Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2009, 12:21   #1
BHPian

Pwrc with TSI racing..

TSI Racing announces new season for World Rally Championship

Team Sidvin India – rechristened as TSI Racing announced the start of their second season at the Production World Rally Championship (PWRC). Apart from a new look and feel, the team has also appointed Gaurav Gill as lead driver for the season.
TSI Racing – promoted by Sidvin Core-tech India created history last year by becoming the first Indian team at the WRC. The team had an intense learning experience in the last season by starting off well with a top 10 finish in Greece. As the year progressed, the car was constantly developed towards its full potential.
The new season will now see a restructured team after extensive testing on the car working towards a more consistent performance and better results. A big part of this process is the appointment of Gaurav Gill as lead driver for the team.
Speaking on the occasion, Mohan Nagarajan, Chairman & Team Principal, TSI Racing said, "We tested Gaurav in October last year and everyone including Tommi Makinen was surprised at his level of adaptation and speed. Gaurav has been driving a different car and when we put him in the Subaru, he adapted in a matter of a few hours. Gaurav will receive inputs from Tommi himself and from Pasi Hagstorm, who is a triple Finnish National Rally Champion. We know that he is the best Rally Driver in the country today. He has been rallying only for the past two years and has already created history in 2008 by becoming the first Indian to win a round of the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship in Indonesia with Team MRF. Gill has also been a multiple Formula racing champion and an Indian Rally National Champion. We have provided him with ample insight on the level of competition in the World Rally Championship and we are confident that he will bring laurels to the country."
Gaurav Gill, lead driver, TSI Racing said "I am very happy to be given the responsibility of leading the TSI team at the World Rally Championship this year. I have trained very extensively for this and hope to win and make India proud."
Tommi Makinen Racing (TMR) have partnered with TSI Racing since last year. They will be preparing the car for the new season and testing it as well. TMR is led by Tommi Makinen – four times World Rally Champion. TMR will also be working closely with the engineers from Subaru to get the best out of the car for TSI Racing.
Speaking on their association with TSI Racing, Tommi Makinen, CEO of TMR said, "On behalf of my company, I would like to say how pleased I am that we will work with TSI Racing in the 2009 PWRC. India represents a great opportunity for the future in terms of Motor Sport, and to be working with a company such as TSI Racing and their driver Gaurav Gill, I feel sure that we are heading for exciting times and that we can build a very good relationship for the long term future."
The first rally of the season for TSI racing will kick-start in Cyprus on 13- 15th March.

note: all material taken from www.tsiracing.net/news

Wishing TSI racing , Gill and David Sr all the best for the Cyprus rally.
Old 13th March 2009, 23:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

This happened faster than I'd imagined. Wow!!
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:18   #3
BHPian

I was wondering why there was'nt a thread on this until now....
good way to get updates on TSI and Gaurav Gill's fortunes!
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:21   #4
Senior - BHPian

1st rally should be coming up very shortly. Is he doing both PWRC and APRC?
Old 2nd April 2009, 17:31   #5
BHPian

1st rally is over!
he was coming 7th in PWRC but retired in the transport stage.
Hes doing PWRC.... MRF are undecided on APRC

Rally Portugal this weekend!

Last edited by MustangMan : 2nd April 2009 at 17:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks