Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 21:10   #76
BHPian

The rally has started officially. With butterflies in my stomach, I am packing my bag.

Black Hawk is ready to roar. With all the stickers, its looking great. Will be leaving for Siliguri on 1st Feb morning. Participants from Kolkata are being put up at Hotel Manila and Hotel Sarada.

Wanderernomad and John, would love to meet you. John, thanks for the pics. I guess it must be a very hectic schedule for you as a Marshall, but, please don't forget to click car #24, both on and off the action

As John mentioned, its my first big event and I will be competing against some of the most renowned names in the rallying circuit of Bengal and Bhutan. Will try my best to put up a brave fight.

You can keep track of the rally progress at Official Website of Friendship Car Rally Association.

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p1310023-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p1310024-large.jpg

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-p1310025-large.jpg
Old 31st January 2010, 23:21   #77
Senior - BHPian

Here's wishing Saurabh da and Joseph the very best! Have a blast guys!
Old 1st February 2010, 09:46   #78
BHPian

rally

I just got a call from the Bumpu asking me to contact Saurabh or Joseph to advise them that the Tint on the windows MUST BE REMOVED otherwise they will be disqualified.

I'm trying to reach them and if anyone has their phone numbers please call them.

Bumpus # is 98 3005 4320
Old 1st February 2010, 10:01   #79
BHPian

rally

Just to let you know I was able to reach Joseph and they stripping off the window film.

Talk about being wired, are they ever excited!
Old 1st February 2010, 10:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Kaam ho gaya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I just got a call from the Bumpu asking me to contact Saurabh or Joseph to advise them that the Tint on the windows MUST BE REMOVED otherwise they will be disqualified.

I'm trying to reach them and if anyone has their phone numbers please call them.

Bumpus # is 98 3005 4320
Quote:
Just to let you know I was able to reach Joseph and they stripping off the window film.

Its been taken care of. Indrojit sent me an sms. I did a concall with him and Joseph and the message was conveyed. Over to all of you guys now! Best of luck to Team Black Hawk.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:55   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
The rally has started officially. With butterflies in my stomach, I am packing my bag.

Black Hawk is ready to roar. With all the stickers, its looking great. Will be leaving for Siliguri on 1st Feb morning. Participants from Kolkata are being put up at Hotel Manila and Hotel Sarada.

Wanderernomad and John, would love to meet you. John, thanks for the pics. I guess it must be a very hectic schedule for you as a Marshall, but, please don't forget to click car #24, both on and off the action

As John mentioned, its my first big event and I will be competing against some of the most renowned names in the rallying circuit of Bengal and Bhutan. Will try my best to put up a brave fight.

You can keep track of the rally progress at Official Website of Friendship Car Rally Association.

A little change.Uncle John is no longer in the marshall team.He is now in the recovery team.
All the best and hope to see your car doing great in the rally.

Quote:

Bumpus # is 98 3005 4320
Quote:

Hi,

All the best for tomorrow.I spoke to dad last night about it and i told him that a team-bhp car is going to be doing the rally and i told him which car so then he told to ask them to remove the film of the car otherwise they will not be allowed to participate.He also mentioned about another esteem with the same thing but no details to who's car that is.So incase anyone knows please convey the message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Its been taken care of. Indrojit sent me an sms. I did a concall with him and Joseph and the message was conveyed. Over to all of you guys now! Best of luck to Team Black Hawk.
Thankx.It wouldn't have been possible without you.

All the Best guys i'm sure you'll are going to have a blast.

Last edited by IndrojitSircar : 1st February 2010 at 11:59.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

All the best to Saurabh and Joseph - there goes the LCLC sticker off the rear windshield. :(

Saurabh is already set the "out of office" autoreply message - means he is already off to Siliguri.

All the best again. Waiting for the pics and report.

@ Johy (John) - see if you can catch up with them.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:21   #83
BHPian

Hope to catch up with the team tomorrow in Slg. I have received an SMS from Joseph that they should be reaching here tomorrow.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:11   #84
BHPian

Scratch John!

I had a call today from the Bhutan Consulate to say being a foreigner I needed a visa. We went to their office with all the necessary documents hoping that they could fast track it.

No luck, even though they contacted the the head of the department in Bhutan. It usually takes 5+ days to process. Wonderful sincere concerned personal but the system just isn't set up to move that quickly.

Was given a beautiful book on Bhutan and will insure that I can participate next year.

Go Get Them BLACK HAWK! See you when you return.
For me, just having the thought of going, will keep me going till the next Event.
Old 2nd February 2010, 01:00   #85
BHPian

Best of luck saurabh da and joseph... your car looks awesome and good to gallop!!!

Btw, my dad is also going as an official for this rally..i think he's part of the rescue team.. get in touch if you need anything - TJ Mookherjee 98300 45255, he's new to this circuit but im sure he'll be able to help out if you need something.
It really seems like a lifetime experience... would have loved to go and had talked to Joydeb da about this long back too.. but alas unavoidable commitments!!!
Meanwhile, pics of the team members attached...
Attached Thumbnails
3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-black-hawk.jpg  

3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-team-black-hawk.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 12:23   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk View Post
Best of luck saurabh da and joseph... your car looks awesome and good to gallop!!!

Btw, my dad is also going as an official for this rally..i think he's part of the rescue team.. get in touch if you need anything - TJ Mookherjee 98300 45255, he's new to this circuit but im sure he'll be able to help out if you need something.
That's good.He was in my dad's team (recovery) but then was put into another one as Uncle John was put in to the recovery team.He might be put back into the recovery team again now.
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:27   #87
Senior - BHPian

A short update-

All the cars reached yesterday to Siliguri and the best part is none of the cars broke down on the way.

Today is the scrutiny and all the participants from Bhutan will be also there.They are also going to complete all the paper work and then start off tomorrow morning.

All the best to the teams
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:09   #88
BHPian

Team in Siliguri

Met up with the duo for a short while in their hotel in Siliguri. The guys were real tired after the trip and getting some minor work done on the car.

Hope to catch them tomorrow morning at the flag-off.
Attached Thumbnails
3rd Indo-Bhutan Friendship Car Rally - 2010-img_1935.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 18:52   #89
BHPian

Spoke to Bumpu, all are ready to start tomorrow with about 10 cars in from Bhutan.

Hope someone can post some photos from along the way!
Wish I was there!
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:51   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Met up with the duo for a short while in their hotel in Siliguri. The guys were real tired after the trip and getting some minor work done on the car.

Hope to catch them tomorrow morning at the flag-off.

Thankx for that picture.Our team Black Hawk don't seem to have still removed the film from their car.

Looking forward to some more pics tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks