Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 16:38   #1
BHPian

Mumbai: Its rally time!! (Track in Khopoli)

News for all of us guys who were dying for a track out here in Mumbai.. the game over boys have started off a track on the outskirts of Mumbai or i think close to Navi Mumbai.i think its in Khapoli.
they have about 6 Balenos with roll cages et all.theyve put up a stall in the Autocar show aswel.didnt get a chance but will check it out and keep you guys posted.

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation properly. Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st November 2009 at 22:27. Reason: Please make sure you see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 20th November 2009, 17:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

a track at khapoli... interesting.please try and get more details.
Old 20th November 2009, 18:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
News for all of us guys who were dying for a track out here in Mumbai.. the game over boys have started off a track on the outskirts of Mumbai or i think close to Navi Mumbai.i think its in Khapoli.
they have about 6 Balenos with roll cages et all.theyve put up a stall in the Autocar show aswel.didnt get a chance but will check it out and keep you guys posted.
Just spoke to one of their representative yesterday, the charges are ~Rs.10,000/- for a 1 day session. They will be providing their cars and are flying down some highly experienced trainers. The circuit will be also leased to people who may be interested for a day for rallyin fun with their friends. The pricing IMO seems to be a little too much but the rep told me that the fees for the trainers is 40 pounds a day!!!
Old 20th November 2009, 18:28   #4
BHPian

whatever it is.it really is good news for all us mumbiyas!!
Old 20th November 2009, 19:06   #5
BHPian

This is great news! But I dont know whether i'll ever end up making it there. I've been in Bombay for 10 yrs now and not yet gone karting @ hakone.

I will need to atleast see the facilities and quality before plonking down big money (10K is beeeg for me). If it's worth it then why not? It'll possibly be a really fun experience.
Old 20th November 2009, 21:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Can we take our own cars? Is it tarmac or sand/gravel? How long is the track?
Old 21st November 2009, 10:19   #7
BHPian

its going to be all tarmac.a circuit with a drag strip..!
Old 21st November 2009, 12:05   #8
BHPian

Phone Numbers of these people please.

10000/- is quiet a lot but will have to see to believe.

I have advise. Please do not drive with your car on their track if it is a rally track unless you own rally prepared vehicles.
Old 21st November 2009, 12:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Seeing as it would only get cheaper in the future, it's too expensive I guess. They could offer some incentives to the first few people. Don't know though, better to have someone from their team talk here directly.
Old 21st November 2009, 13:26   #10
BHPian

considering the fact that Gaurav Gills rally school charges 12000 bucks dwn south,10k is pretty ok.are there any members from Game over here?

Last edited by wildchild4lyfe : 21st November 2009 at 13:28.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:30   #11
Team-BHP Support

I think Ported_Head was talking about the same track in his post in another thread :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
It's going to be started by somebody called Pradeep Nair. He spoke of several of his accolades in racing/rallying, nationally & internationally. They have tied up with Bill Gywene Motorsport School, who have supposedly been responsible for guys like Richard Burns and someother famous guys, whose names I can't recall anymore. Prodrive is somehow involved with preparation of the cars.

They are going to start with a rally/dirt track and giving advanced driving lessons on the same. The cars are going to be running roll cages and conform to various FMSCI safety standards. Though they might not do a arrive-n-drive session rightaway as they have safety concerns.

Once the dirt track is ready, they will be building a tarmac track and a drag strip in the end. The drag strip is expected to be a total of 1 mile long. He expressed his concern for lack of adequate run off areas in the other events. Also, a karting track seems to be a part of the scheme of things also. It's situated off the Mumbai-Pune expressway, near Khopoli somewhere. Mr. Nair said that their office was situated on Carter Road, Bandra (W).

It seems like a well calculated and professional attempt by somebody involved with motorsports for many years. I guess Mumbai's prayers for a track have been answered, finally!...
Link to thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1594513

cya
R
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:39   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I think Ported_Head was talking about the same track in his post in another thread :

Link to thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1594513

cya
R
Agree with Rehan its the same track.

Its going to be a tarmac, dirt track & a 4x4 track, the circuit would be around 3 Km. Was speaking to Mr Nair who is managing the whole thing as of now, according to him, he is going to start with 4 swift's of which 2 will be stock & 2 will be as per FIA specs.
He is also looking at starting with 2 gypsys for the off-roading track.

Approximate charges would be around Rs 8000-10000 per day.

There will also be packages for corporate events, tie-ups, vehicle testing, racing etc but they will all have some mandatory requirements to fulfill before any car/bikes hit the track.

As per my conversation with him, Bill Gywene Motorsport School will be managing & running operations, he is on a consultancy mode to them.

The place is off the expressway, exit from Khalpur toll gate (from Mumbai), turn right & drive down for 2Kms for this track.
Old 22nd November 2009, 17:46   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild4lyfe View Post
.... the game over boys have started off a track on the outskirts of Mumbai or i think close to Navi Mumbai.i think its in Khapoli....
I don't think game over has anything to do with this track from what i have heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
....The place is off the expressway, exit from Khalpur toll gate (from Mumbai), turn right & drive down for 2Kms for this track.
Awesomely close for Mumbai guys -- as well as for the Pune gang.

I'm really excited about this.

Any idea when (tarmac) race-track is scheduled to be completed?

cya
R
Old 22nd November 2009, 18:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Has the work already started? Might be a good option to drive down and check the goings-on during the next TBHP drive...
Old 22nd November 2009, 20:59   #15
BHPian

For details, visit:

Automission Welcomes you...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks