Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2009, 01:31   #1
BHPian

trackdays in india.....

i've got the bug! and to be fair i'm somewhat spoiled for choice both in the UK and Europe. i'm now looking at doing one in india, during my next inevitable trip....would prefer it to be close to mumbai, as that's where both mine and my wifes family are mainly based, but so far the only tracks i can find are:

Kari Motor Speedway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Irungattukottai Race Track - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which are not a major jump away, what with all the internal fights etc, and the track, both international and club layouts, does look intresting.

what i'm wondering is though, where else is there? can you book in advance? are there local companies that will hire out cars for session? how does the scene work out there?

any and all info for 2010 planning would be highly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
trackdays in india.....-results_sep2008_p8.jpg  

Old 28th May 2009, 10:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

There are plenty of threads on this. Read through this section. Here are a few to get you started. If there is an official track day, then you get to hire vehicles.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...ions-here.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...6-onwards.html
Old 29th May 2009, 21:03   #3
BHPian

I think i can answer a few questions on the track at sriperumbudur (Near chennai)

1. They do have pay and practice sessions. The morning sessions are usually for bikes and costs Rs. 400 per bike. (09:00 - 13:00)
2. Afternoon sessions are for cars and costs Rs. 1000 per car (13:00 - 17:00)
3. I believe you can rent out FISSME cars or Esteem race cars. I am not too sure about how much it would cost you, maybe someone else can give us these figures?
4. If I am not mistaken, Rams racing does rent out cars. I have rented out a FISSME some them time ago, but cannot remember how much they charged me at the time. (I was too excited and flung all the cash in my wallet at them)
5. I later crashed the car and then had to give them all the money in my bank account as well.... but thats a different story...

Cheers
Old 30th May 2009, 01:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Your best best is to call up MMSC. Madras Motor SPorts Club
Old 30th May 2009, 01:59   #5
BHPian

Compared to where you're coming from, the trackday 'culture' and infrastructure is sadly nowhere in our country. Forget about the lone two tracks, you'll be lucky enough to get something decent to drive once you land up. In most cases, guys here organise what is called a 'Pay n Practice' session wherein you get your own car, go on the track on your own risk, no paramedics, no mechanical backup and drive.

As far as renting race cars goes, it isn't always possible as someone mentioned. Only 'organised' trackdays offer this 'facility', and the last one I remember of happened a couple of years back I guess. So you ought to be extremely lucky for it to happen when you're around. You can call up MMSC or visit MMSC - Madras Motor Sports Club for further details as well.
Old 30th May 2009, 18:04   #6
Team-BHP Support

Check this thread out :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor-...-included.html

cya
R
Old 30th May 2009, 18:45   #7
BHPian

thank you all, i guess i will have to keep an eye on this section, look out for any events and ask the wife if we can plan dates around them......which will go down well...and get myself down to ask for a ride if there are any going!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks