Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 13:27   #91
Senior - BHPian

@ Vikram: Did you guy to the raid with A 4x4 mhawk? I thought it was just launched! Road looks like expressway as per RDH standards
Old 21st October 2009, 13:38   #92
Team-BHP Support

Well I see a Tail. which means a 4x4. Now is it a Hawk with a tail, thats the question!

BTW most car warranties stand void if participation in a rally happens. Is that the case with Mahindra also?
Old 21st October 2009, 13:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Well I see a Tail. which means a 4x4. Now is it a Hawk with a tail, thats the question!
From what I can see, it is a Scorpio VLX which makes it the Mhawk. And the 4WD emblem is also there. So Doc's wasn't the first one then?

Last edited by suman : 21st October 2009 at 13:46.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post

BTW most car warranties stand void if participation in a rally happens. Is that the case with Mahindra also?
Do they? never knew that.
But as the car sports such big Mahindra stickers, I have a feeling its M&M Sponsored in which case warranty won't be void.
Old 24th October 2009, 11:36   #95
BHPian

Aplogize for delay in picture guys, as I was hospitalized for a small surgery (nothing related to raid )...will be back in action soon.
Old 24th October 2009, 11:57   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

F5 F5 F5 - sees like all Raiders are suffering from post raid blues or tiredness.
Old 24th October 2009, 12:03   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Aplogize for delay in picture guys, as I was hospitalized for a small surgery (nothing related to raid )...will be back in action soon.
Wish for your fast recovery!!!!

But while you are resting, you satisfy all eager beavers here with some pics of the raid.

Cheers
Old 25th October 2009, 15:07   #98
BHPian

Here are some pictures, I shall post more pictures and blog shortly...

Here are some pictures from Raid...
Attached Thumbnails
Raid de Himalaya 2009-img00022.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img00023.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img00031.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img_1454.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img_1497.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img_1501.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img_1502.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img_1508.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-img_1510.jpg  

Raid de Himalaya 2009-scrutiny8.jpg  

Old 25th October 2009, 17:09   #99
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rishi for the pictures

Saw the Raid coverage on Car and Bike Show on NDTV and a much more detailed 2 part series on Times Now.

Even spotted Balenopower's Scorpio and Rishi's Palio.

Just a quick question which me and wifey were deliberating over. Both the programs and "Extreme" participants were saying that the Raid is a car breaker. Is it the case with Adventure Trial as well.

And having just done the Ladakh circuit except Zanskar over "nice" bad roads or no roads, how much more difficult can it be if one wants to complete.

Opinions please !
Old 25th October 2009, 20:46   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Thanks Rishi for the pictures

Saw the Raid coverage on Car and Bike Show on NDTV and a much more detailed 2 part series on Times Now.

Even spotted Balenopower's Scorpio and Rishi's Palio.

Just a quick question which me and wifey were deliberating over. Both the programs and "Extreme" participants were saying that the Raid is a car breaker. Is it the case with Adventure Trial as well.

And having just done the Ladakh circuit except Zanskar over "nice" bad roads or no roads, how much more difficult can it be if one wants to complete.

Opinions please !
Raid this year was the most toughest compared to all previous years. The routes for both extreme and adventure are same the only difference is that Extreme is speed only and adventure is TSD (Time, Speed and Distance) rally.

The chosen routes were definitely not meant for the cars and specially the speed given were insane (eg 43 KMPH or 45 KMPH) on these terrains. nevertheless, the key to complete was to know how much you can push your car and yourself.

On last day, I literally had to crawl because I had no spare tire to reach Srinagar. Had it not been for my bad choice of tires, I may have made to a better position.

Fiat Palio was rock steady, virtually took any road (or no road) thrown to it.

Let me recover from surgery, I will write a detailed account of my experience.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:44   #101
BHPian

The Bolero in the background of the second pic is of 2nd placed (Adventure Class) Somdeb Chanda/Nirav Mehat.

Saw it yesterday at the workshop, the rear axle has bent towards the left side.
Old 26th October 2009, 13:09   #102
BHPian

Thanks for the photos. Awaiting more of the same as well as detailed write ups if you don,t mind
Old 26th October 2009, 13:16   #103
BHPian

Could someone also explain to me that in the photos I do not see all the cars having roll cages. I always thought that they were important for the safety of the participants and also was mandatory
Old 26th October 2009, 13:47   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_tejash View Post
Could someone also explain to me that in the photos I do not see all the cars having roll cages. I always thought that they were important for the safety of the participants and also was mandatory
Roll-cage is mandatory for all vehicles participating in the Extreme Category which is held as per ful fledged FMSCI regulations. The adventure category is less rigorous and is for stock cars which doesn't require roll-cage and a few other things.

But having said that, the terrain coupled TSD format makes the Adventure category comparable to any other rally in India
Old 26th October 2009, 14:42   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Roll-cage is mandatory for all vehicles participating in the Extreme Category which is held as per ful fledged FMSCI regulations. The adventure category is less rigorous and is for stock cars which doesn't require roll-cage and a few other thing
AFAIK all rallies are held under full FMSCI regulations as there is nothing as less than full regulations. TSD events which restrict speeds upto legal speed limits or lower are allowed to run under regulations without roll cage (and other such high speed protection devices). You can have roll cage optionally installed in your vehicle even in TSD rally

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks