Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:08   #91
BHPian

I was there on both days, but more into photographing the event and vehicles.

On Saturday I was in the spectators stand.

Here are few pic that I shot.

SX4

Yello Skoda

Captiva and Swift

Supra on the move

Rx135 in lead

Wheeling Rajdoot RD350

Bob the builder

Red vs Silver Skoda

Busa leavin Aprillia in smoke

Smokin supra

Black zen

Red Swift catching up

PS: Moderators - I have few hunderds of photographs from this even posted on Flickr. its very tedious and time consuming to post these pictures on to TBhp server, can i use flickr to post the pictures over here?
Attached Thumbnails
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-sx4-track.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-yello-skoda-track.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-captiva-swift.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-supra-move.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-rx135-lead.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-wheeling-rajdoot-rd350.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-bob-builder.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-red-vs-silver-skoda.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-busa-leavin-aprillia-smoke.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-smokin-supra.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-black-zen.jpg  

Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-red-swift-catching-up.jpg  

Last edited by guyonblackybx : 23rd June 2009 at 12:18.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:09   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Guys this is India, Rules dont apply to everyone.

Vikram I have seen cars without front two doors too on the strip.
Maybe, but I havent seen any till date. Not that I have attended too many drag events. Only two till date. :-)

As far as the rules are concerned I think there were more cars with this kinda body work. Shabbir's zen, Vasu's zen, Memo's SX4 etc etc. And this is allowed as fas as I know.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:18   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Body panels does not include doors, boot hatch and bonnet. All drag cars run like this. I think only the front two doors are compulsory.
i agree front 2 doors are mandatory. but rear doors if removed have to replaced by either a fibreglass sheet or sheet metal and should be well fastened.not a "plastic cover" stuck with tape.

also front and rear O.E winscreen is a must.
Old 23rd June 2009, 12:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
as per the rule book, no car can have its body panels missing unless it has a roll cage. right?

so didnt akshay get pulled up for that? anyway congratulations to him.
Just to dispel any doubts, my car was passed by the scrutineers after a lot of debate, and some redoing -- notice the black OE doors off karthik247s car (thanks karthik!). Only the hood and the boot were fibre, according to the rules. There was no specific thickness mentioned, so I just bolted down some fibre sheets. I've attached a snapshot of the rule ready-reckoner, just in case.

ps. siddartha, I'm running 225/55 16 on the front now. Seems ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Deccan Quartermile Drag II- June 20th and 21st 2009-rules.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 13:49   #95
Senior - BHPian

that Captiva with the clouds back ground is amazing. Superb pics. Please send a pm of your flickr link to me. thanks..

edit:-
thanks YBX guy. got the PM.

Akshay, i like your spirit. Driving the car down, modifying the hell out of it, getting lost in the city (thanks to me), then re modifying it, then racing and winning, and driving back home with the trophy.
ultimate anna, ultimate. see ya next time. you have got the right guy now where you can get your job done. enjoy..have beer in the trophy.

Last edited by kutlee : 23rd June 2009 at 14:02.
Old 23rd June 2009, 14:06   #96
BHPian

Motorcycle Indian Open Timing Results Please !!
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:22   #97
BHPian

it could be a rumour but apparently the supra has 900 horses under its hood.. the thing got thrashed by a stock sky GTR (New) with 570hp even though he got a bad start. the driver by the looks of it gave the supra evrything he had in it but the GTR was simply ferocious when accelerating (to think this beast was primarily made to corner well than perform in a straight line drag). And the M3 looked like it was going in reverse compared to the GTR... Insane.
All in all a very badly organised event (as expected) with what I can only assume the fewest no. of participants ever to take part in a Drag, considering Hyd alone has more than 2 dozen exotic sports cars and numerous superbikes. None of the spectators knew wat speeds they were doin, wat times they clocked nor even who won the race if it was a close one !!!! It was sad to see just four or five sports cars, one yam R6 take part and not a single R1 even attended the race...Very sad. I wonder why APMSC cant pull any strings and hold the event in the old airport in Begumpet. Now that would be one hell of an event with the whole runway to ourselves.
Old 23rd June 2009, 15:32   #98
Senior - BHPian

That supra is nowhere close to 900 horses. 500 horses is more like it.
Old 23rd June 2009, 16:38   #99
BHPian

@nitro.1000bhp please start watching , enjoying and encouraging our domestic bike racers as well . It is only when people support them that home - grown talent and tuners will grow in this country . RXs and RDs were pretty fast as was the Race Dynamics Zen . With the DRI cracking the whip u cant expect people to bring out their exotics to an event only to be photographed and pictures published in the media .

No the Supra defunately does not make 1000 bhp . LOL . its more like 300 hp + . The GT-Rs got traction control and hardly wheel spins . Beautiful grip .
Old 23rd June 2009, 17:09   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
No the Supra defunately does not make 1000 bhp . LOL . its more like 300 hp + . The GT-Rs got traction control and hardly wheel spins . Beautiful grip .
I understand 900 is an overstatement of the facts but 300+ is definitely a massive understatement. A bone stock Jap-spec twin-turbo engine is advertised at 280 horses. This one's got a single-turbo setup with a massive T51 at the helm of affairs, so even a super conservative tune means its hp figures are north of 450 horses at worst. Remember higher octane fuel can release crazy amount of horses in these setup given the timing increase one can afford.

And yeah, that GT-R has got launch control as well, dunno if the driver used it to get off the line given the potential tranny-crunching baggage it comes with.

Last edited by doomsday : 23rd June 2009 at 17:12.
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:32   #101
BHPian

1. GTR has launch control and you have to use it always otherwise warranty is void.

2. I dont know how much the supra is putting out. It could have been tuned for 900 or whatever. Its been running for years, it could have deteriorated. Shabbir is really a good driver, so I would assume this car is making way less.
Old 23rd June 2009, 22:14   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Guys this is India, Rules dont apply to everyone.

Vikram I have seen cars without front two doors too on the strip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i agree front 2 doors are mandatory. but rear doors if removed have to replaced by either a fibreglass sheet or sheet metal and should be well fastened.not a "plastic cover" stuck with tape.

also front and rear O.E winscreen is a must.
The rules were applied. The weight reduction allowed in bodywork depends on the class in which the car is entered. "Street Stock" cars are not allowed to have weight reduction in bodywork but can have interiors stripped (both front seats are compulsory OE or 4 point harness). A case in point is v1p3r's car which ran not in street stock but in Pro Stock and Open categories.

No 'plastic cover', especially one stuck with tape will withstand the forces, especially wind force generated in such events. Fibre re-inforced plastic or acrylic sheets are used and bolted on securely. Tape is only used to smooth the edges so as to prevent wind drag (improved cD) and flapping. The fibre sheets used to replace the bonnet, boot and doors on V1p3er's cars were bolted down securely, the scrutineers however wanted additional bolts/screws fixed to the sheets in the door frames. Instead of drilling additional holes and weakening the chassis/body Akshay decided to fit in OE doors from Kartik's car (those doors do weigh a lot).

Will someone please clarify on the rules regarding engines and tuning equipment for 'Street Stock' category. I am unsure whether changing valves etc. is prohibited or allowed. I was under the impression that only the cylinder bore and stroke, clutch and gear box had to be standard and all other parts could be modified / tuned, I am however beginning to get my doubts.

Re. the Supra. I too have heard the rumours that it belts out 900 BHP and I agree with doomsday that about 500 BHP (+ 100) seems more like it.

Cheers,
Old 24th June 2009, 00:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys i've put up the pictures i took.Here is the link,it includes some pics that ive taken from team-bhp.
Binoy John's Photos - APMSC Deccan Quartermile Drag II - June 21st 2009 | Facebook

Im not going to put them up here,uploading 150 pictures on team-bhp in not something im too keen on.

Last edited by binz : 24th June 2009 at 00:07.
Old 24th June 2009, 13:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
1. GTR has launch control and you have to use it always otherwise warranty is void.
Ok I know this is way off-topic, but let's understand a few things here.

Nissan doesn't use the term launch control- yes, its nowhere to be found in the manual and elsewhere on the dashboard ala F430 and others. What it is really manipulating is the Nissan VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control). During the course of normal driving, the VDC stays 'on' at all times. Its NOT the launch control, its VDC which is on.

So if one launches the GT-R, nailing the throttle to the floor with one foot on the brake, the engine spins to 1800rpm and stays there till you release the brake.

Now turn the VDC off, and repeat the above procedure. Now, instead of spinning to a tickling 1800 revs, the rev-counter ends up right smack in the meat of the powerband- 4500rpm. Take the foot off the brake and the GT-R rockets into the horizon.

So why provide VDC-off option at all? It was provided to come in handy in tricky situations, like being stuck in snow and utilise the entire potential of the AWD system. Not to hard launch the car and reduce ETs- which is exactly what they did when the car landed in US of A. No one heard of any such problems before the Yanks got their hands on it, they just straight headed to the strip from the showroom and launched the bejesus out of it with VDC off and soon someone ended up with a broken tranny after a couple of passes.

Nissan says they have made some changes to the software that controls transmission duties which limits the rpm to 3000 instead of the earlier 4500 with VDC off. So hopefully no gains are to be made and users would refrain from giving in to the 'off' temptation.
Old 24th June 2009, 14:06   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
The rules were applied. The weight reduction allowed in bodywork depends on the class in which the car is entered. "Street Stock" cars are not allowed to have weight reduction in bodywork but can have interiors stripped (both front seats are compulsory OE or 4 point harness). A case in point is v1p3r's car which ran not in street stock but in Pro Stock and Open categories.

No 'plastic cover', especially one stuck with tape will withstand the forces, especially wind force generated in such events. Fibre re-inforced plastic or acrylic sheets are used and bolted on securely. Tape is only used to smooth the edges so as to prevent wind drag (improved cD) and flapping. The fibre sheets used to replace the bonnet, boot and doors on V1p3er's cars were bolted down securely, the scrutineers however wanted additional bolts/screws fixed to the sheets in the door frames. Instead of drilling additional holes and weakening the chassis/body Akshay decided to fit in OE doors from Kartik's car (those doors do weigh a lot).

Will someone please clarify on the rules regarding engines and tuning equipment for 'Street Stock' category. I am unsure whether changing valves etc. is prohibited or allowed. I was under the impression that only the cylinder bore and stroke, clutch and gear box had to be standard and all other parts could be modified / tuned, I am however beginning to get my doubts.

Re. the Supra. I too have heard the rumours that it belts out 900 BHP and I agree with doomsday that about 500 BHP (+ 100) seems more like it.

Cheers,
do u mean pro-stock N/A class? if yes, internal parts of the engine ,head, block and gear box are free to be modified in addition to overboring upto cc limit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks