Team-BHP - Raid de Himalaya 2009
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Raid de Himalaya 2009 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/57994-raid-de-himalaya-2009-a.html)

Guys! The dates for the 11th Raid de Himalaya has been announced. This year too it will run two versions, concurrently, as in the last five years namely, X-Treme and the Adventure Trial.

Details can be had at H* I* M* A* L* A* Y* A* N*** M* O* T* O* R* S* P* O* R* T

We have a whole lot of experienced raiders on our community. Where are you guys?? Kindly share your thoughts and ideas for lesser mortals like yours truly and enlighten us.

Since its the first time for me, I am preparing an Esteem VXi for the Adventure trial version. Just finishing all the paper work and hope to submit the entry this week itself. (and take the early entry benefit :D)

Request all you experienced lot to guide me and others who are novices in the rally world on what all to take care while preparing the car. Since this time its under Adventure trial category, I am saving on roll cage and other stuff that normally Xtreme cars have. However, still, what all do I do to prepare the car.

As for the car, it's a stock 2006 Esteem VXi done around a Lac Kms.

Kindly guide!

Best of luck buddy. I think for the 'Adventure' category, NO mods to engine, transmission, driveline are allowed. However, you ca raise the vehicles height by a max of 2".

Actually all what you need to do is mentioned in the raid's website/FAQ's itself. The best place for raid specific advise.

Apart from that I am sure people who have done the raid before will chip in with their inputs here.

PS: I would suggest that you get the documentation done ASAP. Competition licenses/insurance etc etc. That 'can' take a lot of time

PPS: Any one from Bangalore interested in taking part??? Would cost ~75K / person for the 'X-terme' category and would involve taking leave between 5th - 13th Oct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 1289193)
Best of luck buddy. I think for the 'Adventure' category, NO mods to engine, transmission, driveline are allowed. However, you ca raise the vehicles height by a max of 2".

Actually all what you need to do is mentioned in the raid's website/FAQ's itself. The best place for raid specific advise.

Apart from that I am sure people who have done the raid before will chip in with their inputs here.

PS: I would suggest that you get the documentation done ASAP. Competition licenses/insurance etc etc. That 'can' take a lot of time

PPS: Any one from Bangalore interested in taking part??? Would cost ~75K / person for the 'X-terme' category and would involve taking leave between 5th - 13th Oct.

Thanks for the inputs Khan!

Are'nt you thinking of testing your 'Gypsy on Steroids' in the raid? It will be a great test for your ride. Do let me know if you are.

Actually we have gone through all these and also have talked at length with Manjeev and Vaibhav (gotzuk) about the preparations. What we are not sure about is the stuff we need to carry in terms of spares and accessories. Has anyone made a checklist sort of a thing that mentions all the vulnerable parts, tools etc. Like a list for all the spares for the suspension that may fail during the raid.

Also the esteem we will use has been running on CNG for the past 40k or so Kms. We will be taking out the kit though. Will it have any effect on the engine? Will the engine be able to take on the poundings that will be thown on it?

The paper work is almost complete baring the FMSCI licenses which we are expecting by next week.

People, do post who ever is thinking about the Raid. We can participate as a team as well. What say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinayrathore (Post 1289300)
Thanks for the inputs Khan!

Are'nt you thinking of testing your 'Gypsy on Steroids' in the raid? It will be a great test for your ride. Do let me know if you are.

Actually we have gone through all these and also have talked at length with Manjeev and Vaibhav (gotzuk) about the preparations. What we are not sure about is the stuff we need to carry in terms of spares and accessories. Has anyone made a checklist sort of a thing that mentions all the vulnerable parts, tools etc. Like a list for all the spares for the suspension that may fail during the raid.

Also the esteem we will use has been running on CNG for the past 40k or so Kms. We will be taking out the kit though. Will it have any effect on the engine? Will the engine be able to take on the poundings that will be thown on it?

The paper work is almost complete baring the FMSCI licenses which we are expecting by next week.

People, do post who ever is thinking about the Raid. We can participate as a team as well. What say?

Dude you are really fast :)

Who else is participating from our TBHP community in raid this year. I know at least one more, but the name is under cover for sometime on request.

:thumbs up ATB VinayRathore. Please keep us posted on the developements and please do carry a camera along with you. Pics from the scene would be appreciated.

This thread really interests me as I have been staying in Chandigarh for the last 2 years haven't had any enlightenment to participate in any such thing.

Will try to visualize and live the thrills through this thread. Guys please keep on posting your experiences and plans.

Documentation done! Entry sent! Waiting for the acknowledgment from HMA. FMSCI Licenses Applied for!

Preparing ourselves and the car is another story though!:D

Will keep posted guys.

Also SatSharan, dont worry, we are planning to mount a handycam between the seats right behind us and a still camera too separately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinayrathore (Post 1298661)
Documentation done! Entry sent! Waiting for the acknowledgment from HMA. FMSCI Licenses Applied for!

Preparing ourselves and the car is another story though!:D

Will keep posted guys.

Also SatSharan, dont worry, we are planning to mount a handycam between the seats right behind us and a still camera too separately.

Can't wait to see the pictures and videos:Cheering:. Hope you guys are also covering up the preparation of the car with your cameras.

Made it to Early Entrants list announced on the Raid Web Site!:Cheering:

Team:

1. Saurabh Basrar
2. Vinay Rathore
3. Maruti Suzuki Esteem

All the best Vinay
Expecting lots of pics and good news from you.

Wish you all the best vinay (and team).:thumbs up Expecting good news from you. And do post lots of pics.

@khan bhai: Are you participating?? would love to see the "GYPSY on Steroids" in HIMALAYAS :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinayrathore (Post 1307380)
Made it to Early Entrants list announced on the Raid Web Site!:Cheering:

Team:

1. Saurabh Basrar
2. Vinay Rathore
3. Maruti Suzuki Esteem

Is the team member no 3 ready for the thrill? Would love to see the pics of this car ready to race.

I too made it to early entrant list

Why not read up the las years threads? Lot of Gyaan there.

sudev, you involved with the R D H this year?

Congrats and all the best, Just make sure, you have adequate under body protection for your car.