Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2009, 21:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
Whatever this is again pure disappointment.
Its the same drag bowl. I called Mr Mahesh from APMSC and he said its the same. Really sad man.
Leave that, the prize money was Rs 1500 last time for cars and bikes. And that bike's entry fee was 750.
This time, prize money is 3000 and entry is 1500.
Afterall small events in Bangalore and around which are run by small organizers give better man. Nothing less than even 5k. Nobody is in racing for money, but its to acknowledge the efforts like what furiousshinx said.
What, APMSC wants to make profits eh? Let them start a fashion show then.
Last month there was a Hill Climb race here in bangalore, the organisor never gave any prize money but I personally am aware that the organisor made solid profits in lakhs.
sad part is that motorsport as it is, is a very small exhibit...over that we have such weird people trying to cash it all.

I had a little plan in my mind to take part, and I have 2 fully prep'd drag bikes which are only meant to run down a strip. Its useless if I dont ride them, but this is making me think over twice to come down.
Someone here from APMSC? Where is that dude?
Can totally understand whats running in your mind Seriously this kind of mistakes re-repeated again is only a let down for the serious enthusiasts who travel from other parts of the country just to keep the sport alive. Looking at the last times mistakes, thought it would be corrected this time, lets see. As far as I can recollect, the points which CAN be rectified even now are,

1. Have an emcee for the event.
2. No delays and proper scheduling of event lineups.
3. Better facilities for the croud (Bigger tent, etc). The heat can be a serious issue for public. Let them put an entry fee, but atleast provide facilities.
4. No entry for non-participating cars into the lot alloted for the cars racing (Not even supercars like the Ferrari and GTR)
5. No errors in the equipment used. (Christmas Tree lighting fault like last time)
6. No entry for tructs, scooters, autos, etc on the drag strip like last time. Ehat the hell were they thinking?
7. Provide track timing slips to the contestants.

Sadly, I dont think the track will change and another minus point, the vehicles have to return back via the same route. Waste of time. The viewing galleria (if i can call it that) is just pointless, u can see tiny little bikes and you cannot make out which one is that, what is going on, who is racing, etc. I wish they took a few ideas from the Speedrun at the least.
Old 7th June 2009, 05:16   #32
BHPian

hey fellas i had a quick question, im thinking of running my swift petrol which has a cone filter,ecu remap and iridium spark plugs, what category do u think i would fall in?

Last edited by suped99 : 7th June 2009 at 05:17.
Old 8th June 2009, 20:26   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
hey fellas i had a quick question, im thinking of running my swift petrol which has a cone filter,ecu remap and iridium spark plugs, what category do u think i would fall in?
Put on the stock filter and plugs(&wiring, if it is not stock), you will fall into the stock category. If you have changed your stock wheels, make sure they are of same J(i think it is the width of the wheel) as the stock wheels. If possible put in slightly smaller diameter front wheels and thinner rear tires. Since your ECU is remapped you will have an advantage and if you are good at launching and gear shifting, you might be a winner.

Note: One thing is for sure, you will never be happy even if you win as this counts as cheating.

I am not 100% sure, but I think your car will come in:
Indian Classes: (Pro - Stock)

Indian Cars from 1151 to 1450 cc.

Call the concerned person, he may be able to clarify this.

Raj.
Old 9th June 2009, 16:25   #34
BHPian

@Raj: thank u so much buddy! yeah well i have 17inch rims on it right now, so i think i would have to go back to the stock anorexic wheels.
i just called Dr.Venkat Rao, whos number is given on the site for inquiry, i told him about the mods i have on my car, he said ill be running under stock category engines upto 1450cc. so lets see if everything works out right and my car is ready, ill be on the track trying my luck i just hope the OHC vtec doesent come in my category or else ill go back home lol

Last edited by suped99 : 9th June 2009 at 16:36.
Old 9th June 2009, 16:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i just called Dr.Venkat Rao, whos number is given on the site for inquiry, i told him about the mods i have on my car, he said ill be running under stock category engines upto 1450cc.
that would be the best joke last time alloys were asked to be removed from a stock class car when it went for drag. i think a remap should not be allowed for a stock class. this may be an indication that this time there are less calls and they are letting in everyone. may be!!
Old 9th June 2009, 17:37   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Raj: thank u so much buddy! yeah well i have 17inch rims on it right now, so i think i would have to go back to the stock anorexic wheels.
i just called Dr.Venkat Rao, whos number is given on the site for inquiry, i told him about the mods i have on my car, he said ill be running under stock category engines upto 1450cc. so lets see if everything works out right and my car is ready, ill be on the track trying my luck i just hope the OHC vtec doesent come in my category or else ill go back home lol
Even if a stock Vtech comes a good driver still stands a chance as Raj said, launch and right gear change is the key and since you got a re-map ( whats the bhp boost?) you got an even better chance. But, make sure you get back on your stock equipment which are easily noticeable when they open the bonnet for pre-drag check.

AFAIK, Last time around they did not have an equipment to catch a re-mapped engine
Old 9th June 2009, 19:48   #37
BHPian

The great people of APMSC, disqualified me becuase I did a burnout... They asked me what was I trying to do!!! haha!!

You expect them to know what a remapped engine is!!! LOL!!!

Secondly, the Vtec will NOT come in your category if your engine is anything below 1451cc. As the class is 1151-1451cc and the Vtec is 1493cc

Lastly, with no offence to anyone, no matter how good a launch you get, it is close to impossible for a stock Swift to beat a Stock Vtec in a Quartermile. (Not saying this because I own one, just saying it as it is common sense, as the latter has a bigger and a more powerfull engine)

Shrey

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 9th June 2009 at 19:59.
Old 10th June 2009, 00:36   #38
BHPian

@kutlee: haha yeah ur right about the alloys, thats pretty lame if u ask me though lol. that dude who i spoke to said i have minor mods on it,and i come under the stock category so it was quiete funny. i think ill be running in the Pro-Stock category as i dont want to go back to the stock paper filter and plugs. the filter makes a huge difference to my acceleration and stuff. i doubt they have the equipment to check if my ECU is stock or not, because they just cant look at it and say jack about it lol.

@mobike: well ur right till an extent but the vtec needs a really bad, awefull, or a lady driver(no offense to the good lady drivers ) to lose to a stock swift LOL! well i dint get a dyno test done on it, but the dude who remaped the ecu for me and got other mods done for me,said hes sure that it puts out about 105 bhp. which im sure it does as its a Alott more quicker now. and i think ill be running in the Pro-Stock category with the mods i have.,as i dont want to go back to stock stuff.

U should run ur accent !afterall its Peted!must be really quick init?

@shrey: thats really sad that they disqualified u, very stupid of them,i was going through the rules for the drag and they expect the cars to stand still till its green,or else they will disqualify the person if he goes forward or even backwards before the green light LOL.

Thanks for telling me that the vtec doesnt come in my category,u saved my life by that.u r totally true about the stock swift not getting any chance with the stock vtec, those are killers!!.as i said before the vtec driver must be a bad bad driver to lose to a swift(both stock).

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (r = are, dat = that, etc), and please take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details on using punctuation properly. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th June 2009 at 02:28. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
suped99 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 10th June 2009, 01:33   #39
BHPian

oh btw i just uploaded some pics of my car, u guys r most welcome to check them out
Old 10th June 2009, 02:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Esteem will kill a Swift in a straight line, so you better hope an Esteem doesn't show up.
Old 10th June 2009, 04:17   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Esteem will kill a Swift in a straight line, so you better hope an Esteem doesn't show up.
oh well lets see, i never said i was in it to win it, first time in an official drag dude, you shouldnt be disappointing me.but i get your point no worries.
Old 10th June 2009, 09:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh btw i just uploaded some pics of my car, u guys r most welcome to check them out

I did, nice looking car. I hope to see it in the flesh on 21st. Best of luck for the drag.

Cheers,
Old 10th June 2009, 17:58   #43
BHPian

So how many from team-bhp making it for the drag?
I'm out of it. Its pure waste of money, efforts and everything. I wont come there unless those stupid guys at APMSC even get a clue of what they are trying to do.
All the best to the others.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:30   #44
BHPian

Am in as photographer.

Any one has any idea on how to get press/media passes which alow us to get near to the track?
Old 11th June 2009, 18:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyonblackybx View Post
Am in as photographer.

Any one has any idea on how to get press/media passes which alow us to get near to the track?
Doesn't matter whatever pass you have, if those guys have their way they won't let you even 100 meters into the strip when a 'FAST' and 'DANGEROUS' car like a 530d is staging.

However, you may freely cross the track and catch up with a friend in the middle of the strip with the Supra executing a full-bore burnout barely 50 meters away.

Want a pictorial description?? Here it is.

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-dsc03396.jpg

In short, the organisers are a bunch of wannabe 'know-it-alls' who will go to any point to feed their ego and prove a basically childish point. They don't know how to treat people who are willing to stand in the sweltering heat for two days and snapping pictures which will give them some much needed coverage. In our case, we drove all the way to Hyd, spent our money for own fuel, accommodation etc. hoping to cover the event in detail. And we got this. When asked for a printout of the results, can you fathom what the answer given to us was? "I'll TRY to give you a copy of the results, otherwise they are put up here (pointing to the results put up on a bulletin board placed in pitch darkness, and you can look at them here and copy it down. I didn't believe my ears- the guy expected me to note down the results of gazillion categories of cars and bikes. I was fuming, and left the place without a word and didn't even try getting them later. If the organisers are least bothered, they think we're jobless? We have other better stuff to do as well. so they can hold all their future events and be happy with coverage in local tabloids.

Look at other event organisers for a moment and how they behave with the participants and the media- and I'm talking about national as well as local level events. I seriously want to see who is gonna be racing this time apart from Hyd participants and single-digit number of Blore guys and more interestingly who's gonna be there to cover it except the 'sport-ignorant' local media.

Sorry if any of this breaches the of the confines of the posting etiquettes of the forum. I just wanted to relate my experience as a mediaperson at the event and hopefully get the point across to the organisers about the same.

Last edited by doomsday : 11th June 2009 at 19:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks