Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2009, 12:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ridiculous ********!

So this means India wont be hosting a F1 race in the near future!
Old 25th August 2009, 12:36   #17
BHPian

Well, that sounds disappointing. Wonder what Bernie had in his mind when he said last year that F1 in India will go forward as planned.
Old 25th August 2009, 12:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Of course F1 isn't a sport...ITS A RELIGION

But seriously, there goes my hopes for an Indian GP. Looks like we all should think of Singapore if we want some close up action.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:07   #19
BHPian

why dont they think of the amount of employment it will generate ???
maybe they have gone to the wrong person to get the clearance. they should have gone to the Finance Ministry !!!
Old 25th August 2009, 13:10   #20
Team-BHP Support

The person who cancelled this must have asked for one round in the F1 car.
They refused.

The person would have asked atleast let me sit in the passenger seat.
They refused and laughed.

Simple. No permission.
Old 25th August 2009, 13:26   #21
BHPian

let the minister first focus on develpoment of sports in India and use the BCCI over flowing cash reserve to provide good quality training and facilities to our people, cut the cash prize awards for so called cricketers are not rewarded/awarded huge cash numbers.

Cricket here in India is mostly a commerical event and hockey, national sport is given step-mother treatment. Each time we go to the olympics, we struggle to get a gold medal and then steps for 3 to 4 days that we shall improve things and later things are same as it were.

Most of the cases, a person who does not know anything about sports is appointed as a sports minister.

They dont understand that with F1 comming to India, what amount of employment and tourism benift India can get. If it was cricket there would have been immediate approvals and would have hit the front pages.

Last edited by sajands : 25th August 2009 at 13:30. Reason: removed tags
Old 25th August 2009, 13:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

Why the hell do we make these illiterate people our ministers.vote for the 49-O next time and get these old illiterate people out of the politics.

Forget the sports part.do these guys have any idea how much revenue they'll earn on the basis of tourism and from the people who'll come to see the race and also the huge employment generated in the construction and maintenance of the track as well as the huge amount of hotels needed to be built so that the whole racing faternity can stay there.

also thay can make the track open for public use during the rest of the year where we can race our cars and bikes there for a stipulated fees which will again give the government such a huge amount of money to boost the economy of india.

What the hell.this is such a sad day.one feels so helpless.
We're shouting on top of our voices and somebody has pressed the mute button.
Old 25th August 2009, 14:26   #23
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Hockey is our National Game - what has the self same sports ministry done for its development.
Do you really think that in India the two ministries - Sports and Tourism are going to come together and work together for a common goal?
Forget it.
Old 26th August 2009, 06:06   #24
BHPian

What a CRAP: As per Indian Sports Ministry, F1 is not a SPORT but It is Entertainmen

Just read in the news, as per Indian Sports Ministry, Formula 1 is not purely sports. It is entertainment and it is commercial initiative. Here is the link:

Formula One is not a sport, says sports ministry - Top Stories - Racing - SPORTS - The Times of India

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th August 2009 at 12:23. Reason: Posts merged - and please try to avoid such language in titles! Thanks.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
Just read in the news, as per Indian Sports Ministry, Formula 1 is not purely sports. It is entertainment and it is commercial initiative. Here is the link:

Formula One is not a sport, says sports ministry - Top Stories - Racing - SPORTS - The Times of India
We really cannot expect much more from those babus sitting in Delhi!

These so called ministries are a waste of time.

When sports like hockey, football are totally ignored what chance that the government will support exotic sports like motor racing.

Most governments around the world are well aware of the knock on effect of hosting an F1 race in the country and support it but our babus cannot see beyond the end of their noses.

The software industry in India did well because the government for many years did not have a clue as to what software was and hence did not have a ministry to meddle with the industry.

The only reason cricket is doing well in the country is because BCCI is a private organization and they don't need any support from the government.

/sanjay
Old 26th August 2009, 12:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

For Indian ministry 'sport' is only if it is recognized by Olympic association. So on funds or any kind of government facilities porvided to motorsports in India. I know this as, I have letter from state ministry. We were trying to get official support for motor sport in GOA.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:57   #27
BHPian

I don't see anything wrong in the stand taken by the government. The opinions posted in this thread appears biased to me, but probably because this is a car forum.

The amount in question is not a small one. That amount could well be spent in promoting other marginal sports. I don't see how one F1 race will promote more people to take up car racing as a career.
Old 26th August 2009, 14:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am a F1 fan myself, would very much like to watch a race live in India and all that, but...

Formula one is actually a circus, period. And a traveling one at that.
Old 26th August 2009, 14:34   #29
Senior - BHPian

I do kinda agree with the Ministry on this one. The promoters went to the ministry to get some concessions. There are other sports that need that money desperately.

But, most likely cause of refusal was that someone was not getting enough kickbacks from the demanded concession.
Old 26th August 2009, 15:07   #30
gpa
Senior - BHPian

This is ridiculous! As bblost rightly said, some guy would have been denied a few of his requests, hence this outcome.

I don't see why it is not a sport when the drivers train much harder than the athletes of any other sport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks