Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 01:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the Torquenites happened,round of applause to the team,I wish now we have this sport coming up frequently

Thanks for the info Dan might have been really great to attend,hope you have alot of pics and video.

Ramie
Old 9th March 2009, 01:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey danlalan

thanx for the brief summary.would really like to hear the experiences from the guys who participated as well.

were the zens running esteem or baleno engines as well ?

rev

Well almost all game over zens ( i am sure had nothing less than esteem engines) a few that had popped hoods and cut hoods you could make out easily that they werent the 998 cc zen engine, i also saw a turbo'd zen running in the unrestricted category.

well i must say that this event was v.nice in a way that there werent tooo many cars and there werent tooo many spectators, atleast i reached late on sunday( didnt go on sat) i reached when the foreign cars had just started and was standinng right next to the Start line in the vip stands, could get a clear view of the entire racetrack, overall it was a very well organised event, we only missed all the lambo's and other foreign cars like the speed run, i must say that this was a very good effort put in by the organisers, The best performance was by the Skyline GTR, magnificent in not the word, took what ever came next to it.

where all is the next leg gonna be held ?? ? i heard they were gonna have one in lonavala in amby valley on the runway is that still happening ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th March 2009 at 04:01. Reason: wat = what. Please avoid SMS typing. Thanks.
Old 9th March 2009, 01:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Dan, do you mind terribly not posting in CAPITALS? It's the equivalent of shouting online.

How about some timings? How did the 300 bhp Skoda do?
IAM SHOUTING ONLINE!!! Timing sheets i got hold of one. Ive put the pics. 300bhp hotch potch is more like it.
DOnt BRAG BEFORE YOU DRAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey danlalan

thanx for the brief summary.would really like to hear the experiences from the guys who participated as well.

were the zens running esteem or baleno engines as well ?

rev
Yes yes. Most Game over zens were running 1.3's and Baleno engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Good to see the Torquenites happened,round of applause to the team,I wish now we have this sport coming up frequently

Thanks for the info Dan might have been really great to attend,hope you have alot of pics and video.

Ramie
I wonder why you did not come.

BEST PART is ITS HAPPEINING AGAIN. Next saturday and Sunday. The pune leg will happen in Mumbai.

Here's a link to all the videos. And some videos. Horrible Quality though.
Tejas waiting for your videos

The 500 odd bhp civic hatch. One of the hottest Hatches

SL 55 Dragstar Vs Evo

The only competition to the GTR was the Dragstar 55

The Best Launch of the event. Dragstar Q7 tdi.
Squashed, Decimated and spat out the E 280 CDI

Mikhail's Rev limiting Civic

Dragstar Baleno

Mihir Dharkar has had the Best Launches. This guy in the Sl 55 Amg reaction time are within the blink of an eye.

Annahilated everything.

G.Over 800 that was the fast Indian car i guess.

Fastest City

The other videos are there on youtube.

Someone please upload clear videos.

A few pics. Some timing Sheets. A baleno beat a VRS. BUt look whos on top.

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_035.jpg

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_042.jpg

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_046.jpg

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_049.jpg

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_051.jpg

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_056.jpg

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_059.jpg

Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_060.jpg

jIGGY ALL THE BEST. HOE YOU GET YOUR CAR IN SHAPE FOR THE NEXT WEEKS DRAGS IN MUMBAI.
THE OUTSTANDING CITY.
Torque Nite Thread - whos participating and pics and reports.-image_066.jpg

DONT BRAG BEFORE YOU DRAG.

Last edited by danlalan : 9th March 2009 at 02:01.
Old 9th March 2009, 02:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
DO NOT BRAG BEFORE YOU DRAG

& I LL SAY IT AGAIN

DO NOT B.R.A.G BEFORE YOU DRAG.
so did you drag? I mean did you participate??
Old 9th March 2009, 06:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
He didn't have anything to brag about oops I meant drag
Old 9th March 2009, 08:46   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Jitu:

A 400BHP FF.
Thats not a City. Its a MONSTER. You could give us your review please.

Jitu Please Give us your updates on your cars.
To be very honest i was bit disappointed with the run, but then, unless & until you drive a 350WHP fwd Honda under Drag conditions you wont come to know how the car will behave under such conditions.

There are two issues now which has to be sorted out, i had problem shifting from 2nd to 3rd in both runs, it used to get stuck every time & was eating up time like hell to put in to third gear.
But the major problem was the wild Torque steer in 3rd gear pull when i hit full boost. I never came across this kind of situation, the car literally pulls off the track, On a dyno the car is strapped to the roller but on a drag strip things are different. Torque steer at speeds of 100-110 kmph is damn risky i had no option but to let off the throttle to come back straight & just finish the run.

These are things which you experience when you drive yourself. now i know what has to be done to solve this problem.

" I will be Back"
Old 9th March 2009, 09:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Have i mentioned it..??? No i did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude View Post
He didn't have anything to brag about oops I meant drag
Kooldud read the above.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:19   #38
Senior - BHPian

Have a quick question for the Mumbai boys heard an indian car clocked under 13.2 can you please confirm.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Have a quick question for the Mumbai boys heard an indian car clocked under 13.2 can you please confirm.
Must have been the 800 with a turbo baleno engine.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:31   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Yes we all are. Something that can improve even better. This was the FIRST DRAG event by torque nite organisers, Pretty good for first timers. Hope they get better and better.

Jignesh Bhai.. Jignesh Bhai. Not good your wasting a lot of oil. We would like to know what happened.

Jitu Jignesh Jinendra -> Please Give us your updates on your cars.

jIGGY ALL THE BEST. HOE YOU GET YOUR CAR IN SHAPE FOR THE NEXT WEEKS DRAGS IN MUMBAI.

Dan,

I agree that the event was far better organized than Autocar ever organized a event be it the first or the last. There were some issues & delays but considering that this was the first time they organized something like this those hiccups were over looked by all competitors & spectators alike. The seating, the professionalism of the team that conducted the event excellent.

As regards my car well I had a major issue last week i.e on 26th Feb at night and lets just say that I was fighting with time sourcing parts and trying to get it right. Car was at the workshop till 10pm on Saturday night and just when I thought I would be able to run in a semi tuned state(Zakie did not get a chance to tune the car as the setup had changed and car was at the garage till the last minute and he left for Colombo) my oil pipe going into the turbo got a puncture at the venue when i went for a small run outside the pit lane.

Even if I had run I knew I had no chances but would have done so just for the heck of it and to see what I time. Will try my level best to get the car sorted out in time for next weeks event.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 9th March 2009 at 09:43.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:34   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

Keshav,

It was a Game Over NA zen. Apparently there was a protest lodged by Raj(I think) and after arguing for about half hour was withdrawn(not sure) as the engine was not opened.

Viper
Old 9th March 2009, 09:46   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post

These are things which you experience when you drive yourself. now i know what has to be done to solve this problem.

" I will be Back"
Thats the spirit... hope you can get things sorted out by next weekend. Cant wait to see you on top of the list.
Old 9th March 2009, 09:54   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
To be very honest i was bit disappointed with the run, but then, unless & until you drive a 350WHP fwd Honda under Drag conditions you wont come to know how the car will behave under such conditions.

There are two issues now which has to be sorted out, i had problem shifting from 2nd to 3rd in both runs, it used to get stuck every time & was eating up time like hell to put in to third gear.
But the major problem was the wild Torque steer in 3rd gear pull when i hit full boost. I never came across this kind of situation, the car literally pulls off the track, On a dyno the car is strapped to the roller but on a drag strip things are different. Torque steer at speeds of 100-110 kmph is damn risky i had no option but to let off the throttle to come back straight & just finish the run.

" I will be Back"
I have a video of your practice run where you can see the above happening. Hope it helps you jitu.
Attaching 2 vids below. Many more to come (vids taken on a HD cam, so takes ages to resize and upload).

Old 9th March 2009, 10:33   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Jiggy, sorry for running away midway. Next time i'll get my car and be there full time.
Old 9th March 2009, 10:51   #45

Quote:
A 500 bhp CIVIC Hatch. Driven to Jinendra.

This Hatch Looks mean just standing STILL. Dont know what happened during its runs. Maybe he can explain better.
Quote:
Jitu Jignesh Jinendra -> Please Give us your updates on your cars.
Well had very disappointing runs. Had problems in shifting through all the gears from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. And at the third run the engine gave up midway. i hope its only the bearings and not anything else as the oil pressure was very low and was not increasing at all. Just a very bad day had no problems in shifting while tuning or night practice runs. Going to check today what the exact problem is. Will be back for the pune round.
Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks