Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2009, 09:23   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Desert Storm 2010

Entries open now at Desert Storm the longest endurance rally in India.

Starting from New Delhi on February 14, 2010 covering approximately 1800kms before ending at Udaipur after six days.

SUV (4x4) people can participate in the Ndure category without having to do any modifications to their vehicles.

Car or 4x2 wheel drives can be taken entered for Xplore version.

Xtreme is version for speed addicts but entry only to vehicles modified with additional safety features as per rules.

Route is set for each category according to capability.

Desert Storm 2010-img_1749.jpg
Old 31st October 2009, 07:32   #2
BHPian

Need a Co-driver/Navigator explore mode

Why is this thread not rocking like the others?
By the way looking for a artner for desert storm 2010...Anyone in same shoes as me?
Old 4th November 2009, 07:48   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

@vampire: it will rock if members want is rocking here. Instead of PM would have been better for you to ask the question here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire
As you know I want to participate in desert storm 2010. Need to apply for competition license can u tell me which section to apply A, B or C.
lot of queries I have! but i'll take it slowly I'll be really gratified if you help me thru it
thank and regards
The A & B are for seeding positions and are for drivers who are participating in other rallies. In giving start order the seeding is respected and top seed gets the first flag off.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:17   #4
BHPian

the entry fee for the application is 5k.
if our entry isn't selected is that refundable and whaat's the mode of sending the money? DD
addressed to whom!
Old 4th November 2009, 15:53   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

DD in name of organisers - Northern Motorsport (see note #7 on the invite applications) addressed to office in NOIDA, again mentioned in application:
The Secretary
Northern Motorsport
F‐ 8 & 9, Sector 8
Noida‐201 301 INDIA
Phones: +91 120 4082250, +91 9910892281
E‐Mail: info@motorsport.in

And yes if you are not given an invite this is refunded, allow for nominal back end time of week or so.

Last edited by sudev : 4th November 2009 at 15:55.
Old 8th November 2009, 06:40   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Read about the stages being planned for the next Storm here: News
Old 9th November 2009, 02:48   #7

hi Sudev,
Thanks for ur valuable advice about desert storm. ( Read a lot of posts on Team-BHP ).
My application for desert storm is approved and already received mail with entry form. Now my questions.
1. If I apply for Comp License now then I believe it won,t be valid for 2010 event. please advice about when to apply. Moreover entry form has a mandatory column about comp license - what should I fill in that.
2. I have no rally experience but ( Fortunately or unfortunately ) applied for extreme. Already prepared a gypsy with all specifications..( and a bit more) for extreme. Need ur advice about fitting an extra fuel tank. is that allowed in Storm???
3. When will I recieve route map. will that be in paper from or in an electronic format ( CD, SD card, other electronic memory format.)???
4. Some people have mentioned that extreme enterant get free tyres from sponsors. is that true?? ( Sorry about silly question. Just want to save a bit of money :-)....)
5. any special tips for increasing durability of suspension??. some people adviced me to go for composite leaf springs and some advised me about PANDIT Ji ki Kamaniya. although I went for KONI shox and stock leaf springs. What do you advice?/
6. any other tips ( Just wanna add experience of many years to my insane idea of taking part in extreme)

thanks in advance.
Old 9th November 2009, 08:03   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

1. If I apply for Comp License now then I believe it won,t be valid for 2010 event. please advice about when to apply. Moreover entry form has a mandatory column about comp license - what should I fill in that.

You should apply to FMSCI now stating that you need license for year 2010. Then attach a copy of application to the entry form and satet "applied for" in the license# box.

2. I have no rally experience but ( Fortunately or unfortunately ) applied for extreme. Already prepared a gypsy with all specifications..( and a bit more) for extreme. Need ur advice about fitting an extra fuel tank. is that allowed in Storm???

Extra fuel tank made to spill proof specification is allowed. But IMHO there are more than enough fuel stations on the route. Why undertake avoidable expenditure?

3. When will I recieve route map. will that be in paper from or in an electronic format ( CD, SD card, other electronic memory format.)???

You will get road books in paper format at start of event. The electronic route maps are also given at that time in CD format. It will be up to you to load day tracks on to your GPS daily.

4. Some people have mentioned that extreme enterant get free tyres from sponsors. is that true?? ( Sorry about silly question. Just want to save a bit of money :-)....)

Nothing from organisers. If some tyre company comes forwards and offers it we will communicate the same to all. After all we want all entrants to get benefited as much as possible.

5. any special tips for increasing durability of suspension??. some people adviced me to go for composite leaf springs and some advised me about PANDIT Ji ki Kamaniya. although I went for KONI shox and stock leaf springs. What do you advice?/

There are many opinions on this and it is better that you work with your garage and your service teams on these issues. It is not one component that makes the difference but combination of the whole. Lots of people use Panditji's Kamani and many do not. I also hear that the carbon fibre kamani is a great ride improver and virtually breakdown free. Check out your options.

6. any other tips ( Just wanna add experience of many years to my insane idea of taking part in extreme)

Fulfil your hearts desire is what rallying is all about. The level Xtreme / Ndure / Xplore is up to you and your judgement of your and your vehicles abilities.
Old 12th November 2009, 07:30   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Route recce of Rann is under way now. The road group did final survey of the 140kms single competitive across the Rann of Kutch yesterday. It is going to fast and whole lot of fun to see competition on this stage.

Today they would be doing recce of the extended beach stage. Road book work would be over after this trip.
Early entries close on November 15th
Old 12th November 2009, 10:36   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you motor sport enthusiast? Are you passionate about driving? Are you looking for a motoring adventure? Are you ready to face driving challenges?

The next Storm will hit on February 14, 2010

Desert Storm 2010-ds10flyer.jpg

Early Entries for Desert Storm 2010 close on November 15, 2009.

In the cars/four wheelers category Xtreme, Ndure and Xplore versions will be run currently. Early entry fee for a crew of two is Rs30000. For details about classes, groups and entry procedure visit our web site

Road recces are completed and brand new routes have been added. Rest assured it is the longest and toughest motor sport event in the country. And yet it retain rules that allow you continue even if you have had ill luck or mechanical break down in one of the legs.

Draft regulations and other details are available on our web site.

If you wish to receive regular updates keep checking this thread or to receive by email register at Subscribe to our Newsletters
Old 12th November 2009, 21:16   #11
BHPian

@ Vampire am ready to co-drive for desert storm. let me know if you are interested.

Regards

adhiraj bardhan

Old 13th November 2009, 16:47   #12
BHPian

@adhiraj

Its a pleasure to know that you would want to join me.

But you see my plans have been cancelled for this year.

Reason being my car's not safe/fit enough.

Thanks for the offer though. I shall keep the same inj my mind for the future.

RD
Old 13th November 2009, 17:46   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vampire: Is your car worse than M800 or Accent or Wogon R or Old Zen or City? These have done the Storm in past. The Zen was about five year old. Heck Xplore is for 2WD cars and Accent was all women team. And scrambling and scampering to put in entry fee for the next one!

But then it is your decision.

Last edited by sudev : 13th November 2009 at 17:48. Reason: spelling
Old 13th November 2009, 18:41   #14
BHPian

@sudev

Sir
I respect and thank you a million times for your advice /support. Not only you but the entire team-bhp guys. Never did i think i'll ever be so attached to any virtual group like us.
But you see I am unable to convince my folks. You know how you parents are . I am independent and all those words and right now I am in South Korea so there's absolutely nothing which can stop me to do what I want but still I am unable to go against their will
Slightly but pardon me guys. Sudev rebukes me for sending PM"S

I hope you and all others at team-bhp understand and respect my decision

GODSPEED.
Old 14th November 2009, 22:10   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Early entries close for Desert Storm 2010. Standard entries open till December 15th. Event web site is at Desert Storm

@Vampire I rebuke you for sending PM's for topics that can be discussed in open and benefit other too. There will be other times. Or you could come as an volunteer marshal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks