Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

something like this around delhi?

Race Track around Delhi-tsukuba.jpg

this is an image of the tsubuka racetrack and it looks challenging. you bet we need something like this.

I'd like to make mention of this racetrack I went to in US. it was actually a speedway called Talladega speedway. it is used for races only 5-6 times a year but the rest of the time, it is used by various other organizations who run racing schools and by privateers who come there to race their cars.

similar concept could do good here.
I actually love the concept nurburgring runs on.

ecks, good luck.
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:38   #17
BHPian

Sure fire great idea

I am sure this will be a fantastic success - do watch out for regulations, access to emergency medical care. You may also need to certify every member after a series of tests monitored by expert drivers. Else you will have every lead footed guy in North India sleeping at your doorstep and your parking lot will look like a 108 dispatch area.

By the looks of it, you seem to have enough money to pull it off - I think you should. Not just for all the money you will make but also for all the joy people will get thanks to you.
Get a bunch of professionals and go for it. Make sure people earn their memberships. You can tie in a school for performance driving. I had an idea for a long time and also thought through a few issues but just don't have vitamin M to see it through.

I will be more than happy if you consider Hyderabad as a more central India location :-) I will be your first applicant if its Hyd.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:10   #18
BHPian

While we all dream of a full-fledged track, come let your hair down at India's only indoor GoKart track.... Kart Cave. With karts for a variety of ages and skill levels and equipped with a full timing system with driver analysis, it's hours of nonstop fun and improvement of your driving as you go along.

Just a word of caution. A very high level of driver discipline is expected here. So get ready to get thrown out if you don't follow the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
I am sure this will be a fantastic success - do watch out for regulations, access to emergency medical care. You may also need to certify every member after a series of tests monitored by expert drivers. Else you will have every lead footed guy in North India sleeping at your doorstep and your parking lot will look like a 108 dispatch area.

By the looks of it, you seem to have enough money to pull it off - I think you should. Not just for all the money you will make but also for all the joy people will get thanks to you.
Get a bunch of professionals and go for it. Make sure people earn their memberships. You can tie in a school for performance driving. I had an idea for a long time and also thought through a few issues but just don't have vitamin M to see it through.

I will be more than happy if you consider Hyderabad as a more central India location :-) I will be your first applicant if its Hyd.

Last edited by mazdayar : 5th November 2009 at 12:15.
Old 5th November 2009, 12:43   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Thanks Rehaan. That thread proves the sad situation of racing tracks in India.
@Noidaboy - We shall look into the legal aspect of that later. The purpose of the track would be to be a public venue for racing and we shall welcome race events organized by other institutions.
I hope this works out, because it will be a blessing for alot of us here in north atleast.

But if you are looking at a business prospective, do study upon the G.noida circuit because if that comes up,then you might have competetion, But if you are doing for your self then its different.

Why not a drag strip? Cheaper,easier, more participation.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
I hope this works out, because it will be a blessing for alot of us here in north atleast.

But if you are looking at a business prospective, do study upon the G.noida circuit because if that comes up,then you might have competetion, But if you are doing for your self then its different.

i saw in the newspaper the other day about Jaypee group coming up with a racetrack around delhi. ecks Did you get to see that?
Old 18th November 2009, 17:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is the proposed race track near Delhi (by Jaypee group)
Jaypee Sport City: Masterplan of the Sports City
Attached Thumbnails
Race Track around Delhi-master_plan.jpg  

Old 25th November 2009, 16:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
i saw in the newspaper the other day about Jaypee group coming up with a racetrack around delhi. ecks Did you get to see that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
This is the proposed race track near Delhi (by Jaypee group)
Jaypee Sport City: Masterplan of the Sports City

Guys , last I read it is an F1 race track not open to the public. If it is, then I do not need to invest in the time and resources for a track. As far as I know, it is not.
Old 25th November 2009, 17:14   #23
BHPian

Good effort karan paaji. i have a question that how much land is required to build a race track with drag strip ???
Old 25th November 2009, 17:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
Good effort karan paaji. i have a question that how much land is required to build a race track with drag strip ???
Since I have a Tsukuba - like race track in mind, 200 acres is what we have estimated. A drag strip can be integrated into the same design.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:19   #25
BHPian

sounds great.
but is it legal to buy a property, create a race track and touch speeds over lets say 250-300 kmph per hour? Or is there some license required?
BTW once your project is completed will you please buy a few exotics which people like me can rent for a weekend for track use? A 600bhp M3 sounds delicious.
Old 25th November 2009, 18:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys , last I read it is an F1 race track not open to the public. If it is, then I do not need to invest in the time and resources for a track. As far as I know, it is not.
So it'll just be empty whenever there isn't an official event going on? That's downright silly since trackdays are a good source of revenue for them and it keeps the track and facilities from falling into disrepair.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
sounds great.
but is it legal to buy a property, create a race track and touch speeds over lets say 250-300 kmph per hour? Or is there some license required?
BTW once your project is completed will you please buy a few exotics which people like me can rent for a weekend for track use? A 600bhp M3 sounds delicious.
I am sure there must be some procedure involved. Will go in depth with the questions after my exams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
So it'll just be empty whenever there isn't an official event going on? That's downright silly since trackdays are a good source of revenue for them and it keeps the track and facilities from falling into disrepair.
That was my first reaction too. Apparently the standards and requirements and track conditions for a formula 1 race are very high, as a result it won't be open to public for normal use. I may be wrong as that may have changed, but I too need more info on this.
Old 25th November 2009, 19:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was my first reaction too. Apparently the standards and requirements and track conditions for a formula 1 race are very high, as a result it won't be open to public for normal use. I may be wrong as that may have changed, but I too need more info on this.
What about street circuits that share space with public motorways/roads and such?
Old 25th November 2009, 20:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
What about street circuits that share space with public motorways/roads and such?
Aah , you mean like the monaco track eh? Its definitely a good option. Will look into all possibilities before deciding on what is best. What we North Indians need is a technical, curvy track with good straights so that supercars or performance cars at least stretch their legs to 4th or 5th gear. Tsukuba fits the bill very well.
Old 25th March 2010, 20:23   #30
BHPian

So ecks any updates?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks