Team-BHP - Mumbai Speed Run 2009 - 7th and 8th November - Kharghar
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/)
-   -   Mumbai Speed Run 2009 - 7th and 8th November - Kharghar (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-motorsport/61413-mumbai-speed-run-2009-7th-8th-november-kharghar.html)

Have heard some stuff from the insiders about the Speed Run 2009 happening in October in Mumbai. No, this isn't just another rumour but solid info from a reliable source. Anyone else heard of similar stuff and can somebody confirm the same?

Mods- Thought this warrants a separate thread even though there are threads existing discussing various aspects and suggestions et al but its the first time some reliable info has come up on the subject of the event. If not required please merge. Thanks.

Edit: Atleast the Facebook page confirms the news:

Speed Run - The Official INDIAN DRAG RACE | Facebook

Let's see. After all the events that didn't materialise, no one's going to be losing too much sleep over this. Especially now that APMSC has upped their game.

Did Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation has given the permission to the organizers ???

I am looking forward for this one, though i hope the event materializes & doesn't gets Postponed every now & then. Will wait & watch.

yesss!!! Speed Run is back :thumbs up ... i have posted this on behalf of AUTO CAR's official... i'll keep u updated.

Isn't there an ACI official on TBHP already?

Guys,

Got this info from a source. The dates of the Mumbai Autocar India Speed Run (2 wheelers and 4 wheelers) will be October 24th and 25th, 2009. Venue will be Kharghar, Navi Mumbai.

The dates are confirmed. Will post more details as and when available.

The update has also been made in FMSCI's Event Calendar.
calendar_of_events_2009.doc

Best Regards,
salilpawar1

A few days back ,We were planning on driving down to mumbai from delhi for the SPEED-RUN. Guess its gonna be sooner than we thought :D

Gotta get the act together for that low 11 second!

manson.

there is an Iskon temple being built in the place where the speedrun used to be conducted. I guess its going to be in a different place in Kharghar.

I do not think so as there is no advertisement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 1492090)
Gotta get the act together for that low 11 second!

manson.

You need some launch practice then :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aZa (Post 1490921)
A few days back ,We were planning on driving down to mumbai from delhi for the SPEED-RUN. Guess its gonna be sooner than we thought :D

If you guys are driving down then i'm coming too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavy_foot (Post 1492112)
there is an Iskon temple being built in the place where the speedrun used to be conducted. I guess its going to be in a different place in Kharghar.

Yes. It will be on a better, straighter and longer road just a little bit away from the original track.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1492501)
Yes. It will be on a better, straighter and longer road just a little bit away from the original track.

great, which sector is this in?