Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 15:40   #31
BHPian

WHAT A DAY!! FUN!! in freakin big capitals.

after 750 kms ( to n fro and on track ) i am totally destressed.

pasted the car from the word go . first 2 laps we ( nitish and i ) we were like " f*** the lines man ! keep the car on the track ! " and powered our way thru the corners. next 2 laps we decided to try and keep the car on the intended lines.my tyres which already had 35-40 k kms on them were definitely not holding up.

got back into the pits , nitish takes the car for a couple of laps, c1 wasnt long enough for him , so he decided to to make it longer and wider by himself, while i was getting an aerial view of the track in the truck.
after that,we were just hanging around in the pit lane , taking in all the sights and the sounds and the smells and of course the blistering heat, and let the car and he tyres cool of for a bit .

got back onto the track again , it had to happen ...i was exiting c4 and i see satya's elantra taking c6, decided to try my luck and catch him , tried for abt a two and a half laps , managed to get within one car lenght at c8, then hit the pits again ,coz the front lh tyre was just getting worse, btw who was driving the elantra at that time ?

my thoughts abt some of the corners:
c6 and c7 was one vey long and loud squeal all the time.
c4 and c8 - pedal to the metal till i hit 150 and braking as late as possible.
c10 and c11 is soo slippery.

then we got on to the pitwall and we were generally timing all the boys , some very quick times!
after that, i was contemplating whether or not to do more laps coz of the front lh tyre, then decided might as well , did 4 more laps , conservative laps, i was also low on fuel.

thanks memo and satya for the help with the fuel . then it was just food and a relaxed drive back to blr.

thanks a lot everybody , esp vikram who took the initiative of organising it.

@ hrishi and vikram - out with the secrets. was expecting some stunts from hrishi , nothing happend.
@ ice man - the red bull "babes" ( looked like school kids) were smaller than the red bull can, we ought have better ones next time , please look into the matter.
Attached Thumbnails
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-mr-track-day..jpg  

Last edited by siddartha : 6th April 2009 at 15:58.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:42   #32
BHPian

nice photos, was planning since long to be there,unfortunately my plan got messed up in last minute, viewing the photos comforts me to some extent... looking forward to see more pic uploaded from our fellow members...
Old 6th April 2009, 15:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Siddarth was your car driving on two wheels by any chance. It looks like that way from the photo.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:50   #34
BHPian

Any guesses who's tyre this is ?
Attached Thumbnails
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dsc01948.jpg  

Old 6th April 2009, 15:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Sidhartha, I did not even know they were gonna be there. Someone's brothers friends etc. organised it for the bikers. we were luckty to have a few chilled red bulls on arrival.
about the redbull bulbuls I would say one word "JAILBAIT" too young buddy don't see myself behind bars .
P.s. loved the turn and slide in my rearview it was mindblowing.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:52   #36
BANNED

It's a spurious (as in not genuine / authorised) RS - what else do you expect?

Note: I am making this statement after comparing it with a genuine black RS. Members were witness to the step-by-step guide to identifying fake RS' at Motel Rosin, Vinnamangalam.

The black RS had a lovely blue aftermarket air-horn though.

Last edited by hrag : 6th April 2009 at 15:57.
Old 6th April 2009, 15:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

riju, that is an advan neova on the diesel swift.
the handiwork of memo
Old 6th April 2009, 16:00   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Arent those alloys the ones which were on Binzs car? I remember seeing those AD07s long back and that time they were almost gone. Looks like the track finally finished it off!!
Old 6th April 2009, 16:00   #39
BHPian

10 points to iceman.

(phone cam pics)
Pit lane (The white esteem is the infamous "Mistress")
Attached Thumbnails
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dsc01945.jpg  

Old 6th April 2009, 16:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Arent those alloys the ones which were on Binzs car? I remember seeing those AD07s long back and that time they were almost gone. Looks like the track finally finished it off!!
Yeah Nikhil,those are mine.You wouldn't believe in the almost gone state how much grip they had.

All hail!
Old 6th April 2009, 16:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

Nice groovy Pics i must say,
Old 6th April 2009, 16:57   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
If people wanted to know the lines they are most welcome to ask anyone. I clearly remember taking more than 5 people inmy car and showing them the lines as well as explaining it to them.
It was a P & P session, all were welcome it was not an event were Vikramor anyone has taken the charge to show how to drive on a track.
Amit, the norm till today has always been the organizers taking time to show all the cars (whether they are newbies on track or not) on atleast two laps to show the lines. Kindly read all the previous trackday and P&P threads. Also was any briefing done? I am just stating some points that would make the track a safer place.

Quote:
Timings I am not sure and neither are you then why put them up????
I am sure about the timings put up by the Vbox. I just put up the rest from what I heard from other people who were timing all cars. I have never even met those people, but I am assuming some of them came with you guys. If you have a different story to tell kindly do so and clear it up.

Quote:
he swift diesel I have my doubts as it could not keep up with the baleno or the t-swift had to give way, then how is it faster by so many seconds????
My car when Viddy and me went for a spin form pit lane back to the pit lane basically start to stop following pit lane speed was 2:23.
Amit, you know the Vbox is perhaps the most accurate way to measure the timing right? Akshay's car was tested on the VBOX, so were the SX4 and the elantra. So I don't want to argue more with you on this one. If you feel your stop watch is more accurate so be it.

Quote:
To say someones car is blown without knowing the whole story is a stupid assumption.
That is what people from your own group were talking. Either you guys are covering up the fact that the engine is blown to prevent negative publicity or you guys should keep your own group from talking such stuff.

Btw, someone did shoot a video of the car in the pits. Perhaps they should put it up? And then ask randomly what people think it could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
You should have complained about this at the track and not after reaching your sister's place.
I was out putting in some laps on the Elantra. By the time I came in you had left and I did immediately ask people why the session was shut so soon.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:02   #43
BHPian

A few snaps that I managed to extract from my camera after a long struggle to get it to sync with my laptop
Attached Thumbnails
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscf0601.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscf0597.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscf0598.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscf0602.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-dscf0599.jpg  

Last edited by petrol_head : 6th April 2009 at 17:06.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:03   #44
Senior - BHPian

Amazing stuff then Rahul have nothing else to say.
I have/had no idea that it was an organised event and all this was to be done. Maybe because I have not done this before.

So if he did x.xx time and I beat him then my time should be faster??? fair enough. All this in a stock engine baleno I am satisfied immensely.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:10   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
A few snaps that I managed to extract from my camera after a long struggle to get it to sync with my laptop
Thank you very much man.
Glad to see that you managed to take a snap of my ride.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks