Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2009, 17:16   #46
Senior - BHPian

Its a good idea to provide a track map with some notes on it for newbies.
I always do when I visit a new track.

Organizers are also participants and cannot spend their time coaching. The newbies need to ride shotgun for a few laps before venturing out.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Thank you very much man.
Glad to see that you managed to take a snap of my ride.
Anytime Dude Sadly, by the time I climbed onto the pit wall to get a few more shots almost all the cars had pulled in
Old 6th April 2009, 17:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I was out putting in some laps on the Elantra. By the time I came in you had left and I did immediately ask people why the session was shut so soon.
Sorry about you missing me. I did not know that you were still on track.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:53   #49
BHPian

The track day was good fun, unfortunately it was a bag full of last minute calls for us, with many things incomplete. Still regretting not taking the esteem out...

It was good fun meeting the gang. We seriously need more such events.. Are you listening vikram, iceman and mclaren ?????
Old 6th April 2009, 17:54   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkarthik View Post
The track day was good fun, unfortunately it was a bag full of last minute calls for us, with many things incomplete. Still regretting not taking the esteem out...

It was good fun meeting the gang. We seriously need more such events.. Are you listening vikram, iceman and mclaren ?????
We are always listening. Will organize another one after the temperatures in Chennai subside a little bit.
Old 6th April 2009, 18:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

What would be the top speeds in this track day? Search in you tube have thrown only 2-3 videos of track days (team-bhp) n that too of short durations. Any videos?
Old 6th April 2009, 18:29   #52

Audilicious...

Hope all u guys are enjoying the pics, I'll add few more by tonight. By the way, whose AUDI was it? The way it started off was like an aeroplane on the runway. Whoooosh...
Old 6th April 2009, 18:49   #53
Senior - BHPian

Okay here are some of the pics
Attached Thumbnails
TRACK DAY? P & P Report-imgp3889.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-imgp3891.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-imgp3893.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-imgp3894.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-imgp3895.jpg  

TRACK DAY? P & P Report-imgp3896.jpg  

Old 6th April 2009, 19:17   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Okay here are some of the pics

It was good once again meeting the gang Vikram, khan_sultan, iceman , mclaren1885 ,siddartha , Akshay,Rahulkool,, supremeBaleno, Nitrous, , hrag, brraj , sameel

@Vikram: I enjoyed very much , it was nice thanks for organizing the meet & I enjoyed the day and., keenly waiting for more meet up like this in future.

Nice pictures of the track keep coming

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags.
Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post.
Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th April 2009 at 19:25. Reason: Font tags
Old 6th April 2009, 19:17   #55
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
What would be the top speeds in this track day? Search in you tube have thrown only 2-3 videos of track days (team-bhp) n that too of short durations. Any videos?
IIRC, I saw the needle touch 160 or slightly more on the SX4 at the straight entering the long loop. Binz said it was 170, he has the video of that lap, which eventually ended up in a spin. He tells me he will upload it by tonight.

Karthik, there surely will be more track days from now on. And hopefully we will have lot many more fast cars and drivers as well .

Your esteem would have been real FTD on track.
Old 6th April 2009, 19:22   #56
rippergeo

Would it be possible to have a few in CBE too? Madras is a bit out of the way

Old 6th April 2009, 19:26   #57
Senior - BHPian

Aye give us some more pics and videos chaps. Lesser mortals like us need to sit back and watch the fun over your pictures,videos and posts.
Old 6th April 2009, 19:38   #58
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Would it be possible to have a few in CBE too? Madras is a bit out of the way
Yes Ripper I am trying my best to get the Kari opened to general public again. But due to certain incidents involving some members here, the track guys have taken a stand not to allow us to hire the track. Lets see how it goes.
Old 6th April 2009, 20:09   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiuc View Post
@Vikram: I enjoyed very much , it was nice thanks for organizing the meet & I enjoyed the day and., keenly waiting for more meet up like this in future.
Thanks Satya, glad you enjoyed. It was nice seeing your car doing some great times on the track.

The best thing about this P&P session was the number of diesels we had out there, not forgetting the truck also.
Old 6th April 2009, 20:34   #60
BHPian

People who arranged it... Thank you so much!!! We absolutely had a blast... Can't wait for the next one.

My impressions as total newbie to track scene.

The track was open by 1:30 sharp & Vikram went for the first lap and gave the all okay sign. So off we went into the unknown, following the nitrous's mistress. Only to realize that he was pulling away hard and I had forgotten all about racing lines I had learnt in theory. First couple of turns, I was a completely wreck and hazard to everyone's safety on the track and around

I somewhat reduced the speeds during next couple of laps. Started memorize the track, experiment on braking distance, appropriate gear into the turn yadayadayada... I guess I did this for 5 laps & slowly increasing speed as I gained confidence. Then it was all Jung-ho!!!

The car was able to hit 140 in 2 stretches pretty easily, to be honest I am super impressed with my car. I am sure it can do much better once I am able to stick to lines & be smoother with the gears. I also drove the lancer (Yeah...the rickety old one with 85K on the odo!!!) and trust me it was a hoot to drive, just wish that it had more juice under the boot. I must've done around 15 laps in the whole session, with stop watch timing indicating the best lap @ 2:40 (Not bad I'd say).

PS:
@Siddartha: Thanks for clicking our pic man, glad to know that you got the fuel.

@petrol_head: Your car sounds sweet... & thanks for the pic of my car.

@reddreams: I have a super sweet video of your i10 (including the drama on C10) . Let me upload the video and send it across.

@Ali: Great meeting you buddy!

@Nitrous: Tyres are going bald already buddy... Will last for a couple of more track days atleast I guess!!!

@Fountainheader: Awesome pics dude. Would you have any of my car???

It was great meeting all you guys. I certainly want to be regular at the tracks from now... One of my best Sundays ever.

Cheers!
Goutham
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks