Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 14:51   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Its sad to see the track day scene dying out. Earlier we used to have atleast 6-7 cars from Bangalore.
Old 1st October 2009, 15:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Damn, am off to the states on 11th
Old 1st October 2009, 16:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Its sad to see the track day scene dying out. Earlier we used to have atleast 6-7 cars from Bangalore.
surprising fact is that nobody's interested even when jagat is ready to share some tips, outside his rally school. To bring down the cost we decided to go for a sharing basis, if we have more cars.even then not many takers from this forum.Sad
Old 1st October 2009, 17:44   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shock View Post
surprising fact is that nobody's interested even when jagat is ready to share some tips, outside his rally school. To bring down the cost we decided to go for a sharing basis, if we have more cars.even then not many takers from this forum.Sad
Most people on this forum have had their bit of coaching on track from people like JD Madan, Karun Chandok and other prominent track racers already. So, I don't think roping in Jagath would be the main reason for them to turn up. People hit track days for specifically two reasons:

1. To hone their driving skills and also to learn to handle their cars - Most enthu people have already done this. And most newbies are too scared to get their cars on track or they already assume they are as good as F1 drivers. So you see the numbers dwindling.

2. To test the mods carried out on their rides - Since the modding scene is mostly dead, there is nothing more to test on track.

Some of us do take some time off to visit the track and do a P&P as and when the time permits. Earlier track days used to be awaited by all, now its a task to get some good numbers rolling in. Even the regulars aren't too keen.

The only way to get the scene to improve is to provide the track esteems at a good rate and lure prospective new comers to take up this opportunity. Once they see how safe it is, probably then people might get their own cars.
Old 5th October 2009, 09:37   #20
BHPian

Guys..We have to move this to Oct 18th Sunday, as the track was booked by TVS for some of their promos last weekend..Everything else remains the same.
Old 5th October 2009, 11:06   #21
BHPian

I have a question here.

I see all usernames with High End Cars and Avatars also with some High Performance Cars.

My question here is very simple. Can you name the cars that will be there ?
If you guys have Evo's, Supra's and all then I will not come as I do not want to be embarrassed by some guy showing off his Big Car.
I once raced a Rally Lancer Evo 9(Authentic Group N) and that car gave me the Hardest Race of them all. I did beat it but you would not believe how fast that damn thing was.

I do not know maybe Big Cars are the reason that people are not showing up. I would love to do a Track Day before I get married.
Old 5th October 2009, 12:34   #22
BHPian

^^ I'm in a Zen. Are you planning to come down from Bombay for this track day?
Old 6th October 2009, 11:13   #23
BHPian

Not this Track Day but I will be going for Track Day soon.

I went for a Small Holiday just on this Sunday so can't go again in such a short notice.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:18   #24
BHPian

most of the people whom i have spoken to are a bit sceptical about the Oct 18th date, as it is diwali and many have travel plans. I will speak with jagat and see if we can move this to 25th. The reason why i didn't move it the first time around was bcoz medic won't be available on 25th, but we have found a workaround for it. Will Confirm tomorrow.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:42   #25

I so want to come for this. Is anyone from bombay going? I miss the track. I drove around it in an Accord V6 recently, and I have never had my heart rate up THAT much!!
Old 10th October 2009, 17:00   #26
BHPian

I have many questions.

Firstly do we need Race Suits to just go around on the Track ?

Secondly, How many Laps do we get in the 1-5 timing ? I am not totally gung-ho on getting training as I am interested in doing as many laps as possible.

I still do not see which cars you people are bringing.

btw I have seen this event getting postponed a lot. Why so ?
If I come from Bombay then event getting late will be a Big Problem for me. :(

Please answer my questions as I am interested in knowing so I can plan in advance.

I will not be coming for this event as I just went for a Small Holiday.
Old 10th October 2009, 18:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

If the event keeps getting postponed, it's going to be difficult to commit a free weekend.
Old 10th October 2009, 18:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
If the event keeps getting postponed, it's going to be difficult to commit a free weekend.
We could still have our usual P&P on the 18th.
Game?
Old 10th October 2009, 20:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

I wish, macha. With all the drags coming up, my track budget has taken quite a hit. :(
Old 12th October 2009, 10:10   #30
BHPian

Guys..we are having some issues with the use of pay and practice facility. seems it doesn't leave much room open for the general public. And we may have to book up exclusively.

We are having some discussions with the MMSC authorities, and that's why the dates postponed. I will update you guys as soon as i get a reply from them.

Last edited by shock : 12th October 2009 at 10:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks