroad track is a good way to start. .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
Go-kart track is a large investment. Go-karts + cement track +drivers etc. So it's a better idea to decide which one you want to do first, and gradually start the other with profits from the first. ......
Even the dragstrip is going to cost a bomb. Its not just 402m it also requires another km for braking. Thats close to 1.5KM tarmac(any inputs on the width???). The strip itself could cost you around 2 crores(took the width as 60ft).

The best thing to start with would be an off-road track. DKG and co(from the jeepthrills can help you in this regard)

Do include the off-road buggies and ATVs. Any of the b'lore janta who came to the yercaud tristate meet have the pics of the track, please post them. It wouldnt have costed the resort guys to prepare that track. But it was good for quad bikes. Also there was a small area for those who are not willing to shell out for the full track.

Quote:
Forgot the main point: What about permission from the Government/Police?.....
If the project starts within next 3 years, I can help in this area.
The next time you are in Hyderabad, we can talk more on that.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 1st February 2009 at 10:01.
Old 1st February 2009, 10:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Even the dragstrip is going to cost a bomb. Its not just 402m it also requires another km for braking. Thats close to 1.5KM tarmac(any inputs on the width???). The strip itself could cost you around 2 crores(took the width as 60ft).

The best thing to start with would be an off-road track. DKG and co(from the jeepthrills can help you in this regard)

Do include the off-road buggies and ATVs. Any of the b'lore janta who came to the yercaud tristate meet have the pics of the track, please post them. It wouldnt have costed the resort guys to prepare that track. But it was good for quad bikes. Also there was a small area for those who are not willing to shell out for the full track.

Agreed on all points...
Also can your help be extended to Mumbai too...
Old 1st February 2009, 12:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecase_01 View Post
Agreed on all points...
Also can your help be extended to Mumbai too...
All I can give is moral support.
I dont know anyone in mumbai apart from team-bhpians. The first and last time I visited mumbai was in '95 Dec.

I can help you little (costs involved, what type of material) in laying the tarmac, if you are going for the drag-strip.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 1st February 2009 at 12:19.
Old 1st February 2009, 19:56   #65
BHPian

Quote:

I can help you little (costs involved, what type of material) in laying the tarmac, if you are going for the drag-strip.

raj.
You have previous experience?
Old 1st February 2009, 21:05   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You have previous experience?
Nope. But a relative of mine works for Roads and Buildings in the state government. He has good experience in laying roads. I can always get his help in cost and material estimation and if possible any new method or procedure of laying the tarmac.

Also if the proposed drag strip is around Hyderabad, we can get advice or better find the right contractor who can do this job.

raj.
Old 1st February 2009, 21:21   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. But a relative of mine works for Roads and Buildings in the state government. He has good experience in laying roads. I can always get his help in cost and material estimation and if possible any new method or procedure of laying the tarmac.

Also if the proposed drag strip is around Hyderabad, we can get advice or better find the right contractor who can do this job.

raj.
If the roads turn out to be anything like the Government-laid roads, HPP will close his track every three days for maintenance!
Old 1st February 2009, 21:53   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the roads turn out to be anything like the Government-laid roads, HPP will close his track every three days for maintenance!
You are absolutely right. I have quite a few of the roads which were undertaken during his service in various places. Few of the roads in areas which had less competition while bidding turned out to be very good. There is one particular road of 10 km stretch in the village of a MLA the road turned out to be very good and my relative said this one particular road was laid down as close to the book as possible. In fact it was repaired after second mansoon and heavy trucks started plying on this road(due to some damage to a road, the trucks were diverted to this road). This was also my relative's pet project.

Anyways, enough of . Lets come back to the topic.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 1st February 2009 at 22:02.
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:10   #69
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
signed forms or agreements although a deterrant or mostly reactive measures i.e. after the event has happened and your reputations has gone for a toss. A lot of people don't even read things before signing them especially if they are intoxicated
So signed forms and agreements are important, but as a proactive measure you need to have some form of breath test before letting people on the track
Is drinking and driving that big of a draw for people? Drag racing is a world wide sport and I don't hear about many incidents where there are drunk drivers on the tracks. Is it going to be a problem in India? In a sport where reaction time and coordination are key for your best timed run, I'm not sure why anyone would be drunk while doing this anyway. Not to mention why they'd pay to go down the track when drunk. Anyways, I guess we'd have to deal with this issue one way or another.

Quote:

Quote:
All I can give is moral support.
I dont know anyone in mumbai apart from team-bhpians. The first and last time I visited mumbai was in '95 Dec.

raj.
Quote:

raj.
Any and all help will be needed once the project gets rolling(if it gets rolling). And that goes for all angles, civil engineering, government, construction and estimates, publicity etc.. It will take an organized group effort to get something like this completed, so all avenues of "help" will help the cause.
Old 2nd February 2009, 02:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Any and all help will be needed once the project gets rolling(if it gets rolling).
How long do you think you'll take before you seriously start considering it? You, as in, you and other people (cousins, you said?) involved
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:46   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Any and all help will be needed once the project gets rolling(if it gets rolling). And that goes for all angles, civil engineering, government, construction and estimates, publicity etc.. It will take an organized group effort to get something like this completed, so all avenues of "help" will help the cause.

Agreed completely.
We just have an idea. getting that idea into tarmac and dirt(in my case) will be a group effort. To top it all together, i have got an enquiry from a fellow teambhpian for discussing the idea.
I am keeping my fingers crossed lets hope this baby starts running.
Old 2nd February 2009, 10:59   #72
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
How long do you think you'll take before you seriously start considering it? You, as in, you and other people (cousins, you said?) involved
I have no set time frame, but will continue to develop the idea and the plan until I think it's at a point in which it can be "proposed" in a more formal manner. I don't necessarily think there is huge rush for a project like this, because I doubt there is another project in the works for HYD, and as time progresses I'd suspect the market to start to form and mature a little bit. All that said, I'd hope something is proposed within the year(could say a shorter time frame, but this one is realistic) and can move forward or get further developed at that time.
Old 2nd February 2009, 21:47   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I have no set time frame, but will continue to develop the idea and the plan until I think it's at a point in which it can be "proposed" in a more formal manner. I don't necessarily think there is huge rush for a project like this, because I doubt there is another project in the works for HYD, and as time progresses I'd suspect the market to start to form and mature a little bit. All that said, I'd hope something is proposed within the year(could say a shorter time frame, but this one is realistic) and can move forward or get further developed at that time.

I am getting impatient, but you should take your time. I can see you're still in a "we'll see....maybe with time" mindset. Hopefully you'll start changing it to "It's not a question of if, it's a question of when"!

That said, it is entirely ur prerogative and you have every right to consider all avenues for investing ur land, including maybe selling it (if u have it in mind) once the market lifts up.
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:10   #74
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Guys just to cheer you all up, take heart, till we have someone come up with a dedicated track I think we will have more active support from GMR for more events.

The recent drag went down very well with them and they are positive about committing more support and facilities.

I have recommended to Doc of APMSC that we should next go for an offroad track right next to where the drag took place.

Infact what we need is some sponsors to be lined up. I am confident APMSC will organise more events to cater to our hunger for more motorsports activities.

So if anyone is in a position to get some major sponsors please step forward as we can plan more events
Old 2nd February 2009, 22:18   #75
BHPian

Drag Strips in India

Hi all,

I'm planning to move back to india shortly, and wanted to see if there are any drag strips in india.

If not, me and some of my investment banker friends are looking into starting a motorsports area in india. It'll begin with a simple drag strip (1/4 mile) with staging area and tech shops. Eventually develop into a modding facility with tuners, dynos, parts shops etc... and finally depending on the demand, a full race track.

Team-BHP has a lot of enthusiasts, so let me know your thoughts on location (Delhi-NCR, or Mumbai, or Banglore), the community interest and the potential you see for such a facility in india.

Thanks,

Prithwi

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd February 2009 at 22:44. Reason: search!

Most Viewed