Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2005, 15:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
The track itself was great. The karts are a different story, not to be confused though.
Ohh, I absolutely agree, nice home stretch, good sets of corners, chicane et all.
I loved the track, good smooth surface too. It's the maintenance and management part that sucked. So a shut down was inevitable.
Old 16th June 2005, 16:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
So now Bangalore is left with one track - Freeway 19, right? What's the condition of that track now? I heard they have their share of problems?
Nope, there are two, one is Freeway 19 and the other Patel's Inn. Both don't match up to Speedzone.
Sad to hear its not going to be there anymore.
Old 16th June 2005, 19:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

DK Adikeshavulu owns the Shantiniketan area. He also owns the rights to the brand name World Trade Center in Bangalore, and thus it will be the venue for WTC Blr. He also owned Karnataka Breweries, which was Kingfisher's biggest bottler, now bought over by Mallya. Thus the sponsorship by KF.

@ported...they're shutting the place down to raze it and build a mall...it's the greenbacks talking. the management pretty much sucks alright. No mechanical knowledge to speak of either. And they sell alcohol and 30bhp karts together! But the track is beautiful. Chicanes are just right, and plenty of room to overtake. Surface is flawless, and a balmy evening white-knuckle race is bliss. But I must get used to speaking in the past tense...was beautiful...was bliss...

@jigarmuni & harrie...my mistake. The Kari Memorial Speedway is the only other track in India certified to host FIA spec Rotax karting events.

I've seen the Arrows karts in action at speedzone. pure thrill. now history.
Old 17th June 2005, 10:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
my mistake. The Kari Memorial Speedway is the only other track in India certified to host FIA spec Rotax karting events.
I repeat, KMS is not the only track. There is a track in Nagpur that can take the rotax karts as well. And KMS is not homologated with the CIK-FIA yet.
Old 17th June 2005, 17:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

@ Rtech...Sorry. Seems I missed it. Didn't know KMS wasn't certified. Can you put up details of the Nagpur track?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks